Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Patriot, where did you go? Did you get summmoned to the "office" yesterday?

Where is your quote?

C
bench
bench
C
Hey Patriot!! I heard that you was considering taking your ball and running with the other girls but you decided that if all these girls do leave then maybe just maybe my daughter will have a chance to make the premier team!!

If in fact all these girls had not left CESA then yours would still be just one of the local girls stuck on the challenge team!! That is FACT!!!

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

3000$ coaching fees for regionals???

No. $900 coach's fees (that includes coach's expenses, etc.) for week @ regionals. Then you have multiple van rentals, toll road charges (adds up, especially around NJ & NYC), coach's expenses, printing of player recruiting profiles, etc. for each of 2 ECNL events. The $900 regional fees were part of the $3000 total divided by 15 players = $200 per player.

Last edited by DeltaDog; 08/10/10 12:30 PM.
D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

If in fact all these girls had not left CESA then yours would still be just one of the local girls stuck on the challenge team!! That is FACT!!!

Not necessarily so. With no one leaving (other than the 2 that graduated) you would only have 13 players returning. Look at the roster sizes of all the CESA girls Premier teams for this coming year. It seems the club finally figured out that if you want to have more than 11 or 12 players healthy and available for regionals you better start with more than 14-15 players in the Fall. If Patriot's daughter is who I think she is, she is a former member of that team and a solid player who maybe should already have been returned to that roster. However, that doesn't mean I agree with Patriot that some kind of "turnover" was necessary. The non-graduating players that left more than justified their positions on last year's team through their performance on and off the field. Considering the club's change in direction to take advantage of a roster's maximum capacity and the graduation of two existing players, there was going to be room on the roster for the upcoming year to pick up additional quality players capable of playing that level. I'm sure Patriot's daughter is going to be one of those players.

goal kick
goal kick
delta dog,its great that you are happy with the costs,training,travel,etc that cesa provides for your daughters.But after the southern regionals,I cant be as complacent or agree with you.Our teams coach had 2 teams to coach and he spent very little time with our girls.He showed up at game time,but let the assistant or trainers prepare them for the game.The only time he talked to the parents was to ridicule us with bs about not being supportive of the team.That was our first trip to regionals in 3 years and it should have been special for the girls,win or lose.No I didnt play soccer as a youth growing up,but Ive always been supportive of my daughter and her teammates.So it takes committment from the coach too,not just show up at game time!! Plus the game plan he had was to pack the defense back,and hope for a breakaway.One player up top isnt going to get too many scoring chances.I wasnt very impressed with the gameplan,or the lack of a gameplan!!But what do you do?You cant second guess the coach.I even heard the u18(pierce) coach doubt his team would win any games at regionals.Excuse me, but is it asking too much to just be positive and give encouragement.I was under the impression we were going to Baton Rouge to win it,not just be in it!!So you can talk about costs,fees,uniforms,whatever,but it really comes down to how the girls and parents are treated by the coaches and the parents.Everybody thinks their daughter is the best,and thats all good.Cesa has provided nice facilities,great competition,and friendships,they are still along way from being perfect and that starts at the top!!Its a no brainer treat people the way you want to be treated , and we will all get along better.

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
cockdaddy, you must be one of the "outoftowners" who abandoned their former team for the grandeaur of playing for the Upstate Red. If you are, hope you are and have enjoyed all the interstate time. I disagree with your "slam" of Patriot's daughter. Don't do that!
#1) She is a very good player who is working hard and enjoying her sport.
#2) She is a good teammate on any team she has been on and it does take "A TEAM" to be successful in any endeavor.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
I'm back. Okay. I said a turnover is good because I know the girls on the premier team and talk with them a lot during high school season and knew the ones whose heart didn't seem to be in it. I felt that would translate onto the field.So I'm glad they are doing something they feel is right for them. Nothing worse then parents pushing them out there. The girls who are leaving have played since they were 6. A break works wonders. I did consider moving leagues because at the time i did not feel that CESA was going to field a competative team at the challenge level since people were dropping; but when I found out that they were going to have one team I was comfortable. I don't know where she would have played if everyone would have stayed. Don't care. She would be playing. The girls who left for the other league are going to have a strong team and hope we get to see them but I'm am not the guy who is going to have my daughter drive 45 min to practice. Other kids can do it but not when there is a league in my back yard; its not necessary. When CESA started to expand I knew it would bring hard feelings and losing a spot to someone out of town is not fun. As far as money. Yep. Too much. But this is her last push and it may help her get into a college she likes. I'm not looking for soccer money, there is none. But it could be a benefit when the schools are deciding.

G
throw in
throw in
G
What an idiotic remark. I hope trashing a young lady makes you feel good about yourself. Go crawl back under your rock.

C
bench
bench
C
I am sorry Giggs but where do you get that I am trashing the young lady. My comment plainly meant that if so many girls hadn't left, that the CLUB would have just replaced the two that went to college with two out of town players and that most likely the local girls would be left on the challenge team as was the case several times over the last 3-4 years!!!

The fact is Katie is a good player but she is local and the CLUB has shown a tendacy to add out of town players first!! Odds are she would have been left on the challenge team in lieu of these out of towners!!

Lots of players left for different reasons and I am sure some stayed for lots of reasons.

R
throw in
throw in
R
utd4life. Did you get sorted out? I think Delta helped you out with your answers. The club paid for training fees and coaches expenses to ECNL and PL weekends- gas, food, and lodging.

And I think this question has been asked before but no one has answered it. How did CESA make money from being in a league that cost them money. Maybe the club thought this was a worthwhile league to be in for their players because they got no financial gain from it. The ECNL is going to be a league that the best clubs are in.

Giggs, you're right. What a mean spirited comment. Rationailze all you want cock daddy but you own that now.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard