Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 22 23
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
easy decision for my daughter,at the beginning of the hs season she committed to her high school, her coach, and her teammates.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

When was the last time a 3A school won VC?

Riverside over Eastside in finals 4 years ago.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

easy decision for my daughter,at the beginning of the hs season she committed to her high school, her coach, and her teammates.

Easy for some others too. When they made their club team (last May), they committed to their team and their teammates too. When they decided to be as good of a player as they could be, they decided to go to the best events and play against the best teams they could.

Was your daughter on an ECNL team this year? I think not being on the team and not having the option to go would make it a very easy decision indeed.

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Quote:

What games did you get to watch? Who's team does your daughter play for?

I watched all or part of the following teams games Wando,Mauldin,Mann,Riverside.

"Duh,WINNING."
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
So Harry, committment works for Club, but when you try out and make your High School team, committment does not matter??? These players do not have to be committed to THIS team???

Oh I get it, as far as you are concerned Committment works only when YOU want it to???

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
No, it doesn't only work when I want it to. I'm saying that some kids committed to a team in MAY, then tried out for a team the following JANUARY/FEBRUARY. Which committment came first?

I'm also suggesting that going to play in an event against some of the better teams in the country may be a little more beneficial than playing in a preseason high school tournament.

By the way, didn't some of these players show their commitment by completing their punishment before going on this trip? I'll save the stupidity of that for a different conversation.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
This should not have to be an either/or situation. It is no secret Club/ECNL would like to see the players not play high school. They know once the players get a taste of wearing that high school jersey, playing before their peers that they really like it. ECNL and Club are trying (and they really have already) become year round.

High School season lasts essentially from Feb.-May. So Club/ECNL can have these players 8 months of the year. High School only needs them for 4. Is 8 months not enough?

Evidently not. That's 4 months that they are not getting YOUR money and YOUR time.

And as for punishment, I assume your player's high school (which you did not answer to gbdawgs) must have set some rules prior to the season, agreed to by all the players. So I guess in your "Commitment" policy, since they do not have to be committed to high school these rules do not apply.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Harry, my mistake with the gbdawgs remark. But what team is your player a part of?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
most usually have to sit out a game or not start a game..Nothing wrong with that rule as long as the coaches are consistant with it and not pick and choose..

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Bingo!!! We have a winner!!!

Evidently not. That's 4 months that they are not getting YOUR money and YOUR time.

Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard