Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
H
goal
goal
H
I am referring to the program as a whole and to SCUFC-DA. You are more than welcome to try to back up your assertion with facts. Our program is entirely about player development. And, the notion that money is a driver of our program is laughable.

goal
goal
"What logical person consciously chooses a harder route unless they see benefit?"
Maybe they aren't necessarily logical people. Some time ago, I listed various reasons why "an out of town player [might] choose CESA."

Personally, I believe that if any parent is currently driving their child past an Academy team to play for cesa, they either:

- Feel their child would not get enough playing time with the Academy (that feeling based on current rosters and/or a lack of knowlege with how the Academy is set up)
- Have some personal issues (with certain coaches/clubs) they can't figure out how to overcome (or just aren't willing to because of their egos/pride), and/or
- Just plain don't understand the concept behind the Academy (or refuse to accept the value of it)

Since then, I've come up with other reasons why a parent might do so, but the above is plenty enough fuel to fire up people here, so I'll just leave it at that.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Belligerent,

I have a son in the Academy.......but I have good friends with very talented kids who chose CESA over Academy. They did it because they felt their kids had a better shot at going to the schools they wanted to go to via CESA, becasue of the coach involved.

So to your 3 reasons for bypassing the Academy, in fairness you need to a 4th. Which is, a parents honest perspective that it is better.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Since the objective seems to be playing in college does anyone know 2011 and 2012 committments for SCUDA vs. CESA?

goal
goal
daddy, like i said, maybe they aren't necessarily logical people; or, maybe #3 above applies.

i know people who committed to div 1 schools while not playing academy, and their future college coach basically told them that they will be playing academy their senior year of high school.

i'm sure there are plenty of reasons i can't think of, but the only ones i come up with at the moment for why your buddies think they have a better shot at a school by playing at cesa is 1) the school is in cesa's backyard, or 2) the college coach and cesa docs are, you know, real tight.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Actually they are very logical people.

The 2 reasons listed in your 3rd paragraph are a lot closer to their thinking than the three reasons you listed in your earlier post.....which may apply to some folks, but aren't remotely close to my friends at all.

Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard