Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
It just makes no sense. South Aiken is the same team from last year. They went to State Finals in AAA. And I even looked up last year scores and Aiken got hammered by South Aiken.

bar25 #141353 03/01/11 01:53 PM
kick off
kick off
Quote:

It just makes no sense. South Aiken is the same team from last year. They went to State Finals in AAA. And I even looked up last year scores and Aiken got hammered by South Aiken.

That is why they play the game.

Don't Feed the Trolls!
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
I guess next time I wont expect as much from the big names in the region. Even though I still think Lexington has it

bar25 #141355 03/01/11 03:55 PM
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

I guess next time I wont expect as much from the big names in the region. Even though I still think Lexington has it

I highly doubt that Lexington is gonna win their region after seeing their scores of the Carolina Classic... They only won 1 game out of 4. They even lost to some teams I had never even heard of.. No I think either Aiken or South Aiken will win their region this year.

bar25 #141356 03/01/11 07:23 PM
kick off
kick off
Quote:

okay im getting frustrated with seeing post like this, south aiken is not as good as everyone things, yea they did great in 3A but guess what? they are no longer in 3A, South Akien is an extremely overated team, you cant look at preseason rankings and judge a team by that cause quite frankly preseason rankings are somewhat of a joke, the top 15 teams right now wont be op 15 at the end of the year, in fact i would be willing to guess that maybe only 8 of the teams in the top 15 right now will be there at the end. But the fact is Akien is an extremely good team, i watched them play and they are big,fast,and physical, and in my opinion they will probably win the region this year, i have south akien finishing 3rd or 4th in the region , If south akien wanted to win then they probably should of stayed in 3A

F
bench
bench
F
bar25, South Aiken did lose an important player from last year...the goalie, who was an exchange student and went back to Germany. They also lost a senior who is now playing at Newberry College, and 2 other seniors who contributed a lot to the team. So, while they still have a lot of the same players, they are not the same team. Aiken is very much the same team with a few players who have moved up from jv and a freshman, who will contribute a lot this year. While it's too soon to know who will win the region, I expect a lot of good games from Aiken. And South Aiken as well. Maybe you should catch one of the Hornets games, and see for yourself.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Really Benny? Because last time I saw, the top AAA teams looked like they could easily keep up with the best of AAAA, outside of Irmo and NW of coarse.

And Fan. No one from SA made all state last year which means to me that they couldnt have went from AAA finalist to not winning an easy tournament seems like something else is going wrong at South Aiken.

bar25 #141359 03/02/11 02:50 AM
G
kick off
kick off
G
It's not that anything has gone wrong at SA. Every starter is back for Aiken. Some good talent from JV moved up, and the freshman sensation at right back completed an already strong back line. Aiken is also in the third year of implementing a complicated formation change. Their players are finally figuring out how to play within their new system. Instead of looking for mistakes by other programs, consider the possibility that Aiken had just improved that much. They're a blue collar type of team. Hard work and great chemistry. Both traits can never be over rated.

G
kick off
kick off
G
You are right bar that there isn't much difference between 3A and 4A soccer in this state.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Quote:

okay im getting frustrated with seeing post like this, south aiken is not as good as everyone things, yea they did great in 3A but guess what? they are no longer in 3A, South Akien is an extremely overated team, you cant look at preseason rankings and judge a team by that cause quite frankly preseason rankings are somewhat of a joke, the top 15 teams right now wont be op 15 at the end of the year, in fact i would be willing to guess that maybe only 8 of the teams in the top 15 right now will be there at the end. But the fact is Akien is an extremely good team, i watched them play and they are big,fast,and physical, and in my opinion they will probably win the region this year, i have south akien finishing 3rd or 4th in the region , If south akien wanted to win then they probably should of stayed in 3A

2010 Massey Ratings Top 25 Teams
* 7 4A teams in Top 15
* 4 3A teams in Top 15
* 1 2A team in Top 15
* 2 1A teams in Top 15
* 1 SCISA team in Top 15

That is a pretty fair split between Class 4A and the rest of the classifications

4A - Irmo (1), Northwestern (2), Wando (4), Mauldin (7), Lexington (8), Fort Mill (11), Beaufort (12), West Ashley (18), Summerville (19), Dorman (21), Fort Dorchester (23), White Knoll (25)

3A - J.L. Mann (3), Riverside (6), Eastside (10), Chapin (13), South Aiken (16), North Myrtle Beach (20), Brookland-Cayce (22)

2A - Bishop England (15)

1A - Southside Christian (5), Christ Church (9)

SCISA - Cardinal Newman (14), Pinewood Prep (17), Hammond (24)

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard