Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#142300 02/16/11 07:56 PM
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
just curious on who you think is going to win it this year? obviously Pinewood has the last 6 years and Cardinal Newman has fallen short the past years to them, but i think this year CN will come out with the title.

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
GUCCI MANE #142301 02/18/11 02:32 AM
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
good win over lexington tonight from Cardinal Newman.
CN-2
Lexington-1

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
GUCCI MANE #142302 02/18/11 03:23 AM
kick off
kick off
Again this year. Honesty this is Pinewood's strongest team in recent years, with six starting seniors. Five with academy ball experience and a pool of young talent. Not this year CN, maybe next year.

BOOM #142303 02/18/11 04:13 PM
kick off
kick off
Quote:

Again this year. Honesty this is Pinewood's strongest team in recent years, with six starting seniors. Five with academy ball experience and a pool of young talent. Not this year CN, maybe next year.

I agree that CN may have some talented seniors coming back, but after the CN 2-1 win over Lexington, you have to start to think that maybe this isnt Pinewood's year, maybe this is CN year to win it all. CN has possibly the best foward and midfielder in the state. To go with that a solid team around them. Currently I give CN the edge over Pinewood. Also if you look at the two teams schedules Pinewood has a fairly easy schedule with exeption to 2 or 3 games, CN has quite a more dificult schedule in my opinion. Right now you have to think CN is better than Pinewood, Pinewood has done nothing as of this season. You cant judge their current squad on their good teams from past years.

BennyHampton #142304 02/18/11 11:20 PM
kick off
kick off
[quote I agree that CN may have some talented seniors coming back, but after the CN 2-1 win over Lexington, you have to start to think that maybe this isnt Pinewood's year, maybe this is CN year to win it all. CN has possibly the best foward and midfielder in the state. To go with that a solid team around them. Currently I give CN the edge over Pinewood. Also if you look at the two teams schedules Pinewood has a fairly easy schedule with exeption to 2 or 3 games, CN has quite a more dificult schedule in my opinion. Right now you have to think CN is better than Pinewood, Pinewood has done nothing as of this season. You cant judge their current squad on their good teams from past years.

One scrimmage between CN/Lexington has nothing to do with Pinewood success. That statement is a leap of faith. Was this the argument the past seven years. Along with quality players ,PP has the most important intangible "TRADITION", which breed success. PP schedule is second to none in SCISA, 3 tournaments (Carolina Classic, Airport Tournament, and Palmetto Cup)

BOOM #142305 02/19/11 02:59 AM
kick off
kick off
Soccer Talk chill man, i am completely neutral in this, i dont go to eaither of these schools, nor do i have any ties to eaither, all im saying is Pinewood is probably a little cocky from the past years, and if you watched the game like i did you would see that CN looked rather good, and not only that but its their first schrimage of the year, they are only going to get better from here,no disrispect to Pinewood, just teams get overrated all the time from past years, i know they were good last year, but are they good this year? and even if they are good, its going to take a hole lot more than good to beat the team i saw play lexington the other day, just saying

BennyHampton #142306 02/19/11 06:29 PM
bench
bench
How many starters were lost from each team?

resolute #142307 02/20/11 05:45 PM
kick off
kick off
Quote:

How many starters were lost from each team?

Pinewood lost 1 starting senior, basically it is the same team with more maturity, experience and talent.

Last edited by SoccerTalk; 02/20/11 06:53 PM.
BOOM #142308 02/20/11 06:28 PM
kick off
kick off
Pinewood is the same team as last year, CN is not, thats exactly why i think CN will take Pinewood this year, Pinewood hasnt improved, dont give me that bull crap of they have all improved, High School players dont improve that much year to year, they pretty much remain the same, they dont really improve untill the college years if they play, but basicaly Pinewood will be the same as last year, you can not say the same about CN , they are much better this year than last year, if you seriously think that pinewood shouldnt be worried than your just beeing a bias pinewood fan, Lexington is a really good team, lexington will be playing in the lowerstate finals against Wando this year, and CN just beat that team, Pinewood should def. be worried

BennyHampton #142309 02/20/11 06:51 PM
kick off
kick off
Quote:

High School players dont improve that much year to year, they pretty much remain the same, they dont really improve untill the college years if they play, but basicaly Pinewood will be the same as last year,

Apparently that is all you watch is high school. A student of the fair old game would understand player development, 4 senior players, play academy soccer, 3 of which have signed National Letters Intent to play college soccer (U of SC, U of Central Florida and Erskine College). And a fifth played academy last year. Again, TRADITION.

BOOM #142310 02/21/11 03:52 AM
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
nestor and Koty will bend pinewood over this year, hop off Pinewood's package. sure they got academy players. and college signees. just because you are not signed to play at college does not mean your not as good as those who are. Cardinal Newman's work rate is beyond the norm. Beebe is the only legit college signee you have anyways. justin white who signed with UCF is a joke and the erskine signee is alright. other than that pinewood is nothing special

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
GUCCI MANE #142311 02/21/11 12:51 PM
kick off
kick off
Good to see things returning to normal around here

Don't Feed the Trolls!
BOOM #142312 02/21/11 03:21 PM
kick off
kick off
Quote:

Quote:

High School players dont improve that much year to year, they pretty much remain the same, they dont really improve untill the college years if they play, but basicaly Pinewood will be the same as last year,

Apparently that is all you watch is high school. A student of the fair old game would understand player development, 4 senior players, play academy soccer, 3 of which have signed National Letters Intent to play college soccer (U of SC, U of Central Florida and Erskine College). And a fifth played academy last year. Again, TRADITION.

Central Florida and Erkskin are not very impresive, no offence, just a lot of high schoolers can play for those colleges its not like those are the elite, but about the player development, players really dont improve that much age 16-18, they stay about the same, and by the way a player from Lexington (Ryan), has a scholorship to play for USC, and they couldnt beat CN, just becaues you have 4 acadamy players dosnt meen your a good team, your to caught up on titles and reputation, "we got acadamy players", onnly one of the acadamy players is someone i would consider a very good player, the others are just avarage to me, but drop the tradition bull , i dont care about Pinewoods tradition, because they have tridationaly one state the past few years , but guess what? , that tradition should and most likely will end this year when Pinewood faces CN, Pinewood doesnt have one player on the same level as Nestor, and millard, and the rest of the team is very soilid, and good enough to beat anyteam they play, sorry i offended the great Pinewood traditions, and stop acting like Pinewood is so great, they have dominated an easy league with exeption to CN, put Pinewood in 4A and see how many state championships they win? wont be many

BennyHampton #142313 02/22/11 12:14 AM
kick off
kick off
Gicce Mane and BennyHampton I can tell by your narratives that your scholarship achievements are limited. So I will give both of you a pass. Intellectual communication on the thread is not inspiring nor is it educational. Read, watch and study!!! Personal attacks on young adults are unprofessional and shows a lack of respect for the game.

Fact, Pinewood is the seven time SCISA state champion.

Fact, Pinewood has defeated CN the last two years in the state game.

Fact, Every year the argument is the same. CN will defeat Pinewood, but it never happens.

Last edited by SoccerTalk; 02/22/11 12:46 AM.
BOOM #142314 02/22/11 02:44 PM
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Fact, Pinewood blows this year...

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
BOOM #142315 02/22/11 03:07 PM
kick off
kick off
Quote:

Gicce Mane and BennyHampton I can tell by your narratives that your scholarship achievements are limited. So I will give both of you a pass. Intellectual communication on the thread is not inspiring nor is it educational. Read, watch and study!!! Personal attacks on young adults are unprofessional and shows a lack of respect for the game.

Fact, Pinewood is the seven time SCISA state champion.

Fact, Pinewood has defeated CN the last two years in the state game.

Fact, Every year the argument is the same. CN will defeat Pinewood, but it never happens.

Yes, Pinewood is the seven time SCISA state champion (big deal), there is only two good teams in the SCISA, beeing state champion in the SCISA doesn't meen all that much,

Yes, Pinewood has defeated CN the last two years in the state game, only problem with that argument is this is high school the teams change every year, you may have been better the past two years but you are not this year,

Yes , that argument is made a lot, but CN did not have nestor last time that argument was mad,

Pinewood is not all that great, they have to pay players (scholorships) to get even a decent team on the field, and still that team would not do very well against the top 4A and 3A teams, i would rate pinewood about with a gilbert maybe, if that

I agree Pinewood blows, but luckily erskin, and central florida are looking strong to win some National Championships with the added Pinewood power

BennyHampton #142316 02/22/11 03:29 PM
goal kick
goal kick
Fact Pinewood won state 2010.... 2010. 2010. 2010. 2010. 2010. 2010.
2011 is a different story.. CN has two of the best players on the state. Who does Pinewood have????????? Don't know.. Don't care. Pinewood will probably head to state with their "tradition" and "talent" and CN will head their as well and most likely easily defeat Pinewood as easily as they defeated Lexington.

SJE Soccer Pro #142317 02/22/11 04:04 PM
B
brace
brace
B
What a ridiculous thread!

Both teams have very good players. Why not wait and let them sort it out on the pitch?

Backscreen17 #142318 02/22/11 04:30 PM
W
goal
goal
W
Agreed. PP is a top team regardless of classification period. Seven in a row stands by itself.

Will Eudy #142319 02/22/11 10:34 PM
O
bench
bench
O
this exact argument is made every year. People from the columbia area claim that cardinal newman has "their best team ever" and that there is "no way pinewood will win state again." Thus far pinewood has yet to fall to the "great team" that is cardinal newman, and with pinewood losing but one starter i find it hard to believe this will be the year. I am almost certain that this year will shape up to be another PP and CN final, but as coach eudy said, seven in a row stands by itself

oldballs25 #142320 02/23/11 01:24 PM
kick off
kick off
stop saying 7 in a row bull, really obviously if a team wins 7 state championships in a row its more of lesser competition than Pinewood beeing that good, if pinewood wins a state championship that just meens they were better than CN that year, put irmo , n.western,s.akien,akien,lexingont in there league and you know how many state championships they would have right now a big 0 , Pinewood is like Boise State, they think they are better than they are because of there easy schedule, but the fact is they are just an average team on the big scale of all the teams in S.C, in 4A they would probably finished the season ranked somewere in the 10th-15th spot, Pinewood is far from unbeatable, and 2 of the best players in the state play for CN, by the way do you know what colleges are looking at those two players, their a lot bigger than S.carolina,central florida, and erskin, CN should beat Pinewood by two goals,2-0 , or 3-1 , it wont be a close game , how can pinewood talk so much because of 7 state champion ships they won in the past, i get it, but look at their current season, they only beat a mediocre stratford team 1-0, so start talking when Pinewood actually beats a talented team, and i doubt their Wando game will be to close, i have Wando taking it by 2 or 3 or more

BennyHampton #142321 02/23/11 02:44 PM
O
bench
bench
O
I never made the argument that pinewood would win 7 in 4A. It's tough to compare schools with 3000 kids to a school with 200..That being said the argument i was making had to do with pinewoods record in their classification, the same classification that cardinal newman plays in. What i find amazing is that pinewood has managed to win state championships for so long that no member of the first championship team was around to see it(which is crazy because a 7th grader was on that team), also i find it very promising on the part of pinewood knowing that the past two years it was CN who left without a state ring..in response to your question, "how can pinewood talk so much?" I don't know that they have to, 7(in terms of consective championships) is fairly convincing on its own. Another thing that bothers me about your rant benny is your attacks on players who have signed to play in college.Whether you deem ucf, usc, or erskine to be good soccer schools is your opinion(usc, and ucf are D1) but to call out players is kinda messed up. At the end of the day they are playing college soccer, which is likely more than you will ever be able to say. Like i said earlier, this argument is made every year but until cardinal newman wins state it will be little more than banter from pissed off CN fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6bvHEUWoQI

http://www.live5news.com/global/story.asp?s=12451973

"there's trickery afoot"

ps:benny your opening line makes you look pretty dumb..."obviously if a team wins 7 state championships in a row its more of lesser competition than Pinewood beeing that good." and the lesser competition they keep beating would be...

BennyHampton #142322 02/23/11 02:52 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Pinewood is like Boise State, they think they are better than they are because of there easy schedule, but the fact is they are just an average team on the big scale of all the teams in S.C, in 4A they would probably finished the season ranked somewere in the 10th-15th spot, Pinewood is far from unbeatable, and 2 of the best players in the state play for CN, by the way do you know what colleges are looking at those two players, their a lot bigger than S.carolina,central florida, and erskin, CN should beat Pinewood by two goals,2-0 , or 3-1 , it wont be a close game

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

SCISA has some very good teams, especially in the AAA Classification:

2010 All-Class Ratings
#14 Cardinal Newman
#17 Pinewood Prep
#24 Hammond
#56 Porter-Gaud
#59 Heathwood Hall

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=hssb&sub=SC&yr=2010

Kyle Heise #142323 02/23/11 03:10 PM
W
goal
goal
W
I agree with kyle here. Benny you have no clue what you are talking about. Please stop pleading the CN case. If you are so sure that PP/SCISA is so weak please PM me and we can arrange a match. I am sure Temoc/PP would accomodate such a request as well.

Kyle Heise #142324 02/23/11 03:12 PM
B
brace
brace
B
Between us guys ...
Wando 3-1 Pinewood Prep.
The teams traded PKs before Wando scored 2 from the run of play. Could/should Wando have won by a bigger margin? Arguably, yes, as Coach Tisdale played approximately 30 kids. Still, there were long stretches when the game had the look and feel of a 1-goal game. Indeed, it was 2-1 until midway through the second half.

Backscreen17 #142325 02/23/11 05:13 PM
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Pinewood gets waxed by Wando.. lets see how they fare in this years 2011 Palmetto Cup

let me re-phrase it then... Pinewood loses to Wando 3-1.

Last edited by GUCCI MANE; 02/23/11 05:30 PM.

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
GUCCI MANE #142326 02/23/11 05:18 PM
B
brace
brace
B
Don't believe I referred to it as a waxing. Besides, in the world of high school soccer, 3-1 is hardly a "waxing."

Backscreen17 #142327 02/23/11 09:36 PM
W
goal
goal
W
Ahh the memories oldballs. Thanks for posting. Great flash back. But there is good reason my eyes are in the front of my and not the back!

Will Eudy #142328 02/24/11 12:15 AM
goal kick
goal kick
wow! i had never seen that indirect kick taken... very impressive!

By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.
Cesc_Fabregas #142329 02/24/11 08:11 AM
kick off
kick off
Fist off i am not disrespecting any players, saying a player isnt as good as another player is not an insult in eaither way, its a fact, saying a kid that plays for LA Galaxy is worse than a Kid that plays for Liverpool is not an insult in any way, its a fact, and come on,
REALLY?

#14 Cardinal Newman
#17 Pinewood Prep
#24 Hammond
#56 Porter-Gaud
#59 Heathwood Hall
you cant be seriously clasifiing Hammon, Porter-Gaud, and Heathwood Hall as good teams, CN and Pinewood yes both are solid teams, but those other three should not be ranked at all, i dont know how you can honestly think they are good, those teams arnt even average, they are below average,

point proven, if thats the 5 best teams in the league then the league is not very good, Honestly SCISA as a total probably would go imbatween 2A and 3A, and also all im saying is that the state championships Pinewood have been racking up really dont have all that much meaning, they have a bunch of state titles against avarage teams,making pinewood above average at best, congradulations on beeing above average, seriously think about it trade Irmo and Pinewood, Irmo would have god knows how many state titles right now, id say over 10 strait, that wouldnt make them better because all the titles would be against lesser teams, and please dont say im attacking high school athletes, they are usually 16-18 years old im sure they can take some critism,

and come on yes irmo has more kids to pick from but Pinewood is able to play their players (scholorships) , so id say its fairly equal playing field,

come on guys , i think some people are beeing a little naive, all im saying is the SCISA overall is average, which includes the unstopbable 7 time defending state champs, Pinewood is not that good this year, what can you show that they are so good this year?
they beat stratford 1-0 , yes i agree this team is definatly ready to win state this year , what am i thinking, looking at a teams current form, i should be like yall and look at their form of Pinewood from last year , and the year before cause that will definatly show me how good they are this year.

BennyHampton #142330 02/24/11 01:05 PM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Coach Eudy - thanks for the class you have shown during this thread. It is refreshing.

BennyHampton - how long have you been working on English as a second language? I felt like I was reading a menu from a PoFolks restaurant.

PoFolks Restaurant

BennyHampton #142331 02/24/11 02:44 PM
B
brace
brace
B
I guess the best way to put this is ...
Pinewood has a handful of kids who would play significant roles and/or start for most (if not all) public schools in the state. Realistically, that quality does not spread throughout the entire roster, or even the starting lineup. Still, Pinewood is capable of beating a lot of programs.
My guess is, you can say the same of Cardinal Newman.
Now, I don't necessarily buy into the type of ranking posted above. But if I did, I'd say that a #24 ranking would seem to imply that SOMEBODY thinks Hammond is among the upper third of all SC High School programs, regardless of enrollment.

BennyHampton #142332 02/24/11 02:52 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

you cant be seriously clasifiing Hammon, Porter-Gaud, and Heathwood Hall as good teams, CN and Pinewood yes both are solid teams, but those other three should not be ranked at all, i dont know how you can honestly think they are good, those teams arnt even average, they are below average, point proven, if thats the 5 best teams in the league then the league is not very good, Honestly SCISA as a total probably would go imbatween 2A and 3A, and also all im saying is that the state championships Pinewood have been racking up really dont have all that much meaning, they have a bunch of state titles against avarage teams,making pinewood above average at best, congradulations on beeing above average, seriously think about it trade Irmo and Pinewood, Irmo would have god knows how many state titles right now, id say over 10 strait, that wouldnt make them better because all the titles would be against lesser teams, and please dont say im attacking high school athletes, they are usually 16-18 years old im sure they can take some critism,

and come on yes irmo has more kids to pick from but Pinewood is able to play their players (scholorships) , so id say its fairly equal playing field,

come on guys , i think some people are beeing a little naive, all im saying is the SCISA overall is average, which includes the unstopbable 7 time defending state champs, Pinewood is not that good this year, what can you show that they are so good this year?
they beat stratford 1-0 , yes i agree this team is definatly ready to win state this year , what am i thinking, looking at a teams current form, i should be like yall and look at their form of Pinewood from last year , and the year before cause that will definatly show me how good they are this year.

These are the teams "sandwiched" around the SCISA teams listed for the 2010 Massey Ratings:

#13 Chapin, 3A
#14 CARDINAL NEWMAN
#15 Bishop England, 2A

#16 South Aiken, 3A (now 4A)
#17 HAMMOND
#18 West Ashley, 4A

#23 Fort Dorchester, 4A
#24 HAMMOND
#25 White Knoll, 4A

#55 Walhalla, 2A (now 3A)
#56 PORTER-GAUD
#57 Berea, 3A

#58 Covenant Central, IND
#59 HEATHWOOD HALL
#60 Greenville Home School, IND

Kyle Heise #142333 02/24/11 03:18 PM
W
goal
goal
W
Backscreen-

Hammond is a top 1/3 soccer program in sc, absolutely. They have had quality players and pinasco is a very good coach.

PP, CN , and Hammond have been able to play with anyone in SC over the last 5-7 years. If you dont believe me check the results.

Last edited by Will Eudy; 02/24/11 03:38 PM.
Will Eudy #142334 02/24/11 03:21 PM
B
brace
brace
B
I'm with you, Will. I know the kids, coaches and teams.

BennyHampton #142335 02/24/11 03:53 PM
O
bench
bench
O
i'm not sure of the number of students that CN has but as far as PP goes they would be in the smaller portion of 2a. not 3a at all, so again comparing irmo(4a) is a little extreme. Also as far as your argument involving scholarship money, i believe what you are referring to is financial aid offered to families with lower incomes. A private school education can open many doors for an individual and schools aren't going to soil themselves or their reputation by simply giving money to athletes. No private school is willing to do this, not PP,not CN, not any other school mentioned on this thread.So your argument that "scholarships" level the playing field is erroneous(i am nearly certain you don't know what this word means, but basically you are wrong)Again not saying pp is unstoppable by any means, but with one starting senior lost from last years lineup, yes you probably should look at their form from last year.

oldballs25 #142336 02/24/11 04:15 PM
B
brace
brace
B
Pinewood Prep does offer substantial financial aid to certain students -- athletes among them. How do I know this? Because I was told as much by the parents of two former basketball players at the school (one girl, one boy).
At many private schools, financial aid to student-athletes accomplishes two worthy goals: 1) It supports students whose public school options are atrocious; 2) It enhances racial/ethnic diversity in a student population.
The reality is that Pinewood (like Porter-Gaud and others in the Lowcountry) recruits and financially supports student-athletes, many of whom help the school achieve the worthy goal of racial/ethnic diversity in the student body. For that matter, so has Bishop England (at least, historically), which is why a case can be made that it has an unfair advantage vs. SCHSL opposition.
Because of the nature of this site, it serves no purpose for me to "name names," but please, please, don't try to tell us Pinewood doesn't effectively recruit and financially support student-athletes. Because it just ain't true.
Now, the question here is: Does that level the playing field vs. larger-enrollment public school opponents? I would argue that it does, particularly in sports such as basketball, where one or two key players can make a monumental difference. Otherwise, aside from the genius of Pat Eidson and John Pearson, how have Pinewood Prep and Porter-Gaud historically achieved such a high profile in boys' basketball?

Backscreen17 #142337 02/24/11 04:19 PM
B
brace
brace
B
To continue, I personally have NO problem with PRIVATE schools in PRIVATE school leagues doing these things. I'm not wild about the Bishop England two-step, but that's a separate issue. Also, it bothers me not one iota that public and private schools face each other, because regardless of how/why kids matriculate at any given school, the goal of interscholastic competition is the "learning" environment provided by hard, clean competition.

Backscreen17 #142338 02/24/11 04:51 PM
goal
goal
Quote:

To continue, I personally have NO problem with PRIVATE schools in PRIVATE school leagues doing these things. I'm not wild about the Bishop England two-step, but that's a separate issue. Also, it bothers me not one iota that public and private schools face each other, because regardless of how/why kids matriculate at any given school, the goal of interscholastic competition is the "learning" environment provided by hard, clean competition.

The same can be said about Christ Church, St. Joseph's, and Southside Christian in the Upstate. I don't know too much about the home-schooled programs or the Charter schools, but I imagine it's along the same basis.

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
Always Right #142339 02/24/11 05:16 PM
B
brace
brace
B
Certainly, Bishop England's statewide stranglehold on Class AA athletics in many sports bespeaks the advantages of its wide enrollment area and (ahem) occasional "recruitment" of athletes. In boys' soccer, it also speaks volumes of the relationship between DISA and BE.
This is not to downplay the importance of coaching, tradition, etc. It just is what it is, and don't think for a minute that public school Class AA coaches don't question it all the time.
Because then, you'd be wrong! (Just kidding. I like the tag.)

Backscreen17 #142340 02/24/11 05:43 PM
O
bench
bench
O
I'm not saying that athletes are not among students receiving financial aid. Though the "recruitment" statement is somewhat ridiculous. Before anyone flies off the handle with hear-say(which is exactly what "a parent told me" is) i was a private school graduate, as well as an athlete. The idea that many people who haven't attended private schools have is that people are going out and actively pursuing athletes, when in reality this isn't exactly true. Should someone desire to attend a private school they must fill out applications, which can include financial aid if need be. There is no doubt that athletes are among students receiving financial aid, but as far as the idea of high school "athletic scholarships" goes it's not what the majority of people think. Even if it was...let's be real, soccer isn't the sport it would occur in.

oldballs25 #142341 02/24/11 06:06 PM
B
brace
brace
B
Hey, I KNOW kids who have been recruited to Pinewood specifically because of their ability to play sports. Their PARENTS have told me as much. It's not against the rules, and it can achieve some other worthy goals, so i don't have a problem with it.
Now, if you want to split hairs, fine. Ivy League and Patriot League universities don't give athletic grants-in-aid. But if you think Tommy Ammaker isn't out their recruiting his tail off for Harvard, you're kidding yourself.
Pinewood recruits. I can deal you cards in spades on kids recruited SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE OF their ability to play basketball, and their education was paid for. Porter-Gaud does the same thing.
As I said before, I have ZERO problem with PRIVATE schools doing this. That is an institutional decision. I also don't get upset when a private school defeats a public school in a sporting event, or point fingers about recruiting. For the most part, the coaches and ADs who schedule the events know the score, and the kids don't care.

Backscreen17 #142342 02/24/11 07:26 PM
goal kick
goal kick
Who cares if they recruit... They're still gonna lose to Cardinal Newman.

SJE Soccer Pro #142343 02/25/11 01:18 AM
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Coach Eudy, you're absolutely right, regardless there are some very strong teams out there in SCISA like PP and CN and Hammond. Every year each school always comes out whether its via scrimmage or non region/league game and they face a public school, they always put forth their best and most of the times ive seen and played before in the past, have won against those public schools. i honestly am glad SCISA schools get to have the privilege of playing against those public school teams because its a great experience for the players and it also shows the SCISA teams can play against the "big dogs"...

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
GUCCI MANE #142344 02/26/11 04:18 AM
C
throw in
throw in
C
Pinewood Prep 3-0 Hilton Head High School
Goals: Justin White, Jarret Londergan, and Ian Overmire.

Pinewood to play Fort Dorchester tomorrow morning at 9 am.
Then Stratford at 2:30.

Last edited by cat scratch; 02/26/11 04:23 AM.
cat scratch #142345 02/26/11 03:28 PM
O
throw in
throw in
O
All SCISA schools would play Single A in SCHSL. Porter-Gaud has the largest high school in SCISA with about 375 students. Pinewood has about 275 high school students. Cardinal Newman, Hammond and Heathwood Hall have high school enrollments somewhere in between. For comparison, SCHSL Single A schools Christ Church and Southside Christian each have about 300 high school students. SCHSL AA schools Bishop England and Academic Magnet have approximately 800 and 575 students respectively.

Comparing SCISA schools to Wando or Irmo or Lexington is as silly as comparing Christ Church or Academic Magnet to Wando or Irmo or Lexington. Anytime a SCHSL AAAA team plays a SCISA team and doesn't win by at least 2 goals, the SCHSL team has either played very poorly or just isn't very good at all.

oldskoolpinewood #142346 02/26/11 04:54 PM
S
kick off
kick off
S
James Island Tourney as of sat. morning

Porter Gaud defeats James Island 2-0 goals Grice and Howel
Hanahan defeats Hilton Head Christian 4-3

Porter Gaud defeats Hanahan 2-0 goals Lovern and Stitt

Scsoccersc #142347 02/26/11 05:12 PM
C
throw in
throw in
C
Wando 6-2 Lexington...

I think Cardinal Newman may have over estimated the signifigance of their win against Lexington..

cat scratch #142348 02/27/11 04:39 AM
C
kick off
kick off
C
Two things I'm sure of:

1) You all should drink a nice warm glass of SHUT THE HELL UP.

2) Pinewood and Cardinal Newman will slug it out again in the championship.

Who cares about all this other nonsense about recruiting and who's going where and which parent brownnosed another parent? Who cares? These two teams met twice last year, and each came away with a win. With the exception of 4 players(1-Pinewood, 3-CN) these are the same teams. I'll go ahead and say that this one could go either way.

Cayman #142349 02/27/11 03:03 PM
C
throw in
throw in
C
Pinewood 1-0 Fort Dorchester.
Goal: Taylor Katsanis

Pinewood Prep advances to the finals and will play Wando.

cat scratch #142350 02/28/11 12:55 AM
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
WANDO 5 - 0 PINEWOOD..... in Finals at Carolina Classic

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
cat scratch #142351 03/01/11 04:14 PM
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Wando 6-2 Lexington...

I think Cardinal Newman may have over estimated the signifigance of their win against Lexington..

Lexington faired better than pinewood against Wando

Scholes18 #142352 03/01/11 04:26 PM
B
brace
brace
B
Actually, Lexington was pretty poor throughout pool play, giving up way too many goals throughout. They still can be a very good team, but have much work to do, especially in the back line.

As to Pinewood, I would tend to disregard the margin. Both teams were playing their 5th match in less than 3 days, and their second of the morning. Wando had a comparatively easy semifinal vs. Carolina Forest, while pinewood had a 1-0 battle with Fort Dorchester. Also, Wando is much deeper. Pinewood simply had nothing left in the title match.

Backscreen17 #142353 03/01/11 04:33 PM
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
THAT'S A PRETTY GOOD ANALYSIS WITHTHEBACKSCREENOUT17!

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
Marcus H. #142354 03/17/11 02:04 AM
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
GOT SOME SLACKERS IN HERE.. I NEED WEEKLY UPDATES OF SCORES! LEAVIN A BRUH OUT HERE IN THE DARK... NOW THATS COLD. BURRRRR

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
GUCCI MANE #142355 03/17/11 12:32 PM
S
kick off
kick off
S
Any thoughts, on Friday's Pinewood Prep vs Porter Gaud game?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard