Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Talked to a coach from Virginia the other day..Two years are what they look at..And the players need to make contact with the coaches..Look at some of the rosters and where these players come from..So their plates are full with contacts and players wanting to play..If you don't make contact the coach will never show an interest..
This needs to be done by the players and not the parents..If you find yourself doing all the work..How bad does the child really want to play?
I am not saying to not help and support your child but the child has to show the interest more than the parents.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Back to the topic..It seems more think it is about the money but the numbers are closer than I thought they would be..
Here's one..
Why carry eighteen or more on most rosters?
Eleven on the field..seven on the bench and three or four that could not dress out..I understand competition but this looks more like dollars than sense to me..
Would not those two or three that do not play as much be better served playing on another team?

C
Coach
Coach
C
Depends on what the customer wants, CHT...do you want to pay for your child to be a member of a winning team and put that on a resume, or do you want to pay for your child to get to play, develop, gain on-the-field experience, and hopefully have fun being on the field come out a better player at the end of the season?

Certainly not saying you can't have both--many players do! But if you find yourself in the either-or situation, there's a choice to be made.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I don't think most accept positions on teams with the idea that their child is going to sit..That comes after the fact..I never said that the teams were winning teams so take that out of the equation..I just feel that carrying eighteen is a bit much for a coach to work in and out of games and scrimmages when you have some that sit more than others.I think the bottom three would be better served playing on another team and contributing..If a player is last to be picked and they will have to prove themselves for playing time..Why not share this with the player before committing to the team so the player can make an informed decision..

C
goal
goal
C
18 player roster seems a lot until you have a string of bad injuries.

Here I go again!
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard