Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25
brace
OP Offline
brace
Good evening, afternoon, or morning wherever you are out in the world today. After a late evening and an early morning I am here live at Memorial Stadium watching some riveting girl's soccer state championships!!!

Up first we have Waccamaw vs Christ Church...

It's nothing but surfboards, soccer moms, and 2010 Chevy Tahoe's in the Capital City

Hot N Ready - 5 Minutes or less.
brace
OP Offline
brace
In early action we have seen just that...action but no reward. Tis like a Chuck Norris without a roundhouse kick...a Jerry Bruckheimer film sans the big explosion and funny 1 liners...an Oprah show minus the crying and eating...

I must digress...

The score nil-nil

brace
OP Offline
brace
I have been to the beach...lovely parish. Sad we gave you guys that 234 odd years ago. Count your blessings for Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger for you could still be speaking the Queen's proper tongue. I like you Waccamaw, I shall cheer for you. Was tired of seeing all those CESA magnets on the back of an 8mpg SUV anyway.

Oh, the on pitch action...lest we forget.

Waccamaw is making serious noise towards the CC goal. Been a pretty entertaining game to say the least. Still a 0-0 score line.

I must say that either my eyes are decieving me or Bishop Green is nowhere in sight.

Last edited by ESPN Soccernet Broadcast; 05/21/10 07:44 PM.
brace
OP Offline
brace
1-0 WARRIORS!!!!! Taylor Player off a break and smacks it in the back of the net...

The Warrior faithful, well-traveled I must say, are going over the moon right now. Even the Native American they brought with them looks happy to be off the reservation for a brief second. BACK TO THE BOTTLE LATER FOR SURE!!!!

The keeper for CC not doing them any favors though. I felt she should have come out for that and made the finish a bit more uncomfortable for Player....certainly a Player-esque finish however!!!

brace
OP Offline
brace
TAYLOR PLAYER - CAUSE SHE IS ONE STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!! SHE IS JUST UNSTOPPABLE RIGHT NOW AS SHE SLIPS BEHIND THE CC D AND SLAPS THE BACK OF THE NET!!! CLASS!!!

2-0 Warriors! Come on ye beach!!!!!

brace
OP Offline
brace
The Warriors have the proverbial feeling going on right now. They surely look to not only win this thing but dominate!!! Back to the action and Waccamaw nearly misses AGAIN! long shot effort this time that would have been a wonder strike...a kin to a Frank Lampard special (BLUE ALL THE WAY!!!)

brace
OP Offline
brace
6 minutes til half and your score is 2-0...it's been a midfield battle for a few but Waccamaw sets up for a an indirect kick but it comes to nothing....

brace
OP Offline
brace
3 minutes til half and the score is still 2-0. The Warriors are lookin good right now.

For 2A they are certainly a large side...and I don't mean that in a bad way. These girls are physically dominate...and they look HUNGRY!!

brace
OP Offline
brace
And that's the half in this 2A state final it's Waccamaw 2, Christ Church 0. 2nd half action coming up....as for myself, I will be out browsing for a future ex-Mrs. ESPN Soccernet Broadcaster. 10 minutes will be pleeeennnntttyyy of time.

Brace
Brace
Memorial Stadium, Columbia SC
May 21, 2010

AA/A Girls State Championship

Halftime Box Score - Waccamaw 2:0 Christ Church

Shots: W 13, CC 4.
Goals: W - Taylor Player (24', 27').
Assists: W - Stephanie Franza, Chandler Murphy.
Saves: W (Lunden Simpson) 3; CC (Katie Thomason) 8.
Corners: W 0, CC 0.
Offsides: W 1, CC 0.
Fouls: W 1, CC 5.
Cautions: None
Officials: Ralph Anderson (R); Kevin Lear (AR), Scott Mehle (AR), Mark Rennix (4th), Steve Abbott (5th), Barry Kemp (Timer).
Records: Waccamaw (17-3-0), Christ Church (16-6-1).

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard