Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

why would a club force U-18 B & G to purchase new uniforms for one season(Fall) this is really piss poor for the Club. Not caring that $200+ is way too much to spend on uniforms for these kids only getting one season out of especially with all the money the parents have already put into the club

What club?

your a dumbass..... SCUFC south carolina united you chotch

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
G
kick off
kick off
G
The hard thing is, too, that most uniforms after 3 years are discontinued so people new to the team cannot get them. Hurst's post about selling after u18 sounds like the best idea. It sounds like you play CESA (as you listed classic, challenge, premier) and if so, they have a trade and sell page on the website in the upper right-hand corner under the "more" tab. Good luck.

Last edited by goalstop; 06/01/10 05:11 PM.
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

why would a club force U-18 B & G to purchase new uniforms for one season(Fall) this is really piss poor for the Club. Not caring that $200+ is way too much to spend on uniforms for these kids only getting one season out of especially with all the money the parents have already put into the club

What club?

your a dumbass..... SCUFC south carolina united you chotch

Not SCUFC if it is 200+. I just purchased one @ 175.00. Granted still expensive but it is what it is. I went through the same thing with my oldest at 18...no good answer to the situation but as those familiar with uniform cycles can attest it is the manufactures that set the cycle not the clubs (for the most part.)

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Yeah under armour is expensive!

C
bench
bench
C
the club at 250.00 is cesa

C
Coach
Coach
C
So, curious...what does $250 buy you, kit-wise?

I've got good news and bad news...
S
goal
goal
S
These same parents and kids that complain about the cost of uniforms have no problem dropping $200.00 dollars on a pair of designer jeans $200.00-$1,000.00 dollars on a purse and we wont even start on shoes. And do not say not my kid, your wife is being being less than honest when she tells you how much she paid for your daughters designer jeans. And yes there is always an exception out there.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Uniform costs is uniforms costs..It should not be a reflection of the club..I guess clubs could choose a cheaper kit and I'm sure some do..Our costs? Three shirts,shorts and socks..167 dollars

F
bench
bench
F
CESA kit is $212 and you get three shirts/pants/socks, and a hoodie. They are on a three year cycle for getting new kits.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
When we were forming we had several debates about uniform options. It does make a difference and was ranked highly by our original parents as something to manage responsibly.

I remember my son playing for an academy team and having so many pairs of shorts that at the end of a season he still had two colors unused in packets, and in a season of 8-10 games three shirts was probably overkill.

Two of us are English and so growing up we were used to the concept of team kit (in a bag). Basically the club (team) owns the strip and you just wear it for the game. Some unlucky parent gets the washing duties but no cost associated for the parents. This way the team just updates the uniform when it is literally falling apart. Now of course we polled our moms and soon found out that this would not have a hope of seeing light of day for some of our parents who would see this as 'hand me downs' or dirty. For the record, as a kid, I never had a problem with it. Oh the good old days playing on a hillside in Sussex with rain blowing sideways across the 18 yard box. Trust me when you're that wet and cold as a 12 year old, the last thing you are worrying about is the brand or style of your jersey.

Actually we did sneak this in for our away jerseys last season and our boys didn't care. They actually loved getting a different jersey to wear and we didn't ask the parents for a dime.

Now we all know today uniform manufacturers court clubs with good incentives and freebies to select a style or brand and like any incentive, I suspect the higher the cost of the kit(and scale), the larger the incentive so to answer your original question on this topic I would say decisions are guided with a financial motive to some degree or other. Now on the other hand, if you are running an elite program and want to offer only the best and parents expect latest, greatest, and best kit, you always have to pay for that quality of service and that may be appropriate based on club goals and priorities.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard