Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Since I coach boys now I will tell you what I think...Wando still deserves to be #1 but I think Riverside gets the edge over Mauldin because they have more returning starters. I think Clover and Dorman are the next two teams. I can agree with the rankings after that.

And you will have to PM me to get me to say how Hanna will do!
3. Riverside
4. Lexington
5. Clover
6. South Aiken
7. Dorman
8. Dutch Fork
9. T.L. Hanna
10. West Ashley
11. Irmo
12. Spring Valley
13. Blythewood
14. Hillcrest
15. Spartanburg

CJ #141603 02/01/11 07:20 PM
world cup
world cup
Northwestern is a top-15 team this year. This is the best team the Lady Trojans will field since 2003.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
bench
bench
It will be interesting to see what Clover brings to the table. Other than adding one strong forward last year not sure how they will fill the spots vacated by the seniors.

brace
brace
Well based on the JV and middle school teams performance over last couple years, they may have a few players to draw on but I think they will lag well behind FM on up coming talent, in fact Nation Ford may have a better in coming group too. Still expect Clover to be solid but not sure they are getting by FM again this year!

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
I can't speak to where folks will be 2 years from now. I think Fort Mill, Clover and NaFo will take some time to re-calibrate as all three schools had significant graduation losses, in their own way.

But I think from a talent perspective this year Clover will be tough to beat up in this neck of the woods. They have one of the very best players in the state in Alissa Pantuosco (Clemson bound), as well as a solid group of juniors and seniors. They also had a couple of freshman last year who played significant roles who will be considerably better this year as sophomores.

There is talent at FM for sure. And NaFo too.....altho its A LOT younger. Once again we'll be an underclassmen driven team (only 1 senior....versus 3 last year).

But Clover to me is a here and now school. This is their year....and the pressure will be on them to get it done.

brace
brace
You are right that they will be much "younger" this year. FM will only be returning around 10 or half a team. On the plus side though is that I think most of the defenders are back, of cousre that also means most of the offense is gone. Guess we will have to see if the younger players can step up and add some new goal scoring to the mix. Will be good test for them to see if they can contain Clover this year, last year was a home and home win thing gotta think the FM girls are not going to want to be first to lose to Clover at home so they too will feel the pressure either way will be fun to watch again this year!

Last edited by The Chief; 02/02/11 06:50 PM.
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Sorry. Saw Alissa play. If thats all they got they in trouble. All flash, no foot. She was headed to UNC-G but coach left so maybe he took her with him. She did nothing for our team.

world cup
world cup
Patriot,

Beg to differ. Alissa can strike a ball. Saw your team play a few times this year and it was fairly obvious that she is one of the better players on your squad.

"If thats (sic) all they got...."

Let's talk in "club terms" because that seems to be the barometer of preference on these boards. Clover has the following:

A senior outside defender who plays the same position for CESA 92 Premier.
A junior center defender who plays the same position for CESA 93 Premier.
A senior center midfielder who plays the same position for CESA 92 Premier.
A junior center midfielder who plays the same position for CESA 94 Premier.

In addition the Lady Blue Eagles have three sophomores (two forwards and a center midfielder) who play for high-level classic teams in Charlotte.

Not a bad nucleus for a team from up in the farmlands of York County.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
kick off
kick off
BC High School? Shouldn't they be number 1?

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. -Roy Keane
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Hey it's Friday, help me out, BC High School?????

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard