Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Lexington will be playing against Cardinal Newman thursday feb. 17. Any ideas on whos gonna win? Lexington has a powerful squad this year, powerful enough to even head to state, and Cardinal Newman has a new addition to their squad (Nestor Jaramillo) to play along side Koty Millard. It's kinda hard to say whos gonna win for sure.

B
brace
brace
B
The match will hinge on Lexington's overall depth and ability to match Millard's work rate and Jaramillo's technical skill. If Lexington's mids allow themselves to be outworked, there's a very real chance CN will win.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Lexington 2 Cardinal Newman 0.

S
bench
bench
S
Lexington 2 Cardinal Newman 4

S
goal
goal
S
Considering it is early in the season I could see that happening. Although such a high scoring game would be a surprise. If my memory serves me right both teams have pretty good goalies. However, Nestor's scoring ability should be the difference. Those could very easily come off of Millard's passes. Who will make the goals for Lexington this year and how will there defense perform?

kick off
kick off
I think CN will win 2-1 , but it should be a very evenly matched game. Lexington has an overall more solid team but CN has a few players that can just completely take over a game. I am very familiar with Lexingtons team and players and they have some weakpoints in there defence and also lack a lot of pace , and they dont really have a star player, its more of a complete team of solid players that play well together, I think they will plow through the average and lower level teams but i think they will run into problems when they play a great team this year such as irmo, NW, or Wando. But all in all Lexingotn has a very good team this year and this should be there best shot to get to the finals in some time.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Ryan Freiburger is a heck of a player and can take over a game.

Goal
Goal
^absolutely

goal kick
goal kick
Soccer16, Freiburger can step up and score for Lexington as he has done the past two seasons. Not to mention Lexington's two starting forwards played in R3 Premier League along with half of the team.

G'd up from the feet up
J
bench
bench
J
didnt that premier team struggle to win one game?

goal kick
goal kick
Did I say they won a game? What premier team do you play for? How many premier defenses did you score on? And yeah they did struggle to win one game...but the two top teams in that league were 1 and 2 in the nation at times. So quit hating and "joga" a little more before you rag on teams that were better than yours.

G'd up from the feet up
S
goal
goal
S
Ryan is a good player. In my post I said I would be surprised by such a high scoring match but it is early in the season. Ultimately if all other areas are evenly matched and it comes down to offense between Ryan and Nestor my money is on Nestor to sneak one in. Was I politically correct enough with that hedge. I don't know what Lexington really has this year. Who is on defense and in goal? I'm not sure who CN has coming back on defense this year either. Pre-season....let the games begin!

kick off
kick off
yes half the team played on a premier team that did not win a single game the entire season, and i was not saying anything bad about Ryan in any way, i know him personally and have played on past teams with him, he is a very good midfielder, but its not so much because of his skill, he is a great player because of his workrate in a game, but he is the type of player that needs solid players around him to be successfull, and if you look at Nestor on the other hand, just look his freshman year he played with White Knoll and scored over 30 goals, He is a player that will just win regardless of his teamates, and now he is playing for a team with other good players,i think people forget how good this kid is becauce he didnt play last year, and also i want to add, lexington other problem is their fowards, they have none, they are loaded with solid midfielders, but dont have a true foward, and i know they have fowards but im talking about a great foward, Lexington is not as good as people think, they are good but not great, without Ryan on that team i dont think they could be considered a contender for lowerstate, but i do think they will make it to lowerstate this year, but i think they lose to Wando in it

kick off
kick off
Yea but they also lost and tied some poor challenge teams in some of the tournamnets they played in, and on top of that the team was full of players from all over the state not just lexington , and on top of that the only reason that team was as good as it was , because of their coach Allen Richies, without him that team would never be premier, and every player on that team would agree with that, and the point of that is Allen Richies is not coaching lexington, which is a big differnce because if you ask me lexingtons coach is a joke

P
bench
bench
P
I believe that the game will work in Lexingtons favor. Although their coach has not produced a state championship, he has shown that he can contend with the best (Irmo, Northwestern, and Wando). This coach also has tremendous respect from his players. I would be more than suprised if cardinal newman beat Lexington.

kick off
kick off
its not so much that i think their coach is horrible, just in my opinion with the talent lexington has had in the past years i feel that they should of been way more succesfull then what they have been, they have underperfomred in recent years, pretty soilid talent and nothing to show for it

Goal
Goal
^Wait a few years til that new HS opens up off of Corely Mill Road...Lexington's soccer will go down due to the rezoning.

bench
bench
Lexington's 3-0 win against Chapin could help them in picking up steam when they go to play Cardinal Newman on Thursday. From the score it doesn't seem Lexington had a problem scoring but it should be interesting to see how they play against some stronger defenses.

P
bench
bench
P
I don't really see them struggling to much this season. Their first 2 games will be against two of the strongest teams in the state, so if they can get past that then I would say that they will take it all this year. Cardinal Newman won't be to much of a problem (aside from the 2 players that they have that are actually good).

corner kick
corner kick
Coach Eudy will have his boys at Cardinal Newman ready to play. no doubt lexington'f Freiburger is a great player and makes things happen but one man cannot stop an entire team. Cardinal Newman has too many threats- Cody Millard, Nestor, Jono Cleary and not to forget their goalie Timmy Cunningham who has started the past 3 years and is on the top of his game. i think CN will come out on top 4-2

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
throw in
throw in
Lexington in a stroll, 3-0 or 4-1.

J
bench
bench
J
CN 4-0

goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
I heard that like 4 starters aren't going to be starting for Cardinal Newman today? That'll bring their chances down.. My guess is a tie 2-2

S
goal
goal
S
Are they still playing or does this time of year run into Winter Spring sports conflicts? Just want to know when the score comes out tonight. Who is out? That might help them if they can bring up little Cleary's and Millard's.

goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Yeah I think they have other sports playing like basketball. But they'll be back for the other games. But Koty Millard should play.

P
bench
bench
P
As long as Lexington is on top of their game I believe they should win pretty easy. CN does have some great players, but Lexington has very very good team chemistry.

S
goal
goal
S
Where is this game being played?

goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
At Lexington 7:30 pm

S
goal
goal
S
That probably doesn't pose well for CN. A bigger field and less players.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Lexington 0-2 Cardinal Newman

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

Lexington 0-2 Cardinal Newman

At the half

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Lexington 1-2 Cardinal Newman

Final

corner kick
corner kick
well done to coach eudy and the boys at Cardinal Newman pulling off a big win over Lexington, guess Freiburger couldnt do enough to pull out with a win..

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
kick off
kick off
Who scored the goals in the Cn 2-1 win over Lexington?

goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Koty Millard scored a PK and Thomas Touma scored the other one. Ryan Freiburger scored the only goal for Lexington.

bench
bench
cardinal newman-2 lexington-1.

LITTLE BOY!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard