Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
world cup
world cup
Quote:

She is an 8th grader (so was not pushed down) and has developed into a good goalkeeper
Her sister is the varsity keeper and taller... as far as size the FM forward is big and and fast and lex did a good job in shutting her down

I was crossing my fingers and hoping this would be your reply.

An 8th Grader. Fantastic! Good for her and good for Lex.

I wish Fort Mill still had the luxury of using 7th and 8th graders on their JV.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
Well in that case I did see the keeper who she is following! I saw a very tall girl in the parking lot after the game who looked like the keeper and congratulated her on her excellent play and she politly thanked me but said it was her sister, their parents sure know how to make keepers! Hurst is right in FM we do not get 7th & 8th graders on JV any more leaving us with just 9th and 10th graders on the team, has good and bad points about it.

Yes they were smart to stack two defenders on her most of the game, and when she did break free the keeper was right there to clear the ball before she could get there. Would have to say I thought the game was very even for the first 3/4 then FM started to show signs of being worn down by the Lexington depth.

The play by both teams was very good though as both teams seemed to want to posses it and push it up rather than play kick and run.

Great job LEX and good luck this year, at least until the post season

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Yes the starting line up for Lex I think had 3-10th graders 4-9th graders and the rest were 7th and 8th. (the majority of the second half was mostly 8th graders except for the D)

Lexington is blessed with lots of depth and all the girls played challenge or in the case of the 10th graders where on the U17 classic state champions team.

The varsity is also fairly young 2 -9th graders start and the rest are mostly 11th and 10th only a few 12th graders in that squad

For Lex it was the best competition of the tourney, was surprised to see FM lose to SV. I would say FM had the early going and then changed to Lex control.

But I will say that the field size makes a huge difference when they played DF at BB&T all the Lex players where clicking when they played Irmo in the field that could pass for a tennis court was a huge difference

Good luck the rest of the season

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 02/28/11 03:50 PM.
brace
brace
The loss to SV was partly on that mini field too. We played half the game there and half up on a "regular" size pitch. They got a sloppy goal (defender put it right at the fwds feet 5' from goal when she could have easily cleared it outside where no one was) in the first half and then second half hung on with play about 75% in their end on the full size field. SV was fast up front and well suited to kick and run on the small space but struggled a little when things opend up some. Still they did manage to keep it out of the net under constant pressure the second half so gotta credit a bend but do not break D.

World Cup
World Cup
Please make sure that all scores and results have been posted at the Eurosport Scoreboard. Thanks!

http://www.eurosportscoreboard.com/page_state.php?s=SC

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard