Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
oldballs25 #142320 02/23/11 01:24 PM
kick off
kick off
stop saying 7 in a row bull, really obviously if a team wins 7 state championships in a row its more of lesser competition than Pinewood beeing that good, if pinewood wins a state championship that just meens they were better than CN that year, put irmo , n.western,s.akien,akien,lexingont in there league and you know how many state championships they would have right now a big 0 , Pinewood is like Boise State, they think they are better than they are because of there easy schedule, but the fact is they are just an average team on the big scale of all the teams in S.C, in 4A they would probably finished the season ranked somewere in the 10th-15th spot, Pinewood is far from unbeatable, and 2 of the best players in the state play for CN, by the way do you know what colleges are looking at those two players, their a lot bigger than S.carolina,central florida, and erskin, CN should beat Pinewood by two goals,2-0 , or 3-1 , it wont be a close game , how can pinewood talk so much because of 7 state champion ships they won in the past, i get it, but look at their current season, they only beat a mediocre stratford team 1-0, so start talking when Pinewood actually beats a talented team, and i doubt their Wando game will be to close, i have Wando taking it by 2 or 3 or more

BennyHampton #142321 02/23/11 02:44 PM
O
bench
bench
O
I never made the argument that pinewood would win 7 in 4A. It's tough to compare schools with 3000 kids to a school with 200..That being said the argument i was making had to do with pinewoods record in their classification, the same classification that cardinal newman plays in. What i find amazing is that pinewood has managed to win state championships for so long that no member of the first championship team was around to see it(which is crazy because a 7th grader was on that team), also i find it very promising on the part of pinewood knowing that the past two years it was CN who left without a state ring..in response to your question, "how can pinewood talk so much?" I don't know that they have to, 7(in terms of consective championships) is fairly convincing on its own. Another thing that bothers me about your rant benny is your attacks on players who have signed to play in college.Whether you deem ucf, usc, or erskine to be good soccer schools is your opinion(usc, and ucf are D1) but to call out players is kinda messed up. At the end of the day they are playing college soccer, which is likely more than you will ever be able to say. Like i said earlier, this argument is made every year but until cardinal newman wins state it will be little more than banter from pissed off CN fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6bvHEUWoQI

http://www.live5news.com/global/story.asp?s=12451973

"there's trickery afoot"

ps:benny your opening line makes you look pretty dumb..."obviously if a team wins 7 state championships in a row its more of lesser competition than Pinewood beeing that good." and the lesser competition they keep beating would be...

BennyHampton #142322 02/23/11 02:52 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Pinewood is like Boise State, they think they are better than they are because of there easy schedule, but the fact is they are just an average team on the big scale of all the teams in S.C, in 4A they would probably finished the season ranked somewere in the 10th-15th spot, Pinewood is far from unbeatable, and 2 of the best players in the state play for CN, by the way do you know what colleges are looking at those two players, their a lot bigger than S.carolina,central florida, and erskin, CN should beat Pinewood by two goals,2-0 , or 3-1 , it wont be a close game

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

SCISA has some very good teams, especially in the AAA Classification:

2010 All-Class Ratings
#14 Cardinal Newman
#17 Pinewood Prep
#24 Hammond
#56 Porter-Gaud
#59 Heathwood Hall

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=hssb&sub=SC&yr=2010

Kyle Heise #142323 02/23/11 03:10 PM
W
goal
goal
W
I agree with kyle here. Benny you have no clue what you are talking about. Please stop pleading the CN case. If you are so sure that PP/SCISA is so weak please PM me and we can arrange a match. I am sure Temoc/PP would accomodate such a request as well.

Kyle Heise #142324 02/23/11 03:12 PM
B
brace
brace
B
Between us guys ...
Wando 3-1 Pinewood Prep.
The teams traded PKs before Wando scored 2 from the run of play. Could/should Wando have won by a bigger margin? Arguably, yes, as Coach Tisdale played approximately 30 kids. Still, there were long stretches when the game had the look and feel of a 1-goal game. Indeed, it was 2-1 until midway through the second half.

Backscreen17 #142325 02/23/11 05:13 PM
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Pinewood gets waxed by Wando.. lets see how they fare in this years 2011 Palmetto Cup

let me re-phrase it then... Pinewood loses to Wando 3-1.

Last edited by GUCCI MANE; 02/23/11 05:30 PM.

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
GUCCI MANE #142326 02/23/11 05:18 PM
B
brace
brace
B
Don't believe I referred to it as a waxing. Besides, in the world of high school soccer, 3-1 is hardly a "waxing."

Backscreen17 #142327 02/23/11 09:36 PM
W
goal
goal
W
Ahh the memories oldballs. Thanks for posting. Great flash back. But there is good reason my eyes are in the front of my and not the back!

Will Eudy #142328 02/24/11 12:15 AM
goal kick
goal kick
wow! i had never seen that indirect kick taken... very impressive!

By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.
Cesc_Fabregas #142329 02/24/11 08:11 AM
kick off
kick off
Fist off i am not disrespecting any players, saying a player isnt as good as another player is not an insult in eaither way, its a fact, saying a kid that plays for LA Galaxy is worse than a Kid that plays for Liverpool is not an insult in any way, its a fact, and come on,
REALLY?

#14 Cardinal Newman
#17 Pinewood Prep
#24 Hammond
#56 Porter-Gaud
#59 Heathwood Hall
you cant be seriously clasifiing Hammon, Porter-Gaud, and Heathwood Hall as good teams, CN and Pinewood yes both are solid teams, but those other three should not be ranked at all, i dont know how you can honestly think they are good, those teams arnt even average, they are below average,

point proven, if thats the 5 best teams in the league then the league is not very good, Honestly SCISA as a total probably would go imbatween 2A and 3A, and also all im saying is that the state championships Pinewood have been racking up really dont have all that much meaning, they have a bunch of state titles against avarage teams,making pinewood above average at best, congradulations on beeing above average, seriously think about it trade Irmo and Pinewood, Irmo would have god knows how many state titles right now, id say over 10 strait, that wouldnt make them better because all the titles would be against lesser teams, and please dont say im attacking high school athletes, they are usually 16-18 years old im sure they can take some critism,

and come on yes irmo has more kids to pick from but Pinewood is able to play their players (scholorships) , so id say its fairly equal playing field,

come on guys , i think some people are beeing a little naive, all im saying is the SCISA overall is average, which includes the unstopbable 7 time defending state champs, Pinewood is not that good this year, what can you show that they are so good this year?
they beat stratford 1-0 , yes i agree this team is definatly ready to win state this year , what am i thinking, looking at a teams current form, i should be like yall and look at their form of Pinewood from last year , and the year before cause that will definatly show me how good they are this year.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard