Print Thread
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

i agree with alot of what you are saying but check your pm.
mine is lucky. since she has a high school coach that is as good or better than most club coaches she will get good training year around.
i have a older one that played so i know how the system works with the clubs.
the difference is high school is a group of girls that are friends, club is a group of girls ( some)that would trip their own teammate just so they didnt look better than the tripper.

If you can admit that, which (hs or club) is more important to your daughter's social development as an adult? Would you agree that playing sports with friends is something that is beneficial to her well-being? Or do you look at it as "my daughter does this to get a scholarship!"? Is that parenting or looking out for your own wallet?

I wouldn't agree with you that HS athletics is just a group of friends. I don't know of many coaches around me or any other area for that matter that WOULD agree with you. That's a horrible way to perceive a competitive sport.

you said you do not have kids so im not sure what you know about being beneficial to kid. im not sure why tou think hs is better for a kids development to become an adult and club soccer is not.im not sure you know what parenting is either. as far as hs being just a group of friends i never said that was all hs was but they are in general more friends than in club.hs school in general is only competative for a small number of schools.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Kitten,
Let's just say club soccer is not what it use to be..

P
kick off
kick off
P
Adidaskitten,

My daughter, who went to San Antonio, feels the same way today that you did when you played. She loves the game and her teams. Sometimes in life we get dealt cards that make us have to make choices we dont like and we make the best choices we can and try to get back to normalcy. That's what the ECNL girls have been through.

I have had my run-ins with club, but I don't throw the entire club system under the bus because of it.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

you said you do not have kids so im not sure what you know about being beneficial to kid. im not sure why tou think hs is better for a kids development to become an adult and club soccer is not.im not sure you know what parenting is either. as far as hs being just a group of friends i never said that was all hs was but they are in general more friends than in club.hs school in general is only competative for a small number of schools.

The attributes of being held accountable for actions is certainly something that should be conveyed to every child. That's why this country's educational system sucks at this moment. That's why this country sucks at this moment. No one thinks they should be held accountable for the choices they make. By saying that your daughter should not be held accountable by her hs team because she chose to leave them during their season is not teaching this skill, plain and simple.

I'm not saying don't go play in your ECNL league or whatever. Go for it. Just don't expect to not have repercussions upon your return whether they be team instituted, coach (bench time/make-ups) instituted, self (guilt) instituted or peer instituted. Be prepared to face the music and don't complain about it. Furthermore, don't make ridiculously outlandish statements like HS soccer is some social club for girls and boys. HS coaches aren't babysitters.

H
brace
brace
H
shut up &play
im not sure which of my post said she should not be held accountable for her actions but to be honest she shouldnt. she was already committed to her club team and to attend the san antonio event long before hs every started. if she had committed to the cup and then baled for san antonio then i would say she should be held accountable. you are just all for high school soccer so you think high school comes first.
im also not sure which of my post said high school soccer was a social event and that high school coaches were babysitters. school soccer like wando,mauldin,ft mill and many other schools it is not a social club. for the other half of the school teams in the state , a social club is what it is.
if i remember one of your post right you said that hs soccer was importany for a kids development as an adult. i guess you are the one saying it is a social event.
do you coach hs soccer ? maybe your players are babysitting you!

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

The attributes of being held accountable for actions is certainly something that should be conveyed to every child. That's why this country's educational system sucks at this moment. That's why this country sucks at this moment. No one thinks they should be held accountable for the choices they make. By saying that your daughter should not be held accountable by her hs team because she chose to leave them during their season is not teaching this skill, plain and simple.

I'm not saying don't go play in your ECNL league or whatever. Go for it. Just don't expect to not have repercussions upon your return whether they be team instituted, coach (bench time/make-ups) instituted, self (guilt) instituted or peer instituted. Be prepared to face the music and don't complain about it. Furthermore, don't make ridiculously outlandish statements like HS soccer is some social club for girls and boys. HS coaches aren't babysitters.

hurry up and answer my other post and pm. i have to go to the Doc ole mighty one.

H
brace
brace
H
shut up im not sure where in any of my post that i bashed hs soccer. you just have a problem with kids going to san antonio. mine is going to have a great exsperience with her hs team.just the timing of the 2 events were bad.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Hey Kitten. First I didn't know you could put 20 girls on a team and not have drama. Thats good to hear. The clubs are fine. I think there has been some tough adjustments to the new ECNL league. It does require more travel and finances and has some parents worried because they do want to give their kids the best possible chance to play in college. The exposure ECNL brings is great. The larger cities are able to keep it a closer knit group than the smaller cities who are bringing in kids from farther away and they are not able to attend every practice and don't become as familiar with the team. In Greenville we may have 30-40 kids trying out for a team; where in Charlotte or Atlanta they will have twice that. I'm also sure there will always be complaints on whether your child should be on premier or challenge. Always a tough situation that can create issues.

Goal
Goal
Good one. You got me. I am being babysat by a group of HS players...mature.

If HS soccer is so meaningless then my suggestion to you is to keep her from playing and, for the love of God stop posting about it in the girl's high school soccer forum. This is a site for the SCHSSCA...not for your personal musings.

Quote:

the difference is high school is a group of girls that are friends, club is a group of girls ( some)that would trip their own teammate just so they didnt look better than the tripper.

That's a quote from your old post. Scroll up on the smart-phone that, judging by the literacy level of your posts, I hope you're reading from. In point of fact I'm arguing that HS athletics is NOT just a social event. It's an organized part of the community you live in. Judging by your responses and this ridiculous PM that you tried to send me about your daughter going to LSU (real small trophy is in the mail on that) you could care less about that community. If it doesn't work for you, you don't do it. Get it?

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Good one. You got me. I am being babysat by a group of HS players...mature.

If HS soccer is so meaningless then my suggestion to you is to keep her from playing and, for the love of God stop posting about it in the girl's high school soccer forum. This is a site for the SCHSSCA...not for your personal musings.

Quote:

That's a quote from your old post. Scroll up on the smart-phone that, judging by the literacy level of your posts, I hope you're reading from. In point of fact I'm arguing that HS athletics is NOT just a social event. It's an organized part of the community you live in. Judging by your responses and this ridiculous PM that you tried to send me about your daughter going to LSU (real small trophy is in the mail on that) you could care less about that community. If it doesn't work for you, you don't do it. Get it?

where did i say hs soccer was meaningless? when my oldest was at rock hill high it was meaningless.
nope. the pm about her going to lsu was to show club does help some. you are just to big of an idiot to know it. you dont need to send her a trophy. her trophy was the full ride she got to play soccer at lsu. my trophy is she got the full ride so i do not have to pay. i think we are ok on the trophys so you can save it to send to someone else.
did i hit a nerve in my pm. i must of been right on who/what you are.

Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard