T1. Alex Martinez, NW
4. Ryan Hurst, JL Mann
5. Deangelus Anderson, Batesburg-Leesville
6. Carlos Hernandez, Batesburg-Leesville
7. Robert DiBenedetto, Christ Church
8. Taylor Player, Waccamaw
9. Natalie Lackey, Riverside
10. Madison Lightbody, South Aiken

Coaches of the State Championship: Jason Mouzon, Batesburg-Leesville and Dom Wren, NW

On a side note Coach Wren outfit was great. You can go at it a lot of different ways; He was dressed for a funeral; He was dressed like a manager at the Champions League final; etc

Last edited by wakaflockamyers; 05/24/10 07:29 PM.
throw in
throw in
I agree with the first two, but I feel you're rather overestimating Alex's contribution.

Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
I don't know if it was just me but he made The Gatorade State Player of the Year look nonexistent. He controlled the midfield(along with Dobbins and Parks) to the point they were up 3-0 and then I believe they went to the 4-5-1 and then the Jackets began pressing NW d a little more. He draw a lot of attention from the bleach heads because they were fouling the piss out of him.

Kickoff
Kickoff
Yeah, no doubt Alex had an awesome game because he was playing from touch line to touch line and from box to box. Great discipline by him not to retaliate after getting bounced around all night. He really neutralized Lunceford to where I didn't even notice the Gatorade Player of the Year for probably an hour's worth of the match. Thought it was funny when he would get knocked down and the Irmo boys would say something to him and he would just smile. Totally dominated the midfield.

H
goal
goal
H
I guess you didn't observe the situation where the B-L keeper made 18 saves. He should be alone at the top of the list.

throw in
throw in
Of those of you who saw 'D' play for B-L on Sat.........would you say she was as good as the best ladies on the field Friday night? And I just wonder if any college women coaches were at Sat. game to take notice of her talent..........?

Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Quote:

I guess you didn't observe the situation where the B-L keeper made 18 saves. He should be alone at the top of the list.

Agreed! He would have been my vote for the North keeper in the North/South game.

F
bench
bench
F
One player each from Mann and Riverside?

H
goal
goal
H
Maybe next year.

T
kick off
kick off
T
I'd say throw Reid Grier in there for J.L. Mann, Hannah Allison for Riverside, and while your at it Emily Graves for South Aiken..

All amazing players, I'm not sure I could pick only 10. However I definitely agree with the first two, no doubt about those.

bench
bench
waka doesnt Irmo even get a small pity vote. i mean not all 11 were under whelming were they?

I don't tip because society says I have to.
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
No pity here! I will say that IMO Acree was the only one playing hard when they were down 3-0 with the hope they could come back.

bench
bench
I put Phil Savitz on the top of my list.

I don't tip because society says I have to.
B
throw in
throw in
B
None of the above. are you kidding? Number 9 for NW was a very dominating factor on the pitch. It seemed like alot of players were just running around everywhere on Friday and Saturday. SA lost its shape, both Friday and Saturday. NW kept their heads in the game.Seems like they stayed with game plan and relied on one another. I think that was a deciding factor in all the games. BL became rattled then calmed down and stayed focused. I believe same with Riverside and JL Mann.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Number 9 for NW is Ryan Foster. One of the more underrated players this season since he has been the starting keeper for the past 3 seasons. His ability to win the ball in the air did play a major factor in the championship.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Quote:

Number 9 for NW is Ryan Foster. One of the more underrated players this season since he has been the starting keeper for the past 3 seasons. His ability to win the ball in the air did play a major factor in the championship.

The ball that was cleared straight to him for an open net? I'd hope he would win, and finish that ball.

throw in
throw in
he's talking about winning headers all through out the game pinger over those disgusting blond mohawks i hope the boys enjoy havin blond hair for awhile so when people ask them why they did it they can say yeah we did for state playoffs and the other person will have to ask well if you did all that atleast you won right? but nay the irmo boys will have to say no we did this for nothing

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
I didn't know making it to the finals was considered nothing. NW is a talented, well coached team and that night they won but do not take anything away from a equally talented IRMO squad. This match could have easily been a different outcome any given day. Not trying to take anything away from NW though so don't get all pissy. Good luck next year.

T
bench
bench
T
I agree with HappyDaddy. Austin White's name has GOT to be in the top ten. Actually, it was 24 saves under 41 shots on goal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard