Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20
DeltaDog #140074 11/09/10 10:24 PM
brace
brace
Seem to be more questions than answers. Anyone know when/where the tryouts are for the players from the Rockhill/Fort Mill Area? Are we part of the Columbia Area? or have we been ceeded to Greenville?

Also anyone know if they have figured out what to do about all the players who will be playing in a tournament on DEC 5 weekend.

Does not seem to be much on the state web site.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

And you've been around it how long?

Backscreen17, I've been around it for a while, but this is new based on the committee selections, and it does, to me, represent a significant conflict of interest. How does a DOC/coach who directs all of his/her top level players to NOT participate in ODP then end up on the committee to do what... improve SC ODP?

DeltaDog #140076 11/10/10 06:54 PM
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
If you just took the time to get past your own agenda's it would actually begin to make sense ...

Who has the best players in the State? And if you were responsible for putting together a team to represent SC who would you try to get involved?

Sure there are questions, but at least SCYS are trying to come up with some answers. After all, it could be argued that ODP in general is fighting a losing battle to ECNL and USSF Academy.

Moving on ..

RECCOS #140077 11/10/10 08:20 PM
D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

If you just took the time to get past your own agenda's it would actually begin to make sense ...

My agenda? Please. The only "agenda" I've ever been accused of having regarding SC ODP is to encourage every player I've met over the years to participate.

Quote:

Who has the best players in the State? And if you were responsible for putting together a team to represent SC who would you try to get involved?

Sure there are questions, but at least SCYS are trying to come up with some answers. After all, it could be argued that ODP in general is fighting a losing battle to ECNL and USSF Academy.

If ODP is fighting a losing battle to ECNL due to players choosing ECNL over ODP that would be one thing. But, if ODP is fighting a losing battle to ECNL due to threats of repercussion for ODP participation, then that is another. And, putting those responsible for the discouragement of participation on a committee to improve participation seems to me, at least, to be a conflict of interests.

DeltaDog #140078 11/10/10 08:43 PM
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Delta, my response was directed to all and not anyone in specific. However, given your response I will assume you are participating in the ECNL and defer to your first hand knowledge.

RECCOS #140079 11/10/10 10:01 PM
D
Goal
Goal
D
Over the years my daughters have been in and juggled committments to Premier League, Challenge League, Classic League, High School League, ECNL and ODP. I will confess a soft spot in my heart for SC ODP even with it's weaknesses. ODP brought one of my daughters back to the fields her first year of eligibility after leaving club soccer to investigate other interests. She wasn't associated with a club the first year she made the SC team, and she fell back in love with the game.

I'm not criticising ECNL participation here, not now. At this time one CAN support an ECNL agenda and an ODP agenda at the same time without a conflict of interests, but not the way it is currently being managed by the club. I fully expect that to not be the case in a year or so, as I expect ECNL to drop the other foot on USYSA participation and officially prohibit ECNL players from participating in ODP. Given my "soft spot" for ODP I think that would be a shame.

Moving on, however, I'll admit the error in my analysis, retract and apologize for any claim of conflict of interest on the committee... if every member of an ECNL team is encouraged to participate in the district tryouts and supported in his/her ODP participation through the remainder of the year including participation in the regional camps next summer.

DeltaDog #140080 11/11/10 05:06 AM
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
June 30-July 16, 2011 Boys & Girls US Youth Soccer ODP
Region Camp....

ECNL National Championship July 14-16, 2011 Venue TBD

Could be a scheduling problem? Interesting to see what venue CESA directors and coaches push the players to attend.
Might be a good question to bring up at the next odp board meeting. It would probably go like this.

Mr CESA director should we have a scheduling conflict this summer with odp region camp and ecnl national championship, where will you send your players.

CESA director response: UUUUUUHHHHHH!

gbdawgs #140081 11/11/10 04:39 PM
C
bench
bench
C
dog,
What you have is a gender based conflict of interest. The cesa boys do not play ecnl or academy so odp will be the only other exposure outside of club games they will get.

c'mon man #140082 11/11/10 04:54 PM
B
brace
brace
B
And, FWIW, CESA is slowly losing some of its boys to Academy, eh?

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
sorry cmon,i wasn't clear. i was just talking about the girls side.

Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard