Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Goal
Goal
L
looking for a payout/ROI from youth soccer?
don't think its the way things work in youth sports.
maybe your player can pay you back any shortfall. lol
and why all the complaining?
you could've played elsewhere....
just saying

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Again I ask- what was the purpose of going all the way out to Seattle? Were we not out there to get viewed by colleges from the west?

Otherwise, why go?

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Because they didn't have enough players. Everyone bailed from the previous team. Have to take good with the bad. Good local tournaments and bad long distance tournaments. Made a mistake of playing challenge last year and no coaches came to those tournaments. Team is supposed to go to Tenn. in june for regionals. Curious to see who bails on that.If I had to do it over again I would try to convince her to just do college camps and ODP from U17 and up.

corner kick
corner kick
Patriot,
You know what really sucks is going to all these faraway locations and nobody letting you drive the van.

Only time will tell
B
brace
brace
B
Purely my perspective ...

1) High school and club and/or Academy soccer coexist reasonably well where I am. Which means ...
2) There's no reason why they can't coexist reasonably well everywhere is SC, unless ...
3) The coach(es) of one or the other, or both, in any given circumstance are unreasonable. In which case, it's up to presumably rational parents (oxymoron?) to correct the problem.

Once ANY player, including well-trained and fit professionals, exceeds 50-or-so COMPETITIVE games in a calendar year, you disproportionately increase the risk of fatigue, injury, diminished returns, etc. And for what? If your child is good enough to warrant attention from colleges, 40-50 matches per year (as opposed to 60) will make absolutely no difference in the recruiting outcome.

Only an extremely selfish, money-grubbing coach will tell you otherwise.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Just cause I can't see over dashboard is no reason to deny me driving duties.

J
JAK Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
J
Quote:

Patriot,
You know what really sucks is going to all these faraway locations and nobody letting you drive the van.

Finally!!! A rational comment

brace
brace
My favorite part of the travel is where they say you have to stay in these hotels, then you call with one of the various discounts many of us get and you get a better rate???? Plus you get to these great places and have no time to do anything but go from hotel to field to hotel to field to well you get the picture

Have to echo the long season thing though as mando preseason conditioning started already so there was no real "END" of the season. Oh and the college show cases keep rolling right through spring.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Are you suggesting the host Club is getting a "kickback" from the hotels?

Really?

Naaahhhhhh!!!!!

That would not be right, would it????????

brace
brace
OH!!!!! is that why

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard