Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
I could care less where they have tryouts, I don't have one in the game anymore. I'm just giving my opinion why they are moving ODP tryouts to the northwest part of the state instead of keeping them in the central location like Columbia. Once all the CESA premier girls get involved in ECNL their won't be time for ODP anymore. Again I think CESA is using it as a recruiting tool to showcase their facilities to the families from the midlands and the coast. If they can recruit a handful of top players from the midlands and the coast there won't be enough top girl players to field a quality ODP team, and it will go away. Remember CESA has all their eggs in the Member Soccer Club run ECNL, not SCYSA. Just my opinion. What's yours? I am still hurting from the Chokeyes!

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I agree that tryouts should be in a more central location so most share in the travel..But..I don't think there are enough quality players now in ODP..Some just choose not to play..The program is not strong and building..It just treads water and we just make excuses why it has never moved forward..They try different things but not anything that will make any kind of significant impact..Some girls just want the time off..I think the days of parents driving across state will dwindle down..Just my opinion but we are half way thru the fall season and the message board has grown very quiet..There's no my team or club can beat your team or this or that team cheated..I don't know what it indicates...Maybe parents are growing up and has left us old timers here to debate back and forth.
Let's just say the ole message board ain't what she use to be..

C
Coach
Coach
C
My acronym is of higher intrinsic value than your acronym. And if you can't get fired up and passionate to argue about that, I guess you just don't love soccer.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Chass,
You following me or what?
Your acronym better than mine? You keep livin that dream..

B
brace
brace
B
Which begs the question:
Acrimony or Acronym?
I'm afraid the point is, more effort is put toward making money than making players.
The more you follow youth soccer, the more stories you hear about overlooked/unrecognized/discouraged kids ... only a select few of whom have the courage/support/$$$/luck to persevere and survive a crappy system.
Forget the other "organizations."
Though physically impossible, ODP would stink in a vaccuum.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Hey, man, when it comes to acronyms, it's about quality of letters, not quantity.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Goal
Goal
C
From the SCYS ODP page:

September 15, 2010 ODP Tryout Registration Forms Available

December 5, 2010 Boys ODP Tryout - 9:00am-12:00pm @ BB&T Complex, Columbia
Girls ODP Tryout - 1:00pm-5:00pm @ BB&T Complex, Columbia

December 18, 2010 Boys & Girls ODP Tryout Make-up & Rain Date

January 7-9, 2011 Boys & Girls ODP Sub Regional Games

January 21-23, 2011 Boys & Girls Sub Regional Rain Date

June 30 - July 16, 2011 Boys & Girls US Youth Soccer ODP

Have they moved the tryouts back to Columbia or have they just not updated the page?

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
The SCYS BOD are excited about the make-up of the committee and believe the collective soccer expertise will have an immediate impact on the ODP. The ODP Committee is made up of the following individuals:

Tripp Miller (Chair Person) – SCUFC Director of Soccer
Andrew Hyslop – CESA Co-Executive Director
Kian Brownlee – SCU-MP Director of Coaching
Ginio Volpe – President Long Bay Soccer Club
Niel Welborn – President, Discoveries Soccer Club
Justin Collett – Carolina FC Executive Director
Ralph Lundy – Head Coach College of Charleston
Van Taylor – SCYS Director of Coaching Development & Player Education
Allen Bishop – SCYS ODP Administrator

Kind of throws cold water on the conspiracy theories, doesn't it?

B
brace
brace
B
Some good and encouraging additions.

1 or 2 real head-scratchers.

As to conspiracy theories, my greatest hope is that this group fosters the kind of even-handedness, inclusion and transparency that's its predecessors (including some on the current list) didn't.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard