C
Well done Wando!!!

L
Goal
Goal
L
Quote:

Quote:

Cannot believe no one has really said anything about the terrible PK call in the second half to give wando the lead. Absolutely miserable call, was shocking!!

The player was pushed down in the box. The foul wasn't bad enough to warrant a card, but still it was an obvious foul. I can understand that getting a PK from it may be a little much, but a foul is a foul. Overall, the ref stayed on players pretty well the entire match. Yes, there were some missed calls, but for that caliber of a match, I believe that they did their job well.

these things happen but it was not a foul. mauldin player had already won the ball, had possession and was between wando player and ball and then contact was made between wando & mauldin player. should have a been a no call. ref missed this one but it was a great game as was sa and riverside.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
letmeputittoyouthisway.....you got it right. A great game like this, a state championship game, you better make certain it is a penality - which I thought was not deserving. Great game, two great teams and two outstanding coaches. Congrats to both teams for putting on a great championship game.

corner kick
corner kick
I didn't think it was a penalty live and not after seeing it on video. That being said, if the shoe was on the other foot, we gladly would have taken the call.
These two teams played a total of 190 minutes of soccer against each other this year and the only thing separating them, is Wando takes better pk's. Obviously that's what gets the hardware. Congratulations to Wando and we hope to get back there and play you again.
Some of these opposing players become teammates today, as they prepare for PDA and Regionals. Good luck in Jersey next weekend.

Only time will tell
L
Goal
Goal
L
how is the mauldin player that went down late in ot play?

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Last year Wando had a pk not calle.. Ref's have to make decisions in an instant sometimes they miss some.. This only makes for a much anticipated rematch next season...

Congrats to both teams for the action fill game last-night

P
bench
bench
P
It was a great game, but after watching the video it is clearly obvious the mauldin defender had inside position and then poked the ball away, perfectly legal in my book. By far the worst call I have ever seen in all my years of soccer. When a PK is called the ref has to understand that chances are that PK is going to be scored. The PK call last night was not a foul anywhere on the field, much less in the box. It was a great game and both teams fought hard and played great, but im just blown away how this call is being downplayed

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
point made...point taken. can we move on?

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
I have to agree. The AAAA championship was a great game by both side. Those are amazing players on both teams. That game was pure entertainment from beginning to end.

And, unfortunately, that was also one of the weakest PK calls I've seen in a championship soccer match. It's debatable that it was even a foul. Much more was allowed throughout the game all over the pitch. A real gaff by the center ref in my opinion.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

These two teams played a total of 190 minutes of soccer against each other this year and the only thing separating them, is Wando takes better pk's. Obviously that's what gets the hardware.

Isn't it a shame that PKs are what takes the hardware. I read in the paper today that the Wando coach thinks so, and most parents and coaches I know agree with her.

Why not play until someone wins? Why not start dropping the number of players on the field down to 8, but play until someone wins, especially in a championship game. That way, not only does the talent win it on the field, but also, things like fitness and depth come into play to determine the better team.

And wouldn't that be way more fun!

Of course, we might still be watching the game

Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard