Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
L
Goal
Goal
L
Irritable Male Syndrome, sufferers are colloquially known as 'grumpy old men' - lol

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Sweet, take a look at the CESA financials. I believe it shows $43,000 in profit from apparel sales.

It probably also shows your salary, as you've got to be on their payroll.

Just in the interest of objectivity, does "apparel" in this case include uniforms? Usually those are listed separately...I can see "apparel" profits coming from CESA-licensed-and-labeled shirts, sweats, hoodies, jackets, caps, etc. adding up pretty quickly even if the uniforms are direct-buy at no profit to the club. Our high school team makes some pretty good fundraising money that way; I can only imagine the non-uniform-related merchandising sales from a club that size.

I've got good news and bad news...
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
As I said, if I read it correctly.

It could be other Club apparel, but it could be from uniform sales.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
What me grumpy?

Naaaaaaa....

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Bomber go easy on CESA about the Greenville County Tax money. I'm sure any Greenville county taxpayer can go to Wenwood or MESA and throw the football around, play catch, have a picnic, work on the wedge game, have a family reunion, have a concert, have a tent revival, take the dog for a run, have a school field trip any time they want because those gates at those 2 places are aways open are they not. It's crazy to think that our greenville county council would give one club 1.5 mill and leave all none soccer family tax payers out of the loop. That would be just wrong on councils part.

K
bench
bench
K
Regarding the question raised about Greenville County’s support of CESA: Other than the field construction does Greenville county provide CESA with financial support? Does CESA subsidize it’s entities located outside of Greenville County? If both are true one could argue that Greenville’s tax dollars are being diverted outside of Greenville County.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
I asked my player if she liked the quality of the CESA gear she has worn the past several years... She answered, HUH!!! I said nevermind honey.

S
coach
coach
S
gbdawgs: I'm a little confused. In late June you registered on this message board. In early July you had a friend who had a child playing at CESA. In mid July you had a family member who was considering playing at CESA. Now with this last post you have a player who has worn CESA gear for several years.

You may want to clear this up - because an ignorant reader might get the wrong impression. You don't want anyone to think that you're simply angry at CESA for something related to your daughter - which I'm sure in no way is true. You want to make sure that you're perceived as a disinterested third-party who is simply getting to the heart of some vague rumors that you've heard.

gbdawgs (7/2/2010): I talked to a friend who's child is playing for a big club in the upstate.

gbdawgs (7/8/2010): The only reason I brought this up is that my upstate friend said that the u18 girls at CESA lost over 25 players out of about 40-45 in the u18 girls pool.

gbdawgs (7/9/2010): A friend of mine in Greenville, SC who has a daughter that plays on a girls premier club team up there said this past year they've had to travel by air to NJ, Texas, Seattle also have had to car travel to La. once, Fla twice.

gbdawgs (7/14/2010): The only reason I brought this up is that my upstate friend said that the u18 girls at CESA lost over 25 players out of about 40-45 in the u18 girls pool.

gbdawgs (7/15/2010): I must confess. I have a family member in the upstate who is contemplating playing club soccer at the travel level. The family was all gung ho on doing it, but have heard unfavorable things the past couple of weeks about costs and commitment to this club. This is no reflection on any specific club or area. Were just trying to help her make a decision because she also plays basketball and would like to do that at a competitive level as well. A friend of ours told us get info from both sides, which we have already received from the club. My friend told me about this website and said I would get a more objective view because parents frequent this site. Your input is much appreciated.

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
I am having a hard time understanding the problem here. If feel that you & your child are not getting your money's worth at your current club, then find another club. Fees are too high? Then find a club with cheaper fees. Uniforms are too expensive? Then find a club with cheaper uniforms.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Mom, last time I checked, we still have free speech in this country and I believe this message board is an open free speech forum and I also believe when you sign up at a soccer club and pay them money that makes you their customer. And you should know how a customer likes to be treated. At least I hope you do.

That said, obviously what you read among these pages shows some dislike of some of the practices of some soccer clubs to their customers. Perhaps there is a lack of competition at certain levels of soccer in a community.

Bottom line is- gbdawgs has the right to express his/her opinion and create interesting thought and discussion regarding various soccer issues.

Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard