throw in
throw in
G
I hope they do something about the fields

Running with the big dogs
Go USC #138168 08/25/10 07:40 PM
throw in
throw in
The pitches (fields) in 2010 were very poor; only one field was moderately acceptable to play on. In addition, the allocation of the school teams to the fields should be completed by lottery, to prevent any possible bias.

As I was paying my entrance fee in March 2010, I mentioned the terrible state of fields to anyone who would listen; one person said it up to the local school district. Someone else said volunteers had been out working on them, presumably they were emptying loads of sand in the potholes.

It would take a brave referee to say they were unplayable at the actual time of the cup, but some sort of inspection should be completed in time to make alternative arrangements, if the fields are in the same state in 2011.

This was a well-attended event; surely, some money could be allocated from the takings to make the fields better and therefore improve the standard of the games and the enjoyment of the spectators and to prevent injury.

1977 #138169 08/30/10 11:02 AM
goal kick
goal kick
You would have thought the fields would have been in better shape last year because the tournament was cancelled the year before with few games being played.If they werent overseeded this summer with bermuda,the other option would be Winter rye this fall.So there is time to at least help the fields in the worst conditions.It is a tournament with the best high school teams in the state,it would only be fitting for the facilities to match the competition.

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
goal kick
goal kick
I wasnt knockin the facilities with my post,because the tournament is something I look for each year!!Everyone does a great job in set up and hosting!!Its topshelf for sure!!Its just with the crowd it attracts,a few of the fields do need attention.Im sure Spring Valley will do whatever it takes to be ready!!

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Back to the original question...here is the field.

Aiken
Airport
B-E
Blythewood
B-C
Chapin
Clover
Dorman
Dreher
DF
Eastside
FM
Greenville
HH
Irmo
JLM
Lexington
Mauldin
NA
RV
Riverside
SA
Spartanburg
Summerville
TLH
Waccamaw
Wando
WA
WF
White Knoll
Woodruff
Spring Valley

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Are there any teams commited yet?

I'd like to get our girls team from Academic Magnet in

The VOR

I'm guessing 1A schools aren't allowed since even though a 1A school was the 1A/2A state finalist the past two years, they can't get in. Anyone know what the basis of acceptance is?

scwame #138173 09/08/10 11:39 PM
Brace
Brace
I'm guessing 1A schools aren't allowed since even though a 1A school was the 1A/2A state finalist the past two years, they can't get in. Anyone know what the basis of acceptance is?

Good evening to you sir!!! Maybe the 1A school(s) didn't apply?

Talon #138174 09/09/10 02:12 AM
world cup
world cup
I've been going to the Viking Cup for the last 7 or 8 years and I think I saw a couple of Academic Magnet jerseys in the MacAllister's Deli, across the street from SV, a few years back.

Can anyone confirm this?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Hurst66 #138175 09/09/10 11:30 AM
corner kick
corner kick
CCES would love to participate. In years past, the Cup has been the same time as the school's Winter Break and 75% of the kids are gone...I mean really gone...for the Break. This year the timing changed and our participation was discussed but we were in a bit of a "waiting list" situation. I can only assume that didn't pan out, or hasn't to this point. But our willingness to participate has never been a question.

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
Hurst66 #138176 09/09/10 12:55 PM
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Hurst - You are correct that AMHS participated in past Viking Cups (last time was 2007 I think). I think VOR was hoping to get an invite this year, as AMHS will have a strong nucleus of Juniors and Sophomores that were instrumental in knocking BE out of the playoffs last year.

I am sure there are several teams that would like to participate in the Viking Cup that do not get invited. It is a great event and is an honor to participate in.

As a side note, it will be a wide open year this year in 2A/1A (BE, Waccamaw, CC, Woodruff, AMHS, Barnwell, Swansea, etc.). I do not think there will be a clear cut favorite.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Swansea would love to get in this year if possible.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
When is the Viking Cup

gbdawgs #138179 09/24/10 12:52 AM
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
March 3 - 6

B
bench
bench
B
Same Dates as ECNL San Antonio?

Boots #138181 09/27/10 11:18 AM
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
It will be interesting to see how this plays, with the ECNL event. Will anyone stand up to the Clubs and stay and play for their High School? After all, it is the High School season. Our family has decided, we will play for the High School. We were playing High School before ECNL was presented to us.

L
Goal
Goal
L
Post deleted by letmeputittooyouthisway

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
If the High School situation is not good for the player, they probably should just play for the Club. Not a good situation for players to abandon their teammates, team, coach and school.

L
Goal
Goal
L
Post deleted by letmeputittooyouthisway

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
No, I don't think so. It is a matter of personal choice and opinion.

T
kick off
kick off
T
You sound like this is a conspiracy by the clubs to keep players from HS soccer. Is this correct? LOL it is not like the whole club is leaving is it?

Most players have played club since they were little. HS soccer offers no advantage for those of College abilities, and any college coach will tell you that if there is another option, to play there. CESA offers this type of spring program and plays colleges. CSA is starting a spring team this year, likewise.

The injury rate for HS is very high compared to club. In CSA last spring, there were seven serious knee injuries requiring surgery to ECNL/Premier level players that were in their first year of HS. One player will never play again. The cause of these injuries is players of lesser ability trying to compete with the better players and can't. When the lesser player does not have the skills to compete injuries result. This will upset many of you but it is the truth so please don't start firing away. Anyone with a kid at the top level knows this. That is why parents with players of college ability pay the money to play on those teams.

Besides, since when did HS become a four year commitment? If HS is your thing then go have fun, for those kids that don't play HS soccer, leave them alone and let it go.

Last edited by titan762; 09/27/10 04:41 PM.
T
kick off
kick off
T
If your player is on an ECNL team and chooses HS game over an ECNL club game, rest assures you won't have that choice to make again, as her spot will be filled by someone else after the season. I can see where a few schools will be play JV at viking cup but it is what it is. As an ECNL parent, if I had players on my childs team that made the decision to play HS over ECNL club event, than I would be talking to the club as well.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
The injury rate for HS is very high compared to club. In CSA last spring, there were seven serious knee injuries requiring surgery to ECNL/Premier level players that were in their first year of HS.

Not certain I agree here. Do you have stats to back up? I know that the club team that I'm familiar with has had four season ending injuries this fall (two knees, one back, one leg break) compared to zero for the high school team last spring. I surmised that maybe the HS teams placed more emphasis on preseason conditioning and proper stretching as opposed to just showing up and playing as I see in club.

As for the original argument, if the club tourney is during HS season, then the player should play HS soccer. I don't think many club coaches are going to lose their HS players November 1-21 due to HS fall practice being allowed.

Warrior #138189 09/27/10 05:08 PM
J
corner kick
corner kick
J
But if they are playing ECNL, it is club season too...they overlap don't they? Now what? Sounds like players just need to make a choice to me....and the coaches (from both sides) need to support it.

Warrior #138190 09/27/10 05:28 PM
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

[As for the original argument, if the club tourney is during HS season, then the player should play HS soccer. I don't think many club coaches are going to lose their HS players November 1-21 due to HS fall practice being allowed.

Perhaps playing devil's advocate here--and bear in mind, I am a high school coach in one of my roles...I'm not sure if that's a good comparison. When weighing the benefit to the players vs. liabilities to the team, missing a fall HS practice in order to play matches and tournaments during club season seems to be a lot easier call than missing an ECNL tourney in favor of a HS tourney...apples and oranges in the first case, but a lot of factors to consider in the second.

I've got good news and bad news...
Warrior #138191 09/27/10 05:35 PM
T
kick off
kick off
T
It is too bad that these girls got hurt, I hope none seriously. Are you referring to NC or SC? I have my personal observations. If you want to prove me wrong, than you put together the STATS! From your comments you obviously are not playing at a high level or in a professionally run training environment it the girls are just showing up and playing.
To frame this discussion, it does not even involve those who do not have ECNL/HS conflict. If you don't have an ECNL player then you have no way of knowing what the commitments are. If you were in ECNL you would know that the commitment that you sign in June is for a full year of, yes this is correct, of 13 months. Teams are picked in June because that is the established time, but ECNL will play through the following July. Regular club is completed in December. I would be careful about surmising because it would be a mistake for you to do so.

T
kick off
kick off
T
ECNL teams play in region 3 and in ECNL regional and national. They don't play in any state league games other than State Cup. After this year ECNL teams will no longer play in State Cups either.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I would be careful about surmising because it would be a mistake for you to do so.

HaHa! Get a grip! It's just youth soccer big guy.

Warrior #138194 09/27/10 05:49 PM
T
kick off
kick off
T
It is a LOL! grip is just fine, thank you. How is yours? You "surmised" so choose different words when you post responses. I just get a kick out of anyone who thinks that HS and ECNL are an equal choice. It is just youth soccer, so why is this discussion even taking place. Wish the players who are going to San Antonio well and get on with it.

Last edited by titan762; 09/27/10 06:01 PM.
Warrior #138195 09/27/10 05:53 PM
T
kick off
kick off
T
Where you from Hatch?

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
It is truly amazing that whenever anyone questions, or does not follow the directives of a Club, it is a "conspiracy".

The unfortunate situation of all of this, as I have had children playing high school for the past 9 years, and we have played Club since prior to the 1st grade (at levels up to and including Premier) is that up until the last couple of years Club and High School could easily co-exist as there were few, if any schedule conflicts. Now there are scheduling conflicts and it will only get worse. Yes, I do think if most Clubs had there way, the kids would not play high school. And I think it is headed this way.

Of course the Club will win out, as they have most people convinced they have to do these events to get a college offer. Of course, again (as seen on these posts) what is the offer, where is the offer, etc., etc...

Warrior #138197 10/05/10 09:54 PM
S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

The injury rate for HS is very high compared to club. In CSA last spring, there were seven serious knee injuries requiring surgery to ECNL/Premier level players that were in their first year of HS.

Maybe this can be another thread. Does anyone have any data on this. I suspect it depends on the high school team. One that is filled with premier/ECNL players may not have a difference in injury rates because there isn't a standout. A team with a few premier/ECNL players I would surmise and on history those players get targeted by other teams and have a greater likelyhood of being injured. There are only a few high school teams filled with club players whereas there are a lot of high school teams with only a few premier players so maybe that is why it seems high schools have a greater injury rate.

scwame #138198 10/06/10 02:43 AM
goal kick
goal kick
so whats your point scwame??IM SURE ITS SOME KINDA BS SUPPORTING YOUR VIEWS ON cesa??maybe you and titan can blog together and share thoughts on how wonderful the king and his harem are!!Ive read many of your posts and what you say in them is far from the way you act(along with your husband)on the sideline!!Christ Church isnt going to viking cup and even if they did your daughter will be playing at ecnl.If you want to comment about that do it on the club forum.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Wow! Ought to be an interesting match tonight. Might be more action on the sidelines than on the field.

T
kick off
kick off
T
Don't include me in your personal problem with this other family, and I will comment where I like. Facts are facts, they don't have an opinion. Just because you don't like the facts doesn't change them. The facts are that in High school the level of play varies greatly through no fault of the kids or the coaches. This leads to inferior players playing in a dangerous way to compete with better players and better teams and exposes all players to greater risk. If you want to blame someone then blame us parents as they are the ones who chose to live in an area that is not supported by the better clubs. I know every time I got reassigned or transferred, finding quality Soccer for my daughter was at the top of the list. Yes, fella, like it or not you are to blame.
I have never touted CESA's horn as I don't have the first hand experience to do so. I can only speak about the club my daughter plays for. I do know plenty of players in our community that travel to play at CESA and they have a good experience, and speak highly of the club.
In HS, the level of play difference is very evident at tournaments like the "Viking Cup". You have all the elements for injury: highly charged environment, great differences in player and team skills, very poor fields, and very poor officiating. To make matter worse if you are successful, you play 5-6 games in 48 hours. This is too much, and the diminished level of pace and play on Sunday shows this every year.

On a friendly note Since you are a transplant, where are you transplanted from? We moved here a few years ago ourselves. Remember this is only for fun.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Why do the list of teams that play in the viking cup change very little from year to year? Yes..There are the strong teams that compete but there are teams that have not had much success in the cup..Should a team be "in" just because they always play in the cup?

world cup
world cup
cht,

I don't think it has anything to do with the amount of success you have "in the cup". It has to do with how much success you have during your season. Each year Coach Lea looks to fill the 32-team field with the best teams in the state.

It's merit-based according to how well your team did the previous year.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Hurst66 #138203 11/18/10 09:20 AM
D
Goal
Goal
D
So are these 2011 brackets firm or still somewhat tentative?

http://www.southcarolinaunitedfc.com/hstournaments/vikingcup/index_E.html

F
goal
goal
F
To say the Viking Cup is merit based cannot be taken as entirely true. Nor could one say that the 32 best teams in the state attend.

The Viking Cup is the premier high school tournament for girls in South Carolina. Most of the top teams attend because it offers them good competition and a nice, large tourney atmosphere.

Some teams attend year in, year out and have neither the regular season record to back up their selection, nor the tournament record to back up a repeated invitation.

Is there anything crooked about this... probably not. Sometimes the coach of a mediocre team wants to go to a top level tournament for good reasons (to show his girls what that level of play requires, for the experience of tough competition before season play begins, to say he got to go to the Viking Cup). In the end, all of those reasons are justifiable.

Some teams get, or have gotten, repeated invites to the Viking Cup namely because it's probably difficult for one coach to peruse the records of countless teams, create a merit system based on quantitative statistics, and then call a coach he's known for 14 years and tell him, "Sorry bud, but we can let you come this year." Is this the good old boy system that the South is reknown for? Maybe, but again, probably not. It's just easier to let some teams that aren't top level squads continue to attend until their coach sees the writing on the wall.

Some teams also get to attend for the first time ever, pull an upset or tie a top squad, and thus create an interesting storyline for the season ahead.

The Viking Cup is not crooked. It is not perfect. It is the most prestigious girls high school soccer tournament in the state of South Carolina. Is it the BEST? That is debatable.

So, to answer a question posted earlier, should a team be "in" just because they previously attended the cup? No. Has this happened before? Yes. Does this mean the system is hugely flawed? No. Will the world continue spinning on its axis? Yes. Is the Viking Cup still a quality tournament that draws the interest of top teams year in, year out? Yes.

I
goal
goal
I
Overall it looks like a good field. Top to bottom delta is pretty big, though.

G
throw in
throw in
G
Quote:

After this year ECNL teams will no longer play in State Cups either.

This will be real interesting. When these ECNL teams quit playing for state titles they will lose there chance to play for a real national championship. A lot of clubs are using ECNL, as it probably should be used, to put there top teams in Region III and there challege teams in ECNL to get them into better tournaments where they would not qualify otherwise. SC Soccer knows it can not compete in region III on a consistent basis, so some of these coaches may think they compete better in ECNL. Well that has not happened either. Next year all of the CESA ECNL teams will be playing in the 2nd division and will, from day one, have no chance for a ECNL championship. And those girls will not have a state championship anymore either in club. And I guess they will not be playing HS so a lot of those girls will not even get a chance for a High School State title. So I guess it is bye bye to any type of title for the CESA girls. Lets see how many years this last. Oh and the CESA coahces do not want them playing any ODP either. So the ECNL teams will be playing other club's Challege level teams. Bottom line 99% of the girls in SC Club soccer stay with in a three state area to play college soccer. If they even decide to continue in college. None of them will make a living playing Soccer. Maybe coaching but not playing. they will go on to be teachers, mothers, doctors, lawyers, and other professional careers. So maybe staying here in SC for the Viking cup and not going to TX to play in an 2nd division level ECNL event is not such a big deal. The top players in the state are already well known by college coaches with or without ECNL.

Running with the big dogs
Go USC #138207 11/22/10 06:21 PM
F
goal
goal
F
It's sad that club has gotten so complicated.

The US needs to focus on improving in soccer, but I doubt adding more leagues and tiers to youth club soccer is truly benefitting these kids.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Just heard about a major injury to a very good player while playing one of the "high level" Premier League matches out out at Mesa. Her team, an ECL team as well.

Unfortunately injuries can occur at any time at both Club and High School level play. Really a shame, as this young lady is wrapping up her final year of Club and High School play.

I wish her a speedy recovery and all the best in her future endeavors.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Below is a list of this year’s Viking Cup teams along with their ranking in the 2010 final Massey ratings. The 2011 Viking Cup features all of last season’s top 10 teams and 18 of the top 20. All 32 of the 2011 Viking Cup teams were in the top 50 of the 2010 final Massey ratings.

Aiken - 39
Airport - 45
Blythewood - 18
Brookland-Cayce – 17
Byrnes - 48
Chapin - 34
Clover - 7
Dorman - 3
Dreher - 35
Dutch Fork - 14
Eastside - 15
Fort Mill - 8
Greenville - 19
Hilton Head - 20
Irmo - 24
JL Mann - 23
Lexington - 11
Mauldin - 2
N. Augusta – 50
Northwestern - 49
Ridge View - 28
Riverside - 4
S. Aiken - 6
Spring Valley - 10
Summerville - 30
TL Hanna - 9
Waccamaw - 5
Wando - 1
W. Ashley - 28
W. Florence - 29
White Knoll - 16
Woodruff – 25

Coach P #138210 12/06/10 04:38 PM
world cup
world cup
What teams were ranked 12th and 13th last year?

Hurst66 #138211 12/06/10 05:05 PM
hat-trick
hat-trick
Pinewood Prep(12) and Spartanburg(13).

Coach P #138212 12/06/10 05:08 PM
world cup
world cup
Are these two teams participating in two other tournaments?

Hurst66 #138213 12/06/10 05:33 PM
hat-trick
hat-trick
I don't know other than what I've seen posted: Pinewood Prep in the Bearcat Invitational and Spartanburg in the Green Wave Cup.

Coach P #138214 12/06/10 05:53 PM
J
corner kick
corner kick
J
Spartanburg is coming to the Green Wave Cup.

L
Goal
Goal
L
Viking Cup is a top-notch tournament and probably the best run anywhere. Coach Lee and his staff do a great job putting it on.

The only 1 negative is; field conditions have gotten worse the past couple of years.

world cup
world cup
.....and I would prefer three referees over two.

Hurst66 #138217 12/07/10 01:10 PM
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

.....and I would prefer three referees over two.

$$$$

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Hurst, I bet you like the group D draw

Not my fight anymore, but I thought I was looking at last year's draw for group C...it appears Clover, Blythewood, Hanna, and Riverside are tied at the hip!

Quote:

So are these 2011 brackets firm or still somewhat tentative?

http://www.southcarolinaunitedfc.com/hstournaments/vikingcup/index_E.html

CJ #138219 01/06/11 12:58 AM
world cup
world cup
Dutch Fork and Eastside would be the favorites to come out of Group D.

Hurst66 #138220 01/07/11 01:42 PM
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
there is a chance that Mann would have to beat Wando, irmo, south Aiken, riverside and Mauldin to go all the way.Scary

world cup
world cup
Bataan death march was easier than that!

Hurst66 #138222 01/07/11 04:23 PM
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
although half the strong teams will be missing players because of ECNL. Could be a watered down Viking Cup.

brace
brace
Should make for some balanced play then. I would expect some great games between teams that might be otherwise more unbalanced! How hard will some of the underdogs push if they think this is the chance to upset the Top teams!

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Anybody have any idea how many "probable non players" on each team will not play in Viking due to the ECNL conflict?

I believe Mann could have quite a few, as well as Mauldin, Wando a couple...

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
There will be enough players missing that you will not be able to get any gage on how good the high school teams participating really are. If the high school player also plays for a CESA premier team u17 and under they will be out of state at an ECNL event. Teams in the upstate that will take a big hit are Riverside, Mauldin and JL Mann.

gbdawgs #138226 01/09/11 03:49 PM
Goal
Goal
Out of 32 teams competing in the tournament, I don't know if that is totally accurate gbdawgs. Can we get a list of players competing in the ECNL event along with what schools that they attend? Does this effect Irmo, Dutch Fork, Spring Valley, Lexington, etc.?

Victory Starts Here!
202677 #138227 01/09/11 11:18 PM
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
not familiar with the players in the midlands or the coast,just familiar with the upstate teams.the three schools i mentioned will be taking a big hit with the players that won't be there because of ECNL.

gbdawgs #138228 01/10/11 09:48 AM
D
Goal
Goal
D
At least one upstate team (possibly two) other than the three you mentioned will be short a starting goalkeeper.

Last edited by DeltaDog; 01/10/11 10:46 AM.
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Hanna will be missing two and Riverside FOUR.

Quote:

Anybody have any idea how many "probable non players" on each team will not play in Viking due to the ECNL conflict?

I believe Mann could have quite a few, as well as Mauldin, Wando a couple...

CJ #138230 01/10/11 04:35 PM
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Mann would be missing 6 if they go. 4 would be freshman though.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
6, OUCH! That will make a difference. If their premier players it doesn't matter what grade their in.I'm sure all 6 would be starters on Mann. We went all the way to the state final one year with 4 freshman starters. i don't think we would of gone that far without them.

gbdawgs #138232 01/10/11 05:09 PM
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
How many will Mauldin be missing. It has to be atleast 3 or 4.

gbdawgs #138233 01/10/11 09:40 PM
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Greenville minus 4. Great opportunity for the non-ECNL players to stand out in front of coaches who might be on the All-State committee later...

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
That's what I like about you coach...always looking for the positive in every situation.

Quote:

Greenville minus 4. Great opportunity for the non-ECNL players to stand out in front of coaches who might be on the All-State committee later...

brace
brace
Gotta think that this will also be the chance for some bubble JV (almost V) players and undrerclassmen (or women in this case ) to get some playing time to prove themselves to the coaches.

202677 #138236 01/15/11 10:23 PM
A
bench
bench
A
I know of a number of girls that will be missing from quite a variety of schools, but most posts have covered these schools already. One that has not been covered though is South Aiken. While only one player (Graves) will be missing, I feel as if she is the key to South Aiken's play altogether. Should be interesting. Best of luck to wherever these girls decide to travel to.

bench
bench
I believe Clover will be missing 2

2013DAD #138238 03/03/11 08:27 PM
world cup
world cup

Hurst66 #138239 03/04/11 03:24 AM
Goal
Goal
Gerald Simpson might be the worst official ever! He's got the rabbit ears that all officials are warned of growing. More reason for three-officials in a tournament of this caliber at the Viking Cup.

Victory Starts Here!
202677 #138240 03/04/11 02:16 PM
G
bench
bench
G
When did this become a thread about officials? We know that most HS officials are bad anyways, so why point one doofus out?

C
Goal
Goal
C
What is the admission cost if you wanted to see a match or two?

goal kick
goal kick
5 dollars per game or a 3 day pass for 15

202677 #138243 03/07/11 01:38 AM
L
bench
bench
L
I would say Mann had the worst ref of the tournament in their second match when it went to pk's and the ref didn't allow a goal bc it hit the post then the keeper before hitting the back of the net. He claimed it was no goal because the post changed the "forward motion". WTH?

goal kick
goal kick
Post deleted by transplant

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
I need to know the ruling on that since it may come up in an important game this season. Ref said once the ball struck the front of the side post it becomes dead except during a game. I don't know how it can hit the front and still go in unless the goalie really helped it alot but it happened so fast I couldn't tell.

Last edited by patriot; 03/07/11 01:13 PM.
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Congratulations to Maria Tremarelli, Hilton Head goalkeeper. She received the Ashley Nicole Dent Memorial Scholarship.

http://www.thestate.com/2011/03/07/1726147/taco-bell-viking-cup-seahawks.html#

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
She made an awesome save. Broke our back.....

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Nice article. Have we ever seen a sports page write up like that for a Club match. Nah....

gbdawgs #138249 03/07/11 07:17 PM
L
Goal
Goal
L
i've seen plenty of articles on club players/matches/tournaments and some that have photos too. also, have seen club matches on TV.

why all the hating on club ball?

C
Kickoff
Kickoff
C
Always a pleasure to be at The Viking Cup. A well run tournament, run by people who appear to enjoy being there.
Fields in much better shape this year as well.

Thanks to all involved in The Viking Cup.

gbdawgs #138251 03/08/11 03:06 AM
R
bench
bench
R
Quote:

Nice article. Have we ever seen a sports page write up like that for a Club match. Nah....

Good point!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard