Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Damaris Offline OP
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Quote:

Quote:

Xabi and Khedira are playmakers, not destroyers like Busquets or Javier. And we didn't start Xavi against Hercules--anyway, that was basically a pre-season game, since most of our team had just come back from y'know, winning the World Cup for Spain.

lol casillas won it againts robben.

if you think alonso is a playmaker, u prob think wayne rooney is the best striker in the world haha good ol fox soccer channel.

ozzil is top 5 in the world right now.

Casillas made two good saves in the final, but it's not him that's getting standing ovations when he plays league games now.

Rooney can go suck a dick that overrated twat. But on another note you might be right. Playmaker is kind of the wrong word, he's more like a metronome. But the point remains that while he tackles like he thinks he's still in EPL and every other player is Frank Lampard, he's not a DM who shuts down opposing attacks. That wasn't his job at Liverpool and it isn't now.

I like Ozil and I like the German NT and but he's not top five in the world and he's easy to physically mark out of a game.

Damaris Offline OP
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Quote:

Quote:

"Real Moudrid" eh, what happened to that glorious history?

Anyway, Madrid has good players, but I still think we have the better team. Madrid doesn't have any destroying DMs to break up the Messi-Villa-Pedro attack who are coming in off impeccable form, Dani Alves > Ramos (there, I said it. Ramos hasn't been his best form this season from what I've seen anyway.), and our midfield is still stronger. It won't be a blowout, but I think we'll win, 2-0 or 3-1. Who on Madrid would even break into our starting eleven? Cristiano and maybeeeeee Casillas, that's it.

"Dani Alves > Ramos."

you prob predicted that england was going to win the wc too haha

Ramos can only be compared to Maicon when speaking of greatness.

Alves? im only hoping you are joking, and that was a terrible joke.

ramos can only be compared to maicon is perhaps the greatest joke i have ever read. ramos wishes he could lick maicon's cleats.

Damaris #140626 11/29/10 03:41 AM
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Xabi and Khedira are playmakers, not destroyers like Busquets or Javier. And we didn't start Xavi against Hercules--anyway, that was basically a pre-season game, since most of our team had just come back from y'know, winning the World Cup for Spain.

lol casillas won it againts robben.

if you think alonso is a playmaker, u prob think wayne rooney is the best striker in the world haha good ol fox soccer channel.

ozzil is top 5 in the world right now.

Casillas made two good saves in the final, but it's not him that's getting standing ovations when he plays league games now.

Rooney can go suck a dick that overrated twat. But on another note you might be right. Playmaker is kind of the wrong word, he's more like a metronome. But the point remains that while he tackles like he thinks he's still in EPL and every other player is Frank Lampard, he's not a DM who shuts down opposing attacks. That wasn't his job at Liverpool and it isn't now.

I like Ozil and I like the German NT and but he's not top five in the world and he's easy to physically mark out of a game.

casillas only had 2 saves when robben made pique and puyol look worthless, i would've paid to see spain coming back with a 0-2 game.

epl players are just dumb when tackling, xavi is very good at it but never like Redondo, in fact, we will prob never have another defensive mid with the class and the style of el nene.

Redondo was the cleanest and classies center ever, he was the zidane of defensive mids.

are you sure you have seen a madrid game before? xavi is our defensive mid, he is not as wild as gatuzo, or as flashy as edgar davis, but yeah his job is to recover the ball, pass it to ronaldo, kaka or ozzil.

we will see what ozzil can do vs barca, so far hes been a top dog.

Club of the century.
Damaris #140627 11/29/10 03:44 AM
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"Real Moudrid" eh, what happened to that glorious history?

Anyway, Madrid has good players, but I still think we have the better team. Madrid doesn't have any destroying DMs to break up the Messi-Villa-Pedro attack who are coming in off impeccable form, Dani Alves > Ramos (there, I said it. Ramos hasn't been his best form this season from what I've seen anyway.), and our midfield is still stronger. It won't be a blowout, but I think we'll win, 2-0 or 3-1. Who on Madrid would even break into our starting eleven? Cristiano and maybeeeeee Casillas, that's it.

"Dani Alves > Ramos."

you prob predicted that england was going to win the wc too haha

Ramos can only be compared to Maicon when speaking of greatness.

Alves? im only hoping you are joking, and that was a terrible joke.

ramos can only be compared to maicon is perhaps the greatest joke i have ever read. ramos wishes he could lick maicon's cleats.

maicon is faster and smarter.

ramos seem to have more weapons with the ball at his feet, ramos can finish with the touch of a true striker.

both great players. as a defender ill take maicon, as a player i would take ramos, more complete.

alves is too weak, too far from those two.

Club of the century.
B
brace
brace
B
Maicon is faster and smarter?

The truth is, as great as he WAS, Maicon has lost a step, and his tiny weaknesses are revealed under Benitez, as opposed to Mourinho.
Gareth Bale ran circles around him for 180 minutes. And as good as Bale is, I was still embarassed for Maicon.
As for Ramos, his inadequacies as a defender are balanced off by his attacking skills.
They are two different very, very good players.

Backscreen17 #140629 11/29/10 10:29 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Just saw some of the highlights. As the announcer said, there isn't a gap between the two sides - there is a gulf! 5-0 Barca (and it wasn't that close).

Kyle Heise #140630 11/30/10 03:50 AM
world cup
world cup
Como se dice "beetch-slappin" en Espanol?!

Barca put on a clinic.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Hurst66 #140631 11/30/10 06:11 PM
Damaris Offline OP
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Well in the end it didn't matter what we said, the teams spoke for themselves. Glad for the lead over Madrid and it'll be interesting to see how they fare against Valencia. I'm excited for April already.

Damaris #140632 11/30/10 11:11 PM
corner kick
corner kick
yeah barca played better but like mourinho said, they won 3 points, they are "finished" product, madrid is in progress.

hoping when they play at madrid, higuain would be there.

Club of the century.
B
brace
brace
B
I wouldn't dare disagree with the Special One, at least not often, but:

When a club has so many great YOUNG players on hand to play/sell/parlay, how can you call them a finished product? There is a very real possibility that Barca is still "on the up," and that is scary.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard