Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Good idea about the various Greenville complexes.

Maybe Sweetfeet could come up and organize a Polo tournament at one of the facilities.

I believe he knows a lot about that sport and it would surely bring a big crowd, fill up the hotels, and all the fine dining restaurants in the Upstate. Heck, that crowd would probably buy some BMW's and other high dollar luxury vehicles, maybe some lake property, big-time economic impact.

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Hmmm... I wasn't aware that I was infringing on anyone's right to speak their mind. Just throwing in my own $.02.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Shibumi: You caught me.I lied, I've had a child, at one time 2 who played for St Giles, CESA for the last 9 years. Our family over those years has between $25,000-$30,000 wrapped up in the CESA club. Our child played at the top level every year. For the past few years we were told every year at the beginning of the season what the costs were going to be, and every year, during and at the end of the year the club kept coming back for more money. I felt a club of this size would know before the season started what costs would be, but this was never the case. (CESA is one of the few who don't post this info on their website)I honestly think they knew what costs would be, but was afraid to let their customers know in advance, because they did not want any fallout. Actually the fallout did happen this year when the u18 girls pool dropped from around 45 players to 19. Our daughter was one of the fallout. You would think being in the club for that many years the DOC would have better communication with their customers. I have never met one of the owners, i had met the other owner once once over comments i made about one of his coaches losing the confidence of the players on our team, he told me if i didn't like it to go to Spartanburg and play for that Carolina futbol club. I also had a phone call with them, our daughter had a season ending injury at the beginning of a fall season, the doc could not figure out why i wouldn't pay the remainder of the fall season fees. Why would i pay fees for something were not getting.
There's nothing wrong with posting what the clubs charge, or what some of the parents experiences have been regarding the clubs. I always felt dealing with CESA they had something to hide. Hopefully this information will give parents with younger children a perspective on what each club is about.
Regarding you, i took the liberty of reading the history of your posts, either your drinking the CESA koolaid, you work for CESA, or you are CESA, but this is an open forum website and we can enjoy the freedom to post. Truthfully I wouldn't post this if my child still played for CESA, I would have to worry about the ramifications that they might throw my daughter out of the club. Shibumi if you had a good experience with CESA, fine. We did not.
Thats the story about gbdawgs.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

It's crazy to think that our greenville county council would give one club 1.5 mill and leave all none soccer family tax payers out of the loop. That would be just wrong on councils part.

I believe a club has to have minimum 16 fields at a location to be eligible to host a Southern Regional tournament. My understanding is that a Southern Regional tournament generates around 7 mill in business for the host community. The 2012 tournament will be held at MeSA. Maybe, just a thought, County Council considers a potential 5.5 mill ROI for local businesses as one way of keeping all non soccer family taxpayers IN the "loop".

For the sake of my daughters' ankles, I would appreciate you work on the wedges somewhere other than the fields.

Last edited by DeltaDog; 08/25/10 08:28 PM.
G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Dog: Correct me if I'm wrong.I thought you said in a previous post that CESA was not competing in the southern regionals in Greenville because they will be in ECNL only at that time?

D
Goal
Goal
D
I believe I said it would be ironic that given the new ECNL rule restricting ECNL teams from participating in State Cups the CESA teams participating in ECNL could be kept out of the most prestigious tournament the club has ever hosted. Of course, there is no guarantee that any teams from CESA would qualify as state champions even without participation in ECNL. (ECNL has no impact on participation on the boy's side.)

That said, what has any CESA team's qualification for the tournament got to do with the county's potential 5.5 mill ROI from CESA hosting the tournament?

D
Goal
Goal
D
Actually, the ROI may be greater if CESA teams are not participating due to other SC teams as state champions having to book additional rooms.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Now that I think about it, that's 5.5 mill ROI for the one tournament. CESA annually hosts 3 tournaments (CESA Classic, Fall Challenge and Spring Challenge) all of which generate additional business adding to the county's ROI.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Dog: Where specifically does the 5.5 million go. I assume it's from hospitality taxes, but where is the 5.5 million going? You said all taxpayers benefit from it. Does it go in the county's general fund, schools, infrastructure, police, fire, county salaries,reduction in county tax, what? Tell us how it benefits all greenville county taxpayers?
By the way were way off of what the original post. What's your CESA u18 girl challenge players paying per month.

D
Goal
Goal
D

Start here... http://greenvillerec.com/athletics-and-sports/tournaments , then contact either the Greenville Convention and Visitor's Bureau (perhaps the guy in the video) or maybe the Sports Tourism Manager or maybe just an accountant to find out how $7 mill in tourism impacts the county taxpayers and how it may (or may not) justify the $1.5 mill investment. BTW, at the website I also noticed the county invested county dollars in an equestrian center, so maybe you can talk them into letting you and Sweet Feet holding the polo match there instead of MeSA.

"...I guess the real irony of the "no state cup" rule will be that the year it is implemented, 2011-2012, will be just in time to restrict the CESA teams from participating in the Southern Regionals held at CESA. Bummer...."

"...it would be ironic that given the new ECNL rule restricting ECNL teams from participating in State Cups the CESA teams participating in ECNL could be kept out of the most prestigious tournament the club has ever hosted...."

You're right. Way off. My mistake.

My understanding is all players on the CESA U-18 roster pay the same in club fees (registration, training, etc.), then depending on the events in which a player participates the team fees may vary. I believe my daughter will be playing both the premier and challenge schedules and probably 3 or 4 of the 5 tournaments. We have one team with a roster used as a pool for participation in a variety of events. I believe the basic monthly club fee is $133 and change and is standard for each player. It's the other team fees (tournament registrations, coach's travel expenses, etc.) where you start dividing by the number of players participating that fuels the variations.

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard