Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Quote:

I'd like to ask the members of this forum to post their support for Sam Okpodu to be offered the SCYSA Executive Director position. Sam has produced outstanding results with his ODP age groups over the years and there's no question he would have a tremendous impact on youth soccer across the state if he were in such a position.

SCYSA . . . don't miss out on this opportunity to hire Sam Okpodu. Hiring him will elevate the game across the State!!

Sigh! I guess congratulations are in order. Good luck Sam!

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Congratulations to Sam Okpodu for being named SCYS Executive Director

Okpodu Named SCYS Executive Director

M
brace
brace
M
Outstanding decision by SCYS. I predict we'll see a significant increase in player membership across the board as Coach Okpodu shares his enthusiasm and vision of the game with communities throughout the state.

Best of luck my friend!

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
O
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
O
I don't see where this position helps the "state" in any way, shape, or form. SCYSA has long neglected the Pee Dee and Coastal areas and hiring another upstate person just solidifies their stance on "South Carolina" soccer in my opinion.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
So what is the role of the executive director? What initiatives/issues will fall under his umbrella? Issues that I see lurking:

1. Role/impact of US Academy program on state, including ODP. Recent announcement of new U14 Academy league.

2. Additional impact of other organizations on USYSA/SCYSA. (ECNL - NL)

3. Competitive imbalance in state at Challenge level

4. How to grow player participation at classic and challenge level.

M
brace
brace
M
No idea what the role as been in the past, but at the end of the day such positions should be all about inspiring participation in the game to grow membership. If doing this is part of the job, they've hired the right man. Everything else is purely mechanics.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Way too easy and simplistic. What does "grow the game" mean?

And there is absolutely a political and financial element to this. In between USSF and US Club Soccer and Academy and ECNL....not to mention the forward leaning clubs like CESA who are growing independent of SCYS.......

My opinion is that SCYS is well behind the curve. Understanding that and identifying the steps necessary to offer value to its customers.....is what they need to do.

I doubt that very many recreation programs are affiliated with SCYS. Part of the growth....should come from assimilation. Show how you add value.

M
brace
brace
M
I believe the 'Value' is in what he'll bring to youth players around the state through SCYS. Beyond that I have to respectfully leave it to you and others to discuss because I'm too busy to engage in an ongoing discussion.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
I know you're too busy to respond....so I'll ask rhetorically: what value will Sam Okpodu bring the the youth players in this state, and how will he do it?

Not trying to be a pain in the neck. I'm assuming there is a plan for growth and quality? I'm assuming there is an understanding of the roadblocks and a plan on how to manage them?

Last edited by Big Daddy; 04/15/11 04:50 PM.
M
brace
brace
M
I suppose the only way one would know what I mean by my use of the term 'value' is by having watched Sam train players. Other than that, I'll leave it to Sam to simply demonstrate his worth to youth soccer through his initiatives. Fair enough?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard