Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Not a disagreement, just a follow-up question:

In the cases where a club's primary objective, as you say, is to WIN...

What motivates a club to want to win?

In other words...

"It's important to recruit players and eliminate the competition because it helps us to win."

"It's important to win because..."

?

it brings in more money

Last edited by sandman; 05/29/10 07:40 PM.
G
bench
bench
G
why would a club force U-18 B & G to purchase new uniforms for one season(Fall) this is really piss poor for the Club. Not caring that $200+ is way too much to spend on uniforms for these kids only getting one season out of especially with all the money the parents have already put into the club

Last edited by gr8kicks; 06/01/10 01:32 AM.
world cup
world cup
gr8kicks,

Here is my advice for saving yourself some money on this transaction. Have your U-18 son or daughter pick an obscure jersey number (25 or higher). Keep the kit in decent condition over the five month season. Sell the kit next summer to a player who is new to the club in the Fall of 2011.

You should be able to get at least $100 for the jerseys, shorts and hoodie.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
Coach
Coach
C
We've used that system to keep people uniformed for a minimal cost for years. If a $60 kit will last for four seasons, then a $200-plus kit should last for...hmm, how's that math work again? Works great until the club decides to go with a completely different kit!

I've got good news and bad news...
G
bench
bench
G
We are getting new Uniforms this year U-18 should not be required to purchase a complete new set

Goal
Goal
Quote:

why would a club force U-18 B & G to purchase new uniforms for one season(Fall) this is really piss poor for the Club. Not caring that $200+ is way too much to spend on uniforms for these kids only getting one season out of especially with all the money the parents have already put into the club

What club?

Victory Starts Here!
world cup
world cup
Quote:

We are getting new Uniforms this year U-18 should not be required to purchase a complete new set

I know you are getting new uniforms this year, there are always going to be U-18's that end up on the front year of the 2-year cycle. UNIFORM, by definition, means everybody in the club wears the same thing. Follow my suggestion outlined above and try to get at least 50% of your money back next year.

Good luck.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
Coach
Coach
C
It's unfortunate, but like Hurst says, someone is going to get caught at the transition of the uniform cycle no matter what.

'Course, the club COULD say the U18 teams can use the kits they already own for their last season, and everyone U17 and below buys the new kits and moves up with them, getting at least two seasons out of them. We did that last year since all but a couple of players already had uniforms for their last season. That would only really work, though, if everyone on the U18 teams is a true U18...anyone playing up in age group would have to buy the new kit next year, probably with the same one-season use. Transition is going to catch someone.

Now, $200 for a uniform kit is another matter...and we wonder why so many people in America regard soccer as an "elite" sport.

G
bench
bench
G
That is what has happen in the past for the U-18's I know we have been with this club for sevearl years. I think it is alot to ask a parent to drop for One season no matter the level --Classic, Challenge, or Premier These kind of things are what hurt SC in keeping player involved

C
Coach
Coach
C
Goes back to that most basic principle of economics--the "value" of something is exactly what a sufficient number of people are willing to pay for it...no more, no less.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard