Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
H
kick off
kick off
H
Keep you shirt on....18 yr. old HS liberal. You got rather scattered in your last responses. Grow up sonny. Open less of your mind...instead, open your eyes. Rediculous you are being. Be open-minded and more caring. I pay for your liberal education.

Let me help you "Get it". There are people that DO NOT like the idea of someone in this country wagging a flag of a different country in their face. These people only need a stupid reason to hurt someone....even at a HS soccer game. My point is "why antagonize people".

Think beyond yourself, and care about the feelings of all people....not just yourself. I and many others do not appreciate it. That should be enough for you to take my feelings into consideration. But no, you make fun of my opinion and ask if I am 3. You make light of Christian, 45 yr. olds....so I have to assume you are "against" that. Understand that?

Again, wake up and smell the coffee. You struck no nerve with me.

NW/IRMO/the Mexican kid that wrapped himself....LEAVE the flags at home. Put them on your clothes/cars/houses. Do you REALLY need the extra attention?

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

When these kids wrap themselves in their country's flag....it is disrespectful to the flag that they play under

again...in YOUR opinion.

It is because of the flag they play under that they can wrap themselves in their country's flag. Therein lies the TRUTH...not just my opinion. PERIOD.

-Attitude reflects leadership-
bench
bench
The beautiful thing is that we ARE in America and thus can take part in this conversation in the first place. How can there possibly be anything wrong with people waving national flags or saying "non-denominational" prayers? Would a denominational prayer be better? Not trying to put words in anyones mouth. The majority of these players were in the same game last year. They know what to expect. Respect? This is America.

I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted.
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Keep you shirt on....18 yr. old HS liberal. You got rather scattered in your last responses. Grow up sonny. Open less of your mind...instead, open your eyes. Rediculous you are being. Be open-minded and more caring. I pay for your liberal education.

Let me help you "Get it". There are people that DO NOT like the idea of someone in this country wagging a flag of a different country in their face. These people only need a stupid reason to hurt someone....even at a HS soccer game. My point is "why antagonize people".

Think beyond yourself, and care about the feelings of all people....not just yourself. I and many others do not appreciate it. That should be enough for you to take my feelings into consideration. But no, you make fun of my opinion and ask if I am 3. You make light of Christian, 45 yr. olds....so I have to assume you are "against" that. Understand that?

NW/IRMO/the Mexican kid that wrapped himself....LEAVE the flags at home. Put them on your clothes/cars/houses. Do you REALLY need the extra attention?

Maybe you need some of that liberal education considering you can't spell ridiculous. And just because people don't like it means they should stop? Honestly it was one high school soccer game and if it bothered you that much then that is what is ridiculous.

No, I make light of the fact that just about any older person making remarks like the ones you have must have to be blinded by their conservative views my friend. The fact I said Christian is because you made a reference to prayer in schools which is a completely different topic that we have already discussed in a thread in the Girls forum.

And taking your feelings into consideration does not change my views. I wasn't even one of the kids up there waving around flags of different countries. But this is America, I cannot honestly take you serious when you say that the waving of other countries' flags should be banned at high school events. That is just completely ridiculous. Sorry you are offended at that but get over it. Take a trip outside of the South and see how many people agree with you.

G'd up from the feet up
H
kick off
kick off
H
Exactly...don't make wide sweeping opinions about people from the south. When we were integrated completely in our schools, Boston was still having race-riots years later. I grew up around diversity everywhere. I totally repect diversity and other peoples' rights to do and say things. That, of course, doesn't make them right or tasteful to do so.

I expect that rules about what you can say or do specifically concerning "people of color" may be constitutionally allowed, but still in poor taste. At our HS, you would be suspended for saying such "free speech" things.

The flag waving can be incinerary, but let's let it continue and say nothing because the #1 team in the state condones it. That is TRUTH....I know it's hard.

bench
bench
Quote:

Quote:

Maybe you need some of that liberal education considering you can't spell ridiculous. And just because people don't like it means they should stop? Honestly it was one high school soccer game and if it bothered you that much then that is what is ridiculous.

No, I make light of the fact that just about any older person making remarks like the ones you have must have to be blinded by their conservative views my friend. The fact I said Christian is because you made a reference to prayer in schools which is a completely different topic that we have already discussed in a thread in the Girls forum.

And taking your feelings into consideration does not change my views. I wasn't even one of the kids up there waving around flags of different countries. But this is America, I cannot honestly take you serious when you say that the waving of other countries' flags should be banned at high school events. That is just completely ridiculous. Sorry you are offended at that but get over it. Take a trip outside of the South and see how many people agree with you.

It is ridiculous. Especially when Irmo was waving the rasta flag. We all know what that means. Theres no denying it. But I'm not against either one and hope that by the time I'm 45 there will be twice as many flags flown at the state championship and that the youth flying it will not have to worry about others looking down on them for it.

I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted.
S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

So, using your logic:
Playing soccer may offend some people. Since it offends people, should we stop playing it too?

corner kick
corner kick
new york is playing juventus from italia right now.

click on the link, im watching it, my team play the national tittle later on.

http://www.justin.tv/kalintv2#r=rCdV6cs~

Club of the century.
H
kick off
kick off
H
Not saying that at all soccerman. Waving the flags can be incinerary....as can the deragatory things that people yell to the refs. and players.

Bad logic there soccerman.

H
kick off
kick off
H
Yes....hopefully by the time you're 45, they will all be waving the flag of the country whose national anthem is played at the beginning of the game. Maybe you will be there to hand out the little U.S.A. flags. I'm not 45 by the way.

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard