Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#142300 02/16/11 07:56 PM
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
just curious on who you think is going to win it this year? obviously Pinewood has the last 6 years and Cardinal Newman has fallen short the past years to them, but i think this year CN will come out with the title.

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
GUCCI MANE #142301 02/18/11 02:32 AM
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
good win over lexington tonight from Cardinal Newman.
CN-2
Lexington-1

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
GUCCI MANE #142302 02/18/11 03:23 AM
kick off
kick off
Again this year. Honesty this is Pinewood's strongest team in recent years, with six starting seniors. Five with academy ball experience and a pool of young talent. Not this year CN, maybe next year.

BOOM #142303 02/18/11 04:13 PM
kick off
kick off
Quote:

Again this year. Honesty this is Pinewood's strongest team in recent years, with six starting seniors. Five with academy ball experience and a pool of young talent. Not this year CN, maybe next year.

I agree that CN may have some talented seniors coming back, but after the CN 2-1 win over Lexington, you have to start to think that maybe this isnt Pinewood's year, maybe this is CN year to win it all. CN has possibly the best foward and midfielder in the state. To go with that a solid team around them. Currently I give CN the edge over Pinewood. Also if you look at the two teams schedules Pinewood has a fairly easy schedule with exeption to 2 or 3 games, CN has quite a more dificult schedule in my opinion. Right now you have to think CN is better than Pinewood, Pinewood has done nothing as of this season. You cant judge their current squad on their good teams from past years.

BennyHampton #142304 02/18/11 11:20 PM
kick off
kick off
[quote I agree that CN may have some talented seniors coming back, but after the CN 2-1 win over Lexington, you have to start to think that maybe this isnt Pinewood's year, maybe this is CN year to win it all. CN has possibly the best foward and midfielder in the state. To go with that a solid team around them. Currently I give CN the edge over Pinewood. Also if you look at the two teams schedules Pinewood has a fairly easy schedule with exeption to 2 or 3 games, CN has quite a more dificult schedule in my opinion. Right now you have to think CN is better than Pinewood, Pinewood has done nothing as of this season. You cant judge their current squad on their good teams from past years.

One scrimmage between CN/Lexington has nothing to do with Pinewood success. That statement is a leap of faith. Was this the argument the past seven years. Along with quality players ,PP has the most important intangible "TRADITION", which breed success. PP schedule is second to none in SCISA, 3 tournaments (Carolina Classic, Airport Tournament, and Palmetto Cup)

BOOM #142305 02/19/11 02:59 AM
kick off
kick off
Soccer Talk chill man, i am completely neutral in this, i dont go to eaither of these schools, nor do i have any ties to eaither, all im saying is Pinewood is probably a little cocky from the past years, and if you watched the game like i did you would see that CN looked rather good, and not only that but its their first schrimage of the year, they are only going to get better from here,no disrispect to Pinewood, just teams get overrated all the time from past years, i know they were good last year, but are they good this year? and even if they are good, its going to take a hole lot more than good to beat the team i saw play lexington the other day, just saying

BennyHampton #142306 02/19/11 06:29 PM
bench
bench
How many starters were lost from each team?

resolute #142307 02/20/11 05:45 PM
kick off
kick off
Quote:

How many starters were lost from each team?

Pinewood lost 1 starting senior, basically it is the same team with more maturity, experience and talent.

Last edited by SoccerTalk; 02/20/11 06:53 PM.
BOOM #142308 02/20/11 06:28 PM
kick off
kick off
Pinewood is the same team as last year, CN is not, thats exactly why i think CN will take Pinewood this year, Pinewood hasnt improved, dont give me that bull crap of they have all improved, High School players dont improve that much year to year, they pretty much remain the same, they dont really improve untill the college years if they play, but basicaly Pinewood will be the same as last year, you can not say the same about CN , they are much better this year than last year, if you seriously think that pinewood shouldnt be worried than your just beeing a bias pinewood fan, Lexington is a really good team, lexington will be playing in the lowerstate finals against Wando this year, and CN just beat that team, Pinewood should def. be worried

BennyHampton #142309 02/20/11 06:51 PM
kick off
kick off
Quote:

High School players dont improve that much year to year, they pretty much remain the same, they dont really improve untill the college years if they play, but basicaly Pinewood will be the same as last year,

Apparently that is all you watch is high school. A student of the fair old game would understand player development, 4 senior players, play academy soccer, 3 of which have signed National Letters Intent to play college soccer (U of SC, U of Central Florida and Erskine College). And a fifth played academy last year. Again, TRADITION.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard