OP Offline
bench
A
Females in Football
Daily Mail Online

My question is, "should a female be allowed to referee a men's match?"

Andy Gray & Richard Keys

Quote:

Yet more controversy on 22 January 2011 in an off-air exchange with Andy Gray on Sky Sports, where the pair were recorded making apparently sexist remarks about a female assistant referee, Sian Massey.[8] Keys commented that "Somebody better get down there and explain offside to her." Then, after Gray suggested that "Women don't know the offside rule", Keys remarked "Course they don’t. I can guarantee you there will be a big one today. Kenny (Liverpool manager Dalglish) will go potty. This isn’t the first time, is it? Didn’t we have one before?" Keys later said, "The game’s gone mad. Did you hear charming Karren Brady this morning complaining about sexism? Do me a favour, love."[9]

The remarks led to both Keys and Gray (who was subsequently sacked) being suspended by Sky Sports for the game between Bolton and Chelsea on 24th January 2011 and receiving a formal discipline, further explaining that the "comments were totally unacceptable" and "have been clearly warned about their behaviour and reminded of their responsibilities".

Sian Massey

world cup
world cup
She got the tough call right. She also moved very well down the line, just as fast as her bald-headed counterparts.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
brace
brace
B
Geez, with so many incompetent and self-important male officials in the EPL, why can't we include females in the mix? She did an OK job.

Goal
Goal
Would it be okay for a female to coach a male team?

throw in
throw in
It's funny because Andy Gray is one of the most pompous, overrated, uninformed commentators, and I'd like to see him make an offside call properly for once. Glad both of them got the sack, now maybe Sky will get some good people in. I'll be hoping for Ray Hudson, though I know that's nearly impossible.

B
brace
brace
B
Notsofast: Again, the world of sports is LOADED with incompetent, recycled male coaches. I say women deserve a chance to demonstrate their incompetence.

Kidding. Well, kind of.

Men coach women. Why shouldn't women coach men. I know that, in the NBDL, Nancy Lieberman is coaching men, and doing fine.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Quote:

...just as fast as her bald-headed counterparts.

I disagree with this comment...she moved faster than her bald-headed counterparts!

throw in
throw in
Whats this going to do for Andy Gray making money from his voice being on the FIFA games?

B
brace
brace
B
Gee, maybe we can get John Harkes or Eric Whine-alda.

Link Copied to Clipboard