Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
D
The US Youth Soccer National League Under-15, Under-16 and Under-17 Boys teams will open the fourth season of league play Nov. 18-21 in Wilson, N.C. Three SC teams will compete:

Three time state champion CESA 93 Premier will compete against reigning Region II Champion and National Champion Grand Rapids Crew Juniors in their opening match. CESA 93 has five ODP Region III players (Walker Johnson, Reid Grayson, Kevin Fielden, Matthew Freeman, Raad Wullner) and a National Team player (Cole Seiler)

CESA 94 Premier (SC) have been the reigning South Carolina State Champion since 2008 and enter league play with three ODP Region III players (Austen Burnikel, Christian Calloway, Erik Clark) and Arthur Eggers in addition to being on the ODP Region III player is also a National Team player.

CESA 95 Premier (SC) is a two-time South Carolina State Champion.

http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/news/story.asp?story_id=5789

goal
goal
Which begs the question(s), what IS this US Youth Soccer National Weekend, what is it all about, and how the heck did those cesa 93, 94 and 95 boys do?

From the beginning, this 'National' get-together has appeared to me to be some sort of consolation prize for those clubs/teams who were not accepted into the Development Academy (although, there are some clubs who have teams in both).

The first weekend of play was the same weekend as CASL's College Showcase tournament (in fact, CASL co-hosts the National Weekend thing). In years past, the College Showcase tournament has been regarded as one of the more competitive tournaments in the east, with plenty of college coaches in attendance. Looking over this year's list of coaches, it does not appear overall to be as quality as it has in the past. Does anyone know the benefit of attending the National Weekend thing versus just attending the College Showcase? Or did they just move the top level from the showcase over to Wilson, thus making it a moot point? I see the benefit for CASL, at least; it looks like they figured out a way to make a lot more money. Other than that, it looks like USYS put their stamp of approval on it, CASL printed some new glossy brochures, and everyone started blowing smoke.

Moving along, here are the first National Weekend results:

cesa 93 premier went 0-4-0 (0 goals for, 8 goals against)
cesa 94 premier went 1-1-2 (2 goals for, 4 goals against)
cesa 95 premier went 0-4-0 (4 goals for, 12 goals against)

(is this the type of thing that was used to justify the 15% and 23% salary increase the last two years for cesa's 'leadership'?)

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Belligerent.....has your son aged out of Academy or is he on his way to Phoenix? Academy Showcase should be outstanding!!

S
kick off
kick off
S
My upstate cesa friends said that they had easily 40-50 coaches at there games (95 boys premier games).Having a win , loss and two ties is a pretty good showing. Also, the stud Moseley kid from Concorde played at the National League event in lieu of playing in the Academy games that same weekend. I checked myself and yes the Concorde kid did play in the National League event and has scored a few goals in the Academy league this season as well.The state seems to have two good options to choose from.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
At the CESA 93 Premier game on Thursday night there was every South Carolina Division 1 program(coach)in attendance except two along with many more coaches watching over the weekend. I was very impressed with the caliber of programs represented over the weekend. I know the Academy event in Phoenix will be well represented as well.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

My upstate cesa friends said that they had easily 40-50 coaches at there games (95 boys premier games).Having a win , loss and two ties is a pretty good showing. Also, the stud Moseley kid from Concorde played at the National League event in lieu of playing in the Academy games that same weekend. I checked myself and yes the Concorde kid did play in the National League event and has scored a few goals in the Academy league this season as well.The state seems to have two good options to choose from.

Thats illegal if what you say the Concorde kid did is true. You cannot be a registered Academy player and play anywhere else other than Academy, with the exception of high school.

My son plays Academy and he also played this Fall for PUFC, but his Academy registration was held until he had fulfilled his committment to his club team. Once you register Academy.....thats' it.

So something doesn't float with your statement.

M
brace
brace
M
Daddy, if Mom is referring to Concorde Fire of Atlanta then I would say the player was a developmental academy player. Such players may register with US Soccer Development Academy to play no more than 6 academy matches, which allows the player to also play his US Youth Soccer schedule. This can only be done when the player is playing a club sanctioned as a feeder for the academy program. Concorde Fire is such a club.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I was there. I didn't see 40-50 coaches all weekend.

B
brace
brace
B
Conversely, I counted that many at a single game yesterday in Phoenix. The day before I sat at a game surrounded by 4 affiliated with MLS Academies.
For what it's worth, many college coaches are on hand to CONFIRM, rather than discover. My sense is, they're working hard to be visible, with logo apparel and vehicles, as much as they're actively mining new prospects.

D
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
D
College Coaches attending CESA 93 Boys Premier Matches, USYS National League. On Thursday there were 50 coaches from 15 schools in attendance.

Clemson
Elon
Erskine
Francis Marion
Furman
High Point
Limestone
Pittsburg
Presbyterian
St. Louis
UNC-Charlotte
University of Chicago