Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
kick off
kick off
T
You sound like this is a conspiracy by the clubs to keep players from HS soccer. Is this correct? LOL it is not like the whole club is leaving is it?

Most players have played club since they were little. HS soccer offers no advantage for those of College abilities, and any college coach will tell you that if there is another option, to play there. CESA offers this type of spring program and plays colleges. CSA is starting a spring team this year, likewise.

The injury rate for HS is very high compared to club. In CSA last spring, there were seven serious knee injuries requiring surgery to ECNL/Premier level players that were in their first year of HS. One player will never play again. The cause of these injuries is players of lesser ability trying to compete with the better players and can't. When the lesser player does not have the skills to compete injuries result. This will upset many of you but it is the truth so please don't start firing away. Anyone with a kid at the top level knows this. That is why parents with players of college ability pay the money to play on those teams.

Besides, since when did HS become a four year commitment? If HS is your thing then go have fun, for those kids that don't play HS soccer, leave them alone and let it go.

Last edited by titan762; 09/27/10 04:41 PM.
T
kick off
kick off
T
If your player is on an ECNL team and chooses HS game over an ECNL club game, rest assures you won't have that choice to make again, as her spot will be filled by someone else after the season. I can see where a few schools will be play JV at viking cup but it is what it is. As an ECNL parent, if I had players on my childs team that made the decision to play HS over ECNL club event, than I would be talking to the club as well.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
The injury rate for HS is very high compared to club. In CSA last spring, there were seven serious knee injuries requiring surgery to ECNL/Premier level players that were in their first year of HS.

Not certain I agree here. Do you have stats to back up? I know that the club team that I'm familiar with has had four season ending injuries this fall (two knees, one back, one leg break) compared to zero for the high school team last spring. I surmised that maybe the HS teams placed more emphasis on preseason conditioning and proper stretching as opposed to just showing up and playing as I see in club.

As for the original argument, if the club tourney is during HS season, then the player should play HS soccer. I don't think many club coaches are going to lose their HS players November 1-21 due to HS fall practice being allowed.

Warrior #138189 09/27/10 05:08 PM
J
corner kick
corner kick
J
But if they are playing ECNL, it is club season too...they overlap don't they? Now what? Sounds like players just need to make a choice to me....and the coaches (from both sides) need to support it.

Warrior #138190 09/27/10 05:28 PM
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

[As for the original argument, if the club tourney is during HS season, then the player should play HS soccer. I don't think many club coaches are going to lose their HS players November 1-21 due to HS fall practice being allowed.

Perhaps playing devil's advocate here--and bear in mind, I am a high school coach in one of my roles...I'm not sure if that's a good comparison. When weighing the benefit to the players vs. liabilities to the team, missing a fall HS practice in order to play matches and tournaments during club season seems to be a lot easier call than missing an ECNL tourney in favor of a HS tourney...apples and oranges in the first case, but a lot of factors to consider in the second.

I've got good news and bad news...
Warrior #138191 09/27/10 05:35 PM
T
kick off
kick off
T
It is too bad that these girls got hurt, I hope none seriously. Are you referring to NC or SC? I have my personal observations. If you want to prove me wrong, than you put together the STATS! From your comments you obviously are not playing at a high level or in a professionally run training environment it the girls are just showing up and playing.
To frame this discussion, it does not even involve those who do not have ECNL/HS conflict. If you don't have an ECNL player then you have no way of knowing what the commitments are. If you were in ECNL you would know that the commitment that you sign in June is for a full year of, yes this is correct, of 13 months. Teams are picked in June because that is the established time, but ECNL will play through the following July. Regular club is completed in December. I would be careful about surmising because it would be a mistake for you to do so.

T
kick off
kick off
T
ECNL teams play in region 3 and in ECNL regional and national. They don't play in any state league games other than State Cup. After this year ECNL teams will no longer play in State Cups either.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I would be careful about surmising because it would be a mistake for you to do so.

HaHa! Get a grip! It's just youth soccer big guy.

Warrior #138194 09/27/10 05:49 PM
T
kick off
kick off
T
It is a LOL! grip is just fine, thank you. How is yours? You "surmised" so choose different words when you post responses. I just get a kick out of anyone who thinks that HS and ECNL are an equal choice. It is just youth soccer, so why is this discussion even taking place. Wish the players who are going to San Antonio well and get on with it.

Last edited by titan762; 09/27/10 06:01 PM.
Warrior #138195 09/27/10 05:53 PM
T
kick off
kick off
T
Where you from Hatch?

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard