Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
For my last post till high school when the smack talk begins I would like to end on a positive note. For anyone thinking of playing club and your a child has a passion for the game. Do it. Would not trade the last 8 years for anything. The cities, the people and friendships that were formed, screaming at the refs, not being asked to drive a van(inside joke), arguing which team played dirtier. Its all good. My daughter enjoyed playing for all the different coaches and they have always been fair to her. Once you get past selection time its great. I will miss watching her play
as well as some of the other kids. I guess the late lesson learned would be don't be the parent who causes your child not to make a team. Fight for her but in the end its her decision. if you think soccer parents are passionate try coaching little league baseball. I don't think I'm allowed back on the field to this day. Allstar selecton puts soccer team slections to shame. Never knew there was so many Hank Aarons out there until I was informed by the parents.

S
goal
goal
S
Patriot:
the smack talk starts the minute you roll into FL to play PV and Boca, buckle your chin strap and hang on, you ain't seen nothing yet.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Well said Patriot. With all the CESA U18 dirty laundary that has been posted and not to scare away any new members, I'd like to give some positive things. Gdawgs is not 100% right on the scholarships. There are several girls on the team who have fully recouped their cost at CESA on scholarships and the coaches were helpful in the process, you just had to ask. CESA has held college showcases open to all SC athletes in hopes of bringing visibility to SC. CESA just had a team training camp for four days at the cost of a mere $100 with college coaches from Florida State, Furman, Wofford, Clemson, etc. doing training sessions giving premier players down to classic players exposure to college soccer. CESA has developed some top notch playing fields at two locations which are a credit to Greenville and helps bring money into the area with being able to host some big tournaments. CESA brought in the National Mexican team last year and the South Korean national team which provided exposure to the kids they likely would have never gotten without the contacts/relations of the club. They do a drive to collect and send different items like old cleats to underprivledge areas. Soccer training fees scholarships are available to not only premier players but classic players. They bring an experienced medical trainer to tournaments to insure proper care of their athletes. Their athletes/teams are starting to get recognition on a national scale. So like every club there are negatives but there are also a lot of positives which don't seem to make the forums.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

Patriot:
the smack talk starts the minute you roll into FL to play PV and Boca, buckle your chin strap and hang on, you ain't seen nothing yet.

sincere advice... get the iPOD for Boca.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Sorry Scwame, even though this thread has nothing to do about scholarships and more about the financial beating you can take from a club like CESA. Give us some examples of what the 15 players for the CESA u18 got. I didn't know players and parents discussed what their child received in the form of scholarships. We all know though that there are only 12 scholarships available for a college team of 25-30 players, so explain.
And it's not dirty laundry, it's the truth finally coming out about CESA and how their staff treats it's members. You should know this more than anyone.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Don't know where the 12 scholarships for 25-30 players comes from. My understanding is the NCAA limits the amount of scholarship money per school to the equivalent of 14.9 full scholarships regardless of roster size. That given, the actual amount available is still dependent upon what the school can afford to offer the team for its budget. Can someone clarify?

H
goal
goal
H
Women's D1 12 D2 9.9
Men's D1 9.9 D2 9

Those are the maximum numbers of "equivalent" full soccer scholarships per year, per program, allowed by the NCAA. A given school may fund all or part of that maximum number.

The available scholarships can be divided among the players however the school wishes, but the maximum equivalent number can't be exceeded. So, for example, a school could give 12 ladies a full ride, 18 a 2/3 ride, 24 a half ride, or any other variation it wants.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
This paragraph was taken from "College Sports Scholarships"

"Not all athletic scholarships are full ride like football and basketball, so called "head count sports"; most are classed as "equivalency sports', like soccer. Put simply this means that coaches can" share" their allocation between a larger number of players.

This is good news for the players. If we take women's soccer as an example we see that a coach can divide the "12" scholarships between a larger number of soccer players. Say 25 partial scholarships instead of 12 full ride.

The NCAA allows each division 1 soccer program 9.9 scholarships for men and 12 for women. In division 2 the ratio is 9 for men and 9.9 for women. If you are good enough of course then a full ride soccer scholarship is always on the cards."

D
Goal
Goal
D
thanks for the clarification.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Sweet, that doesn't hold a candle for any of these girls compared to playing for their high school, beating their arch rivals, winning their region, making the playoffs, playing for State, winning State. Doesn't come close, just ask any who have experienced any of those elements.Playing before their peers, teachers, parents and friends- representing their school.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard