Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Coaches,

The Irmo JV Tournaments have now moved the tournament dates back a week to the following new dates:

Preseason Tournament - Friday, Feb 25th & Saturday, Feb 26th
End of Season Tournament - Friday, April 29th & Saturday, April 30th

Please let me know by responding that your team may be interested in attending. This way I'll now and will be looking out for your team's application.

Thanks,

Dennis R. Cook
446-4504

brace
brace
OK so now that we are a few weeks out, is there any form of a schecule available? Who coming this year?

brace
brace
Ok schedules are up. Looks like GHMS girls (Now FM JV) will get another shot at West Florance.

goal kick
goal kick
Be kind! WF is struggling this year!

'A ten-foot keeper really should have stopped that' -Ron Atkinson
brace
brace
Not expecting the girls to want another tie, last time they got scored on twice in last 10 min of second half to give up a tie. PK's the next day to break points tie resulted in girls missing final and getting only loss they had in two years at middle school in runnerup game against South Aiken (now that is the game the girls really want to play).

Coach does not seem like the type who would let it turn into blow out (not saying it would be, it is to early in season to know just how good any team is right now). Good luck this weekend.

goal kick
goal kick
Yeah- my daughter was the keeper in the PKs. We have basically a new team-only about 5 returning players and only 2 weeks of practice. It should be an interesting weekend!

'A ten-foot keeper really should have stopped that' -Ron Atkinson
brace
brace
Well the team then were almost all 7th graders and now they are all (10 of them I think) 9th graders with about 4 or 5 10th graders from last years JV. I am guessing you were on pins and needles for the PK shootout (mine used to play keeper). Hopefully we do not have to go through that this year!

world cup
world cup
FM Boys take the championship.
FM Girls lose in the final.

Good showing. Congrats!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
Boy's had an amazing 23 shot Pk shootout to win the final. FM Keeper deflected a few till he finally caught a straight on shot!!!Most amazing thing was both teams made every shot on frame!

Girls gave a good challenge to Lexington but they were just to big and to many for the FM girls to over come! If that was the JV Keeper I do not know how anyone will score on Lexington's Varsity this year, cause I would hate to see who pushed her down to JV! She was a great keeper and has to be at least 6' tall. She made a stop on a lofted shot I do not think many keepers could stop! Good job Lexington hope to see you again in the post season tourney!

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
She is an 8th grader (so was not pushed down) and has developed into a good goalkeeper
Her sister is the varsity keeper and taller... as far as size the FM forward is big and and fast and lex did a good job in shutting her down

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard