Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
D
Goal
Goal
D
OMG! Three leagues? THREE leagues?

Wait a minute, that's about the same number of games played in the Spring with High School and a couple of tournaments thrown in. All within driving distance (no airfare), and except for tournaments only 2 games a weekend. During High School, if players participate in CESA CAP at some point the kids have been known to end up playing as many as 10 games in eleven days.

The biggest problem I see with playing both Premier and Challenge leagues is the team will spend about 4-5 weeks playing in-state, then venture back into the Premier world to be re-awakened by Charlotte and CASL. Never a good formula for success.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

as a parent on the sidelines its hard to listen to the complaining every game. Tend to get sucked into it.

Buy an iPOD. Enjoy the game.

R
throw in
throw in
R
DD, you're right. Just heard about their schedule: two premier league dates to jacksonville, two ecnl events in raleigh and florida, and one tournament in greensboro.
I also think it's wrong to say college scholorships are no big deal. They are in fact a very big deal to the kids,both boys and girls regardless of club affiliation, and they take pride in them as they should. To somehow diminish these kids accomplishments is BS.

D
Goal
Goal
D
And, one more thing. My daughter is one of the returning members of that team, and she worked her rear end off in battles with those players who left to earn the respect of those other teams in R3PLE and the right to continue playing there. As a teenager with text messaging I'm sure she knows more about the decisions the exiting players made than any of us posting on this site. Make no mistake she would still step on any field any time to play with them again. She considered it an honor to play with them. I've known most of those kids since they were U-8, and coached several of them. I would NEVER question their committment to the GAME or to their teammates, and to question the talent they brought to the field would be ludicrous.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Dog, How much is all of this commitment costing you a month? Or should I say how much did they tell you at the meeting last month, and what's the price tag up to today.
Also, now it's 3 leagues, CAP and HS. And who on that team was committed to CAP???? CESA was pulling teeth last year to get the current u18 girls to attend CAP. Honestly can't think of any current u-18's that participated in CAP last year. CESA is also the club that told you that your daughter wouldn't have to play ECNL at u18, did you forget? CESA's also the club that was trying to chase down an extra $3000 from the team at the end of this past year,$200 per player (didn't see that in the budget). There also the club that was trying to chase down coaches fees for regionals( didn't see that in the budget). Dog, do you see a trend here? How many of these commitments do you want to keep paying for. Dog, How much can you take?

G
throw in
throw in
G
Bottom line is that some of these players will only play Premier. Some will play Premier and Challenge/ECNL or Challenge and ECNL. Some will play all three. Some will be forced or encouraged to do more than they want, some will refuse. For the one's that can afford it and make the committment to do all three and STAY HEALTH, they will be better for it. For those that don't stay health... well it will suck. They all have choices. Some have already made their choice and some are going into this with good attitudes and some not so good. Good luck to all the girls.

Running with the big dogs
R
throw in
throw in
R
dawgs,
for someone that said earlier in their posts that u had a granddaughter trying out for this team u sure do know a lot about the inner workings. i'm beginning to think that maybe you aren't who you say you are dawgs. You need to start getting your facts straight dawgs. CESA was told by ECNL last year that there would be no U18. ECNL changed that, not CESA. And the "league" they are in this year would be two tournaments- that is pretty customary anyway. Obviously dawgs you really hate cesa, we all get that. But why you're trying to tear down the group of girls that are on this team year is beyond me. Sorry it didn't work out for your "granddaughter" though.
Dog, you're right though. This team accomplished a lot last year gaining some respect.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Raek: Exactly what sentence that I posted rips any girls on the team. "NONE". At least try to get the facts straight. But your right I can't stand clubs or companies that are not upfront with their customers. Do you enjoy dishonesty? Sounds like you might be on the CESA payroll.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

Dog, How much is all of this commitment costing you a month? Or should I say how much did they tell you at the meeting last month, and what's the price tag up to today.

Lost track right about the time I went into the red, but I figure the remainder of the Fall will run around $300-$375 total per month including hotels. Fortunately, I have relatives in Jacksonville and lots of hotel points. Are the club costs this year significantly higher than last year? Absolutely, especially considering we didn't have to pay training fees last year if we played ECNL, and this year we do. And uniforms, etc. But, I'm not flying to Houston or New Jersey.

Quote:

Also, now it's 3 leagues, CAP and HS. And who on that team was committed to CAP???? CESA was pulling teeth last year to get the current u18 girls to attend CAP. Honestly can't think of any current u-18's that participated in CAP last year.

At least a couple I know of from the Premier team did participate. They were also training for ODP at that time as well. My older daughter participated in CAP one Spring, and we realized the scheduling nightmare trying to honor conflicting "commitments" to CAP, HS, ODP and Club demands. So, my younger daughter participated in the combines and skipped CAP. However, on it's own, HS will usually represent 20 games plus playoffs, which is probably about the number of games the players playing in both Premier and Challenge leagues will end up playing.

Quote:

CESA is also the club that told you that your daughter wouldn't have to play ECNL at u18, did you forget?

That was a very, very late change made by ECNL dictated to the member clubs. My personal belief is it was a change made by ECNL to ensure the U-17 teams would have to make the the trip to Seattle or the club get kicked out of ECNL. My opinion. Even so, the ECNL committment for the U-18's this year is really not that different than not playing ECNL and going to the CASL and Disney tournaments anyway... no airline tickets. Did I like the seeming "bait and switch" roping the U-18's into another season of ECNL? No, but as I said, the result isn't going to change the impact on my wallet that much, because we'd be going to those tournaments anyway (note: the December ECNL event will not actually be Disney). The real future impact of ECNL will be on the younger teams.

Quote:

CESA's also the club that was trying to chase down an extra $3000 from the team at the end of this past year,$200 per player (didn't see that in the budget). There also the club that was trying to chase down coaches fees for regionals( didn't see that in the budget).

The coaches fees for regionals are normal and were known a few weeks before regionals (I know because my older daughter had already been to 4 previous regionals, and her team manager had already sent that team's request for a check), but I think the U-17's were of the understanding that as an ECNL team that wasn't required to pay training fees last year they would not have to pay coaches fees for regionals. Because the clarification came unexpectedly after regionals, it got bundled in with a team budget shortfall to cover ground transportation expenses for the team in New Jersey and Seattle. Also, because it was the team's first trip to regionals, the team costs associated with that event may have gotten slightly lost in all of the planning associated with coordinating flights, hotels, ground transportation, etc. associated with the two ECNL events before and after regionals. A lot of hectic work was done by team volunteers to get that team where it needed to be this summer. The $3000 included the coaches fees for regionals.

Quote:

Dog, do you see a trend here? How many of these commitments do you want to keep paying for.

Personally, here's the trend I see. My older daughter just finished U-18, and I'm now not paying club fees for her this year. My younger daughter is beginning her U-18 season, and...

Quote:

Dog, How much can you take?

Already past that point. Just trying to survive.

L
Kickoff
Kickoff
L
Raekwon
I almost missed you at this forum. Last time i had a chance to post was when you told me that the CESA ECNL teams won't have to pay the training fees yada yada yada... How did that turn out? 3000$ coaching fees for regionals??? You have to be joking! What did they fly a Land Rover jet?
Since you are a CESA kool aid drinking character and seem to know a lot about the red upstate machine maybe you will fill us in on what happen to almighty Nick Finotti?

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard