Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Why would 90 college coaches show up for anything less than the competition? You forgot the most important part..Why does a player have to go to Seattle or Texas to sign within a tri-state area? Would they not benefit more by traveling up and down the ease coast?

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Hard Headed- do you know why your daughter was "torn" to stay and play for her high school team "which she loves"?

Maybe because it is A TEAM. Club, especially at the highest levels is not about the team, it's about the individual and about the Club.

Even though you pay, all you are to them is a resource. For your money and your talent. In my opinion, when you reach a certain age, and I would guess around the U14, U15 age group, the Club is no longer interested in making a player better. The Club is interested in collecting (in their opinion) the best talent they can get, and get them from wherever they can.

The money factor is what is so bizarre. Parents pay, but have absolutely no say. They should not be running the Club, but should have some input. Parents have totally lost control of Clubs, and most will "jump through hoops" if the Club tells them.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
FXDWG,
Welcome to the boards,
Completely understand your point of view.
I don't think that the girls are not willing to venture out of the area.I just think that a player has to be head and shoulders above the rest to get the interest of coaches outside the area..

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
ECNL founded in 2009. Let's see it's 2011.
2 years is hardly a long time.

Sorry- not being gentle today. It's Monday.

H
brace
brace
H
been up and down the east coast.
check your pm.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Hard Headed- do you know why your daughter was "torn" to stay and play for her high school team "which she loves"?

Maybe because it is A TEAM. Club, especially at the highest levels is not about the team, it's about the individual and about the Club.

Even though you pay, all you are to them is a resource. For your money and your talent. In my opinion, when you reach a certain age, and I would guess around the U14, U15 age group, the Club is no longer interested in making a player better. The Club is interested in collecting (in their opinion) the best talent they can get, and get them from wherever they can.

The money factor is what is so bizarre. Parents pay, but have absolutely no say. They should not be running the Club, but should have some input. Parents have totally lost control of Clubs, and most will "jump through hoops" if the Club tells them.

i agree with alot of what you are saying but check your pm.
mine is lucky. since she has a high school coach that is as good or better than most club coaches she will get good training year around.
i have a older one that played so i know how the system works with the clubs.
the difference is high school is a group of girls that are friends, club is a group of girls ( some)that would trip their own teammate just so they didnt look better than the tripper.

Last edited by Hard Headed; 03/07/11 05:39 PM.
L
Goal
Goal
L
Sounds like fundamentalists talking smack to me. lol
I bet the backups really liked playing more in VC with a few of the starters missing to play encl.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

i agree with alot of what you are saying but check your pm.
mine is lucky. since she has a high school coach that is as good or better than most club coaches she will get good training year around.
i have a older one that played so i know how the system works with the clubs.
the difference is high school is a group of girls that are friends, club is a group of girls ( some)that would trip their own teammate just so they didnt look better than the tripper.

If you can admit that, which (hs or club) is more important to your daughter's social development as an adult? Would you agree that playing sports with friends is something that is beneficial to her well-being? Or do you look at it as "my daughter does this to get a scholarship!"? Is that parenting or looking out for your own wallet?

I wouldn't agree with you that HS athletics is just a group of friends. I don't know of many coaches around me or any other area for that matter that WOULD agree with you. That's a horrible way to perceive a competitive sport.

Last edited by shut^&play; 03/07/11 05:50 PM.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Agreed..There are some positives to this situation..More playing time for those who would normally be sitting..Adds depth to your bench..

corner kick
corner kick
Quick question, because it's been so long since I played now...is club soccer really as un-friendly as you guys are making it sound these days? I know the kids don't really keep the same single coach like we used to, but we were all really close, tight units at all age groups. A lot of the Fury girls hung out together, the ICE, the Impulse...etc. It just happened that a lot of us also played for Wando later on. You guys are now making it sound like club is some horrible, back-stabbing "pageant mom/kid" scenario now.

Club for us was playing with friends/long-time teammates, excellent competition, and fun. HS just added the fact that you were wearing Warrior Black and White instead of MPSC maroon and white.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard