Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Hold on, timeout. Are you talking this season? Or, history? You can't have it both ways.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

...don't get me wrong, Barcalona is good, but look at the teams they play. There are 2 GREAT teams in la Liga. The rest are from poor to decent. Its almost like the Serie A. All arsenal has to do is score 2 goals. They are hot right now, Van Persie, Nasri, Walcott, Fabregas, I could name the whole team.

You say that as if Valencia didn't bring it to Man Utd earlier this year. You say that as if Bilbao, Atletico and Villarreal are only "decent" teams. I guarantee those four teams would be able upset the power balance in the EPL. And obviously you've never seen Espanyol or their ilk park the bus against Barcelona--just because our wins look easy doesn't mean they are.

Also, the Serie A title race this year is just as exciting as the EPL one, if not more so. I'm pulling for Napoli personally.

Quote:

Why thank you Spaceman, point proven. The premier league is full of teams that are better than all but MAYBE 4 consistantly good teams. Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool (whether its a good season or not), Newcastle, Stoke City, Sunderland, Everton, Fulham...All of those teams are better than 90% of the the teams in La Liga.

You do know Atletico beat Liverpool and Fulham in the Europa league last year...right?

Last edited by Damaris; 02/18/11 05:07 AM.
kick off
kick off
Yes, teams have up and down years, my point is just that consistently there are 2 teams that run La Liga.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. -Roy Keane
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Exactly. EPL has 3 teams that "run" their league. About the same. Of 18 EPL titles, 17 to those 3 teams (11 to Manchester United, 3 to Arsenal and 3 to Chelsea). ALL European leagues are the same. A few teams at top, with money, who win.

But after that? No way EPL is stronger then Serie A and La Liga. The farther down you get, the more home grown players on teams. And, there is no comparison between Italian and Spanish players v English players. None. The history of the country's players developed and international success (or in case of the English, lack there of) backs that up.

kick off
kick off
No like seriously don't go look up stats just for your argument. Because Liverpool isn't good, Everton isn't good, Newcastle isn't good. Sure Lionel Messi snd Cristiano Ronaldo score tons of goals, but that is because there isn't much competition. Premier league: Alan Shearer, 260 goals in the premier league. Nationality: English. Andrew Cole, 187 goals in the premier league. Nationality: English. Robbie Fowler, Les Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, oh yeah and this kid named Michael Owen, Stephen Gerrard, John Terry, Wayne Rooney: All English. I guess English players aren't as good as spanish or italian...

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. -Roy Keane
Goal
Goal
If you're judging based on international competition...no, English players are not as good.

World Cup
World Cup

After watching the match twice now, I have to post this link to my "Man of the Match", Jack Wilshere - all 19 years of him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W8Ie4MyRX0

He definitely subscribes to the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid). His 1-2 touches are outstanding against the consensus "best team in the world"!

I found it funny that after the match he had to ask Cesc Fabregas for the jerseys of Messi and Xavi .

Up the Gunners!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard