Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
H
kick off
kick off
H
By the way, Taylorbabe....my sphere expands much further than you and a few. I've talked to plenty of people that feel the same. Whenever people speak up about something, the ones that see no problem with it are the most vocal. Defense you might say. You know that. No need to point it out.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

By the way...have you noticed that the it appears the only person those flags have incited is YOU?

While not incited by it, I am confused by it.
It's like those d*mn yankees that come down south (to stay) and tell you how great things up north are.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
goal kick
goal kick
The flags are simply a statement to the diversity in the USA. We live in a very diverse community, and coincidently, NW is proud of their diversity on the team and are not afraid to tell you that.

By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.
goal
goal
Quote:

Congratulations Northwestern on your third consecutive State Championship in a rivalry that dates back to 2003 when I first started shooting video of the matchup.

Both programs have elevated the level of high school soccer to a point of filling up stadiums that were once empty compared to the crowds we wee today.

On the issue of the game itself, for all the criticism given Alex Martinez, I credit him with a tremendous defensive effort and the ability to play to the strengths of his team. His ability to hit Ricky and Dennis with passes when he got the ball against the run of play is what broke IRMO down.

IRMO showed much more poise in terms of style of play and possession, but it was the shear power of those three individuals that carried the offensive ability for NW last night.

The comeback IRMO mounted when everyone thought the wheels had come off when it was 3-0 after going into the half at 0-0 showed great team character. Every player should hold their head high as the number of goals scored during that period say nothing about the multiple near misses created by IRMO.

The final goal by Dennis with the assist from Ricky and Alex was nothing short of amazing and may be the only NW goal I caught on video as I was all the way down on the other end of the pitch.

I obviously hate to see the loss for the IRMO squad, but at the end of the day it's all about being creating your chances, competitive, playing with pride and leaving it all on the field.

IRMO will be back in form in 2011 and we all know Northwestern will be as well. Thanks for the great memories IRMO, NW and especially Ricky. Your five goals over the past two years are stuff of dreams. I expected nothing less, but certainly hoped for less. Well don Sir!

Also, congrats to the IRMO seniors who led the team all year. Each of you have been a pleasure to know and what grow as individuals and players. Go out into the world and continue to make a difference.

Manchester, why do you use all capital letters when referencing Irmo? Newspapers, television stations, and other media don't spell it that way and the school itself has never referred to itself as IRMO.

From the irmo High School web site:

Irmo falls within both Lexington and Richland Counties and is located within 10 miles of the capital, Columbia. The origin of Irmo tells the story of the railroad's influence. Irmo was incorporated in 1890 and flourished along the tracks of the Columbia, Newberry and Laurens railroads on the high ridge between the rivers. The town was named by combining the first two letters of the names of two railroad company men - C.J. Iredell and H.C. Moseley

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
M
brace
brace
M
Quote:

Quote:

Congratulations Northwestern on your third consecutive State Championship in a rivalry that dates back to 2003 when I first started shooting video of the matchup.

Both programs have elevated the level of high school soccer to a point of filling up stadiums that were once empty compared to the crowds we wee today.

On the issue of the game itself, for all the criticism given Alex Martinez, I credit him with a tremendous defensive effort and the ability to play to the strengths of his team. His ability to hit Ricky and Dennis with passes when he got the ball against the run of play is what broke IRMO down.

IRMO showed much more poise in terms of style of play and possession, but it was the shear power of those three individuals that carried the offensive ability for NW last night.

The comeback IRMO mounted when everyone thought the wheels had come off when it was 3-0 after going into the half at 0-0 showed great team character. Every player should hold their head high as the number of goals scored during that period say nothing about the multiple near misses created by IRMO.

The final goal by Dennis with the assist from Ricky and Alex was nothing short of amazing and may be the only NW goal I caught on video as I was all the way down on the other end of the pitch.

I obviously hate to see the loss for the IRMO squad, but at the end of the day it's all about being creating your chances, competitive, playing with pride and leaving it all on the field.

IRMO will be back in form in 2011 and we all know Northwestern will be as well. Thanks for the great memories IRMO, NW and especially Ricky. Your five goals over the past two years are stuff of dreams. I expected nothing less, but certainly hoped for less. Well don Sir!

Also, congrats to the IRMO seniors who led the team all year. Each of you have been a pleasure to know and what grow as individuals and players. Go out into the world and continue to make a difference.

Manchester, why do you use all capital letters when referencing Irmo? Newspapers, television stations, and other media don't spell it that way and the school itself has never referred to itself as IRMO.

From the irmo High School web site:

Irmo falls within both Lexington and Richland Counties and is located within 10 miles of the capital, Columbia. The origin of Irmo tells the story of the railroad's influence. Irmo was incorporated in 1890 and flourished along the tracks of the Columbia, Newberry and Laurens railroads on the high ridge between the rivers. The town was named by combining the first two letters of the names of two railroad company men - C.J. Iredell and H.C. Moseley

'IRMO' in all caps is consistent with the way the name is displayed on every team uniform in the school.

goal
goal
Well all I can say is that NO ONE ELSE BUT YOU will refer to irmo that way when referring to IRedell/MOseley High School.

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
corner kick
corner kick
"I guess it will take a fight or someone getting hurt because of this. If you can't see the obvious setup for problems, then turn a blind eye."

hardtruth
Are you serious? Are you that narrow minded? You would think you were talking about someone waving a nazi or confederate flag. Seems to me you may have some serious anger issues to continue to on and on about how much this annoys you. Almost sounds like you're annoyed to the point that you're ready to fight. Doesn't sound like a very Christian response. Maybe the origin of your name is that it's hard for you to deal with the truth.

Goal
Goal
If I’m proud of my southern heritage, I can’t wave a confederate flag because I may offend someone, however If I’m offended by you waving a non-American flag, then screw you, live with it. Hmmm….doesn ‘t seem too diverse to me.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
H
kick off
kick off
H
Look Coach 'em...I do not and have not called anyone narrow-minded or an idiot. Some of the responses to me have been.
If you allow this harmless gesture of "flag-flying" you cannot say ANYTHING about ANYONE waving a Confederate flag, a Taliban flag, a Russian Sickle/Hammer flag. Ready to fight...you REALLY have missed the point. I am not your worry, but there will come a time that someone will be. If you don't believe that it incites people explain to me the things that we all hear yelled by fans.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Gotta give Props to NW and their team. Sure Alex, Dennis, and Ricky were great factors... but the entire team showed up and contributed to the victory... might I add, well coached too. Also, I do know Alex and was proud of him when he came over to the IRMO sidelines in front of the students to throw-in a ball with less than 5 minutes left... and with the crowd passionately roaring against him, he smiled and gave the thumbs-up and went about his business. Congrats also to IRMO for a good season.

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard