Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Anyone hear from SCYSA yet on the conflict with state cup playoffs?

goal
goal
But, seriously…

Now, this is not for the girl's side, but for the boys, some of your questions about ODP might be answered if you 1) read a little about why the Development Academy was created, and 2) look at US Soccer's organizational structure.

From this information, two things seem obvious (to me): 1) US Soccer created the Development Academy because ODP was/is not producing the results that were anticipated when it was created more than thirty years ago, and 2) US Soccer is not going to put a whole lot of time/effort/money into a program it has deemed "unsuccessful" and has created a replacement for (IMO).

If anyone is interested…

Here is an overview of the Development Academy: http://www.ussoccer.com/Teams/Development-Academy/Academy-Overview.aspx

Here is the Org Chart for US Soccer: http://www.ussoccer.com/About/About-Home/Organizational-Structure.aspx

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Tryouts are not necessarily the same date as the first round of state cup. First round games are to be played between November 29th and December 4th. I can't wait to hear the complaints about teams traveling to play on school nights. However, I am sure that most of the top girls teams will be attending CASL/ECNL that weekend which will obviously take the best girls out of the tryouts that day.

B
goal
goal
B
Belligerent - as unusual as it is, agreed again.

First, before I go too much further, I need to state some assumptions before getting to the meat of it.

1) I thought the ECNL is a US Club Soccer iniative, not USYS.
2) I thought the organizers of the ECNL were trying to model more closely the Development Academy - where ODP participation will not be allowed.

So, if either of these is incorrect, disregard the rest.

There is significant talk of conflict of scheduling the ODP tryouts when it's an ENCL event weekend, leading to the statement many of the best girls in the state will not be at tryouts. Could it be this is a passive aggressive attempt by SCYS (USYS) to force players to make the choice by having a conflicting tryout? Much like the non - affliated play insurance thing. Or is it that they know since the players that are participating in the ECNL, don't need to be there anyway, so it doesn't matter if the conflict exists.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
If it is a passive aggressive attempt by SCYS..I believe they are wasting their time..If the girls were made to choose I think the state would be on the losing end..I think the latter to be more probable..The girls don't have to attend or they show up for the make up day..

goal
goal
Bear, so you think everything is CESA's fault, too?

I did not see that one coming...

B
brace
brace
B
This isn't about CESA. It's about ODP.
The earlier reference to tryouts SEEMING rigged is bang-on. There's no way the current tryout "format" can do anything but confirm evaluators' preconceived notions of players' abilities.
In some instances, those notions are no longer valid. In others, they never were.
I have observed ODP for a mere three seasons, including 3 trips to W-S and 2 to Tuscaloosa. During that short time, in one gender/age group, I've seen a bunch of poor choices by evaluators NOT INVOLVING MY KID. When you see a lot of seemingly inexplicable mistakes by supposedly professional evaluators, you eventually ask yourself, why?
My conclusion is that the tryout process is flawed, a situation made worse by club-affiliated evaluators hyping their own.
The solutions are obvious and simple: Change the tryout format. Require that club coaches recuse themselves from discussions of their own kids.
That neither is even considered by the powers that be tells you everything you need to know.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
It's easy to see what's happening here. CESA is using the odp tryout venue as a recruiting tool. Their pulling out of premier league and state championships (all scysa events) after this year in favor of ECNL for girls. Since we've been in CESA they've never pushed ODP on us. We had a ECNL event in Seattle last year that conflicted with ODP region camp. CESA made it real clear they wanted the girls in Seattle. I'm sure CESA is thinking that they can recruit more midlands and coastal players to CESA by showcasing their facilities. Also, I would think CESA is just keeping SCYSA happy until after the big Regional tournament in 2011 at MESA.

N
Throw In
Throw In
N
Players should be scouted and evaluated in their regular environment.

There should be no additional cost to players for scouting and identification.

To insure accurate evaluations, players should be evaluated by multiple people over multiple events.

To insure accurate evaluations, the coaches that train and develop the identified players should be consulted as the best source of information regarding overall ability, mentality, and current form.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Dawgs,first off, I know that the Buckeye loss still smarts but I'm sure they will rebound. Second, if you have a problem with the games being played at MESA then you need to contact the people in Columbia, not Greenville. Thirdly, in every age group in every gender in every state club takes priority over ODP. People chose not to go to Seattle for various reasons.Not sure you wanna go there.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard