Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
W
bench
bench
W
Clark - the premier teams always play with "restrictions" when playing the challenge teams. They use this time to do things like play only with their weak foot, required to make a certain number of passes, score only on crosses/headers/etc. The goal is not to "win" but continue development in a scrimmage situation. Hopefully the goal is that all teams get something out of the scrimmage.

Having played premier league, size does matter. The speed of play and physical nature of the game is definitely increased at the next level.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

What's up with all the U-18 girls not returning to CESA? Losing some 25 girls from your normal pool of players seems a bit odd. Some of these players have been playing club soccer since the 1st grade. Anyone heard anything?

I think two more players have dropped off the CESA u-18 team. That makes seven players that I know of not returning for various reasons. One of the players was not aware of the total cost to her parents and when she found out swayed her to not return this year. Premier level soccer takes a big committment on both the parents and players part. I just think it might be getting a little much. That brings the total pool of CESA u18 girls (Premier,Challenge, and Classic) to 19. They are supposely going to play Premier league, Challenge League, and the ECNL League. Wow.... that will be a lot of soccer for some of the players.

That there is an RV Clark......
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
They are down to 19?

How are 19 players going to play in three leagues?

Better get out the credit cards, lots of travel in their future.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
How many players do you have to have rostered from the previous year to stay in R3 premier league?

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
I think you must return 60%. I think they had 15 last season, so it would take 9 returnees, if my numbers are correct.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Just looked up the eligibilty rule. Its 50%. 1 more player walks, their ineligible or would have to petition to stay in. Sounds like they need to keep every U18 parent and player "real happy".

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
gbdawgs, Bomber and Hobo

Couldn't you guys just call each other on the phone? Wouldn't that be easier? I mean, you know each other. You've spent plenty of time together.

goal kick
goal kick
hey harry did you go to cesa and ask about the costs this year for elite 15,16 ,or 17s this year??

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Can't afford the long distance to call them. Got to pay CESA.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Wow. Appreciate all the concern for CESA from outsiders.
My daughter will be playing for CESA U18 premier this year
and the kids who are staying like each other and play well
together and it showed in Seattle. I feel a turnover this year was needed and if it means we don't play premier league
this year so be it. Lots of soccer tournaments around who will take our money. Its not who we play its that we play. I can't imagine we are the only club in the US who has a hard time keeping the U18's together. We would have had two teams this year but some girls who did not make premier took their balls and ran to another club. Such is the life
of athletics in clubs and high schools. Chemistry is the key to success for teams and its hard to find sometimes. If premier league turns us down its their financial loss and my checkbook gain.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard