Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
H
goal
goal
H
If you're so inclined, you can go to guidestar.org and look at tax returns for any 501(C)(3), including soccer clubs. It will show all salaries over $100K.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Why do you care how much the directors/coaches make? It is their chosen profession. I bet if you ask their families if they make enough money for them to miss dinners at home, their own kids activities and church every Sunday morning the would probably say no. As parents we complain when a practice is cancelled or if our team doesn't practice enough. I have been a team manager for years and see the sacrifices these people make. Yeah CESA might have Land Rovers but the average coach isn't getting compensated for the wear and tear on his personal car with $.40/mile.

H
goal
goal
H
I was merely responding to SOS's question to me. Whether he/she, or anyone else, cares enough to look is of no consequence to me.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

I was merely responding to SOS's question to me. Whether he/she, or anyone else, cares enough to look is of no consequence to me.

I'm sorry Happy Daddy my comment was directed at gdawg.

H
goal
goal
H
No worries ;-)

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
momof: don't direct it at me. i could care less on what they make or what they drive. none of my posts mention that at all. my posts have been about the escalating out of control cost of soccer to families.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
What they get paid and what they drive have everything to do with the escalating cost of soccer. While I am all for everyone making as much as they can, the Directors have built a big club, but it does seem the focus of this club has changed from truly developing the local talent to- what will it take to field the best Premier teams.

J
throw in
throw in
J
I couldn't agree more bomber. The only difference between soccer and AAU basketball is the talent is determined by a wallet.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Again, I'm not one to address concerns or provide potential answers for the costs of higher levels of youth soccer but will certainly lend an opinion on ways at least mid level competition could see savings.

As sandman earlier mentioned LSYSA does now support U14/13 locally for the lowcountry and at first glance seems to represent decent competition at this level. As a club, we're at a crossroads where we have a number of U13/14 teams this coming year and pondering where to play them, or just sit out and play schedule of tournies and friendlies.

I asked SCYSA for thoughts on future of statewide competition at lower levels of Classic and doesn't seem to be any plans to change status quo and I'll probably have to follow up on that (just because it's in my nature).

It was explained to me by knowledgable folks (far more than I) that in addition to stiffer competition at the state level (although that could change if the lowcountry teams stayed home), playing on PMSL actually has a direct benefit to seeding when it comes to Spring championship which I confirmed in rules of the state hosted Publix Presidents Medal Cup. This is questionable in my humble opinion as the rules apparently encourages clubs to push play over distance and directly/indirectly increase cost to families and potentially limits participation (or certainly service) at classic II. Not to mention that a 8-0 team playing in LSYSA is almost certainly better than a 0-8 in classic.

Without even considering the team $850 fees and bond coach Chass discussed, my earlier example a family could spend over $500 each and hours driving back and forth to Columbia. In contrast, the cost to field a squad of 16 players in LSYSA (one season) and annual costs from SCYSA equals a total of $42 each player, and that includes referee fees for 10 games which makes up about 50% of the $. Discalimer: this amount is not what you should expect to pay anywhere as it does not include facilities, admin, or coaching. Still these costs are in the most part fixed regardless of choice of league or competition.

My point in this example is nothing more than pointing out that travel and competition costs do not only affect the top flight teams. I hope we can look at the bigger picture and see the danger (avoidable) high costs have at every level of play and work smarter over time to build competition and administration that encourages and actively seeks to increase player participation and opportunity at each level of our great game.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
sandman Offline OP
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
once word gets out about u14 lsysa, parents & former rec/ classic/challenge players will grow that common sense competitave league...next step u15/16

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard