Brace
OP Offline
Brace

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Gamecock Soccer Fans,

Don't miss out on a jam packed weekend of Gamecock Women's Soccer!

It all starts this Friday September 10th when your Gamecock Women's Soccer team hosts the Carolina Cup at Stone Stadium!

Listed below is the schedule, with promotions, for this weekend's Carolina Cup and remember tickets purchased for Friday and Sunday's games will allow you admission to both games on that day:

Friday September 10th
Furman vs. High Point @ 5:00 P.M.

Please Stick around for:

#21 South Carolina vs. Clemson @ 7:30 P.M.

* Youth League Night
o First 250 Kids Receive Free Garnet Pom-Poms
* Post-Game Autograph Session
* Kid's Inflatable Bounce House
* Firehouse Trivia Question
* Cocky
* Goal and Corner Kick T-shirts

Sunday September 12th

Clemson vs. High Point @ 12:00 P.M.

Please stick around for:

#21 South Carolina vs. Furman @ 2:30 P.M.

* Football Ticket Stub Day
o Bring your ticket stub from the 9/11 Georgia football game and receive a ticket for $1!
* Kid's Inflatable Bounce House
* Cocky
* Goal and Corner Kick T-shirts

Don't Forget:

Group Tickets are only $1 with a group of 15 or more! These can be from the same team, same club, friends or neighbors - just come together and it worksJ

*You can order group tickets in advance at 800.4SC.FANS or 803-576-918 or just come together with your "group name"

Brace
Brace
Gamecocks 2:0 Tigers, 70'
Attendance: 3,017

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
That was the final as well, 2:0 South Carolina.

World Cup
World Cup
W-Soccer: Carolina Cup @ Stone Stadium

FRIDAY - Furman 2-0 High Point, South Carolina 2-0 Clemson
SUNDAY - High Point 4-3 Clemson, South Carolina 1-0 (ot) Furman

Records: South Carolina (5-1-1); Furman (4-3-0); Clemson (5-2-0); High Point (2-5-0).

S
throw in
throw in
S
Congratulations to graduate SC CESA players, Catie Moore (fr) and Sarah Jacobs (Jr) making the all tournament team! Also Brooke Lisson (fr), previous SC CESA player, at High Point made one of the goals against Clemson.

CAROLINA'S CUP ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM
Danielle Au, South Carolina - MVP
Brittiny Rhoades, South Carolina
Kayla Grimsley, South Carolina
Christine Watts, South Carolina
Catie Moore, Furman
Jessica Smith, Furman
Graham Marchman, Furman
Kelli Joline, High Point
Katie Taber, High Point
Sarah Jacobs, Clemson
Heather Marik, Clemson

Although the South Carolina native girls only make up less than 10 percent of the South Carolina teams, they made up close to 20% of the all tournament team. Well done!

L
Goal
Goal
L
Clemson women seems to be going in the wrong direction. HS might be in over his head. anyone have any thoughts/comments that saw CU play this w/e? will they go winless in acc play again?

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
I saw clemson play friday night against usc..they played poorly-usc dominated them and clemson had little chances to score. I was not impressed but usc looked very strong and was able to possess the ball and create lots of chances..should have been 4-0 not 2-0..missed alot of opportunties..#12 is a fresh for usc and she is all over the place and scored 2 goals over the weekend. USC is going places...clemson has alot to build if they want to compete-especially losing to a big south school on sunday...coastal plays clemson this coming weekend...

Goal
Goal
I had the opportunity to watch both matches Friday night and you are correct, Clemson is very poor. Outside of Maddy Elder, Clemson was very pedestrian, slow, and several players did not even appear fit. You're correct that Carolina could have put at least two more goals in against the Tigers.

After watching High Point play Furman, I was even more surprised that HPU was able to defeat Clemson. I predict a winless ACC campaign and perhaps a changing of the guard at the head of the Tiger program.

Victory Starts Here!
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Great highlights on USC website.

Gamecocks have a big match with Minnesota Thursday at Stone Stadium and the Golden Gophers lone loss was to #4 Notre Dame.

Minnesota Women's Soccer

World Cup
World Cup
Ryan Velasquez, who prepped at West Florence HS and played soccer for long time coach Billy Andrews, covers the USC soccer beat for The Daily Gamecock. Check out his articles for updates on Gamecock Soccer - http://www.dailygamecock.com/sports

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard