Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
Understand there were some fireworks from some of the "long term" Midlands area malcontents on the Board.

50th for a reason!
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Nominated:
President: Bob Brantley & Fred Beiber
Secretary: Scott Halkett & Doug Bennink

Elected:
President: Bob Brantley
Secretary: Scott Halkett

Mary Bynum stepped down from ODP.

It sounds like SCYSA has an attorney in the position of Rules & Compliance.

Some questions need to be asked as to how Fred Beiber assumed the position of Mid-State District Commissioner ...

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Where is State Cup this year? For PMSL and SCSCL?

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

Rock Hill

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Rock Hill

Hmmm...I heard that it was at Carolina FC again

C
Coach
Coach
C
PMSL Cup will be hosted by Carolina FC (Spartanburg).
SCSCL Cup will be hosted by Discoveries Soccer Club (Rock Hill).

I've got good news and bad news...
C
goal
goal
C
Who replaced Mary? Mary has been this by herself for so long that this will be VERY hard for some to step into and have any early success. Figuring out all the contacts alone will be a pain.

Bob is a VERY good person and will do an excellent job.

My understanding is that Sharon step down and Fred was appointed by the board until the next district election.

Here I go again!
World Cup
World Cup
I do not know all of the particulars, but this was received Thursday, August 11, 2010.

SCYS (Adobe Acrobat)

O
bench
bench
O
I thought the membership voted Fred off the board. Something smells rotten!!!!

Goal
Goal
The SCYSA "in-bred" Board again! We've seen this dilemma for 15 years. It may not be "illegal," but one can only surmise that it is truly "unethical."

The Facts

First, Fred Bieber announces his resignation conspicuously from his state position as Member-At-Large at 11:59 p.m. on August 5, 2010.

Second, on August 6, there is a vote amongst Sharon Bieber (Mid-State District Commissioner), Jerry Cover (District Cups & Games), and Glenda Day (District Secretary) to elect Fred Bieber Mid-State District Vice-Commissioner (which was vacant due to resignation of Clay Turner in March 2010) effective 8:00 p.m.

Third, Sharon Bieber resigns as Mid-State District Commissioner, effective at 1:59 p.m. on Saturday, August 7th, thus giving the Vice-Commissioner control of the Mid-State District.

Conclusion

Until these kinds of clandestine operations cease to exist amongst our SCYS Board, soccer will continue not to flourish in this state.

Clubs will simply go elsewhere -- i.e., US Club Soccer -- in hopes of more honest and forthright dealings in youth soccer.

Fred Bieber simply propagates to further his own personal involvement with USYS and Region III and needs local (i.e., SCYS) validation in order to do so.

I certainly hope that the powers to be in SCYS take note of the conflicts of interest that result in this latest poor decision by the Board.

I really don't believe the general membership of SCYS clubs understand the poor situation we face with our Board. I believe that Bob Brantley's election was a turn in the right direction, but until there is a staunch elimination of the previous decade of rule, then there is little option amongst the members but to secede from SCYS in search of a better alternative that truly suits their factions needs.

Comments welcome

Victory Starts Here!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard