G
corner kick
corner kick
G
I smell "Sweetfeet" on your posts...

Goal
Goal
Quote:

No, it doesn't only work when I want it to. I'm saying that some kids committed to a team in MAY, then tried out for a team the following JANUARY/FEBRUARY. Which committment came first?

Fine then...HS coaches will now just get verbal or written commitment from players who will return to play the following year. Surely, there's nothing in the rules to prevent this. If you don't like the fact that HS coaches would enjoy having their players at HS games, then don't play HS soccer.

If you don't have the forward thinking to distinguish the two commitments then your missing the message of HS athletics in general. It's a privilege to represent your HS, your town, or your community, NOT some God-given my child is more important than others right.

Who's the ECNL more beneficial to? HS soccer? Your community? The HS team? I'd beg to differ. It may be a little more beneficial to your own particular daughter but that's a selfish view of athletics in general.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

No, it doesn't only work when I want it to. I'm saying that some kids committed to a team in MAY, then tried out for a team the following JANUARY/FEBRUARY. Which committment came first?

Fine then...HS coaches will now just get verbal or written commitment from players who will return to play the following year. Surely, there's nothing in the rules to prevent this. If you don't like the fact that HS coaches would enjoy having their players at HS games, then don't play HS soccer.

If you don't have the forward thinking to distinguish the two commitments then your missing the message of HS athletics in general. It's a privilege to represent your HS, your town, or your community, NOT some God-given my child is more important than others right.

Who's the ECNL more beneficial to? HS soccer? Your community? The HS team? I'd beg to differ. It may be a little more beneficial to your own particular daughter but that's a selfish view of athletics in general.

So you want a kid to skip a ECNL event that has 90 college coaches at to play in a preseason High school tourny.Im not sure that many coaches was at the cup.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
great post....you're right on...

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
While I feel it's the players choice and if they choose the ECNL event..I completely understand and do not have a problem with it..Most players that sign with colleges from S.C. do so within the tri-state area so selling the kids and parents on the 90 college coaches is so yesterday...If they choose to go it should be for the level of competition and nothing else..

Goal
Goal
I don't particularly care what your player does. Just be prepared to suffer the consequences any coach lays out there. If it's excused, so be it. If it's not, then that's a lesson you and the player need to learn. The team suffered in the absence, she should attempt to make it up to the TEAM. Compassion for teammates and the importance of being a TEAM are qualities that many families lack to teach their athletes.

At any rate, you reply proves the point, so thanks: self-righteous attitude, no regards for anything else BUT your daughter. Tale as old as time.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

While I feel it's the players choice and if they choose the ECNL event..I completely understand and do not have a problem with it..Most players that sign with colleges from S.C. do so within the tri-state area so selling the kids and parents on the 90 college coaches is so yesterday...If they choose to go it should be for the level of competition and nothing else..

Why should it be just about the competition. You take the college coaches out and i bet most stay home and play in the cup.
Look at the video of day 1 and the san antonio event. Listen to the one coach talking to his team. he specificaly mentions all the college coaches

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

I don't particularly care what your player does. Just be prepared to suffer the consequences any coach lays out there. If it's excused, so be it. If it's not, then that's a lesson you and the player need to learn. The team suffered in the absence, she should attempt to make it up to the TEAM. Compassion for teammates and the importance of being a TEAM are qualities that many families lack to teach their athletes.

At any rate, you reply proves the point, so thanks: self-righteous attitude, no regards for anything else BUT your daughter. Tale as old as time. [/quot

to be honest mine was torn between staying and playing with her school team which she loves and going to San Antonio. i chose SA because the money had been paid long before i knew the cup was the same weekend.. How many high school coaches you think are going to say play with us or dont play at all. im sure a school like mauldin would not give up all those ecnl players. as far as understanding what team means. Why is choosing the team she started in august with not understanding the word team. dont forget that i paid money to that team and not the high school team.
you said you do not care what my player does. doesnt sound that way. what is self righteous about my reply. just stating a fact.

i guess yours did not go to the ecnl event or either does not play on a ecnl team which would shed some light on your problem with what a kid chooses to do

Last edited by Hard Headed; 03/07/11 05:01 PM.
F
Throw In
Throw In
F
Quote:

This is my first post here, so please be gentle.
ECNL was founded way back in 2009, so it been around a long time Before then what events were the girls attending that brought in the same number (90) of college coaches? It would be difficult to argue these ECNL events don't offer the girls much more exposure to college coaches (from outside the tri-state area) than just a few years ago. Maybe with the increased exposure ECNL provides, some girls will decide to venture outside the tri-state area to play college soccer. I figure if the girls want to play at the next level, they have to go where the coaches go...and right now that is ECNL events.

Goal
Goal
Nope. I don't have a child. If I did, I'd certainly let them know that representing their community is much more important than representing their-self but, that's just me. That's why I consider your viewpoint self-centered.

Oh, you paid money...you're big time. You can totally trump the high school team because YOU paid money. Sarcasm aside, the HS pays money to participate in these tournaments (sometimes in the 1000s of dollars range; more than your club fees in most cases).

Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard