Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23
C
throw in
throw in
C
Hey Harry - At the VC this past weekend, I saw coaches from Lander, Francis Marion, NC State, Coker, Georgia, S. Carolina, N. Carolina, Coastal Carolina, College of Chas. and Furman. I can't say if a rep from Yale attended, I may have missed them when I went to the bathroom.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Saw Anderson too!

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Yeah? UNC sent someone to watch the Airport vs. Mauldin game? They also sent a coach to San Antonio (along with every other member of the ACC) to watch games between some of the best clubs in the country. I call that multi-tasking at it's best. Maybe not the best use of resources, but good multi-tasking.

Q
throw in
throw in
Q
How many of these ECNL players are looking to play at colleges other then the ones in the Carolinas and surrounding states?

I know in the past there haven't been many...

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
On the CESA website, I'm seeing players that have gone to:

Washington & Lee X 4
Kentucky
Richmond
Alabama
Iowa St.
Southern Cal.
Ohio St.
Oklahoma Baptist
West Point
Milligan
Liberty X 2
Vassar
Marshall X 4
Howard
Towson
Villanova
Johns Hopkins
Georgetown
Tampa
Virginia Tech
Radford
Palm Beach Atlantic

R
bench
bench
R
Quote:

I see both sides of this. It is hard to commit to 2 teams. Both are important. I would hope that everyone involved would stay focused on what is important for each team and player and handle it in appropriate manner. HH please don't mention names... I am sure neither would want to be named on here like this.

Why would you not want names mentioned? I'm sure if they're steadfast in their conviction that they would welcome their name being associated with sitting out the Viking Cup. They obviously had THEIR best interests at heart and not that of their high school team. If you look at it from a ME standpoint, then the player going to ECNL is correct. IF you look at it from a high school team perspective, then going to the Viking Cup is correct. Either way, I'm sure the player is convinced that what they did was correct and would stand by that decision in public. Can we ask for a CESA list of players that participated in the ECNL event and what schools were directly affected by them not attending the Viking Cup?

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Of course, there are many others that played in the Carolinas and Georgia. I think there are lots of players who don't know exactly where they want to go until someone recruits them. Then they research that particular school and make a decision as to whether or not it is a good fit. Thus making it a good idea to get the most exposure playing against the best competition you can find. Sometimes that will mean making choices about what is best for you as a player.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Washington & Lee ???? Are you kidding me??? Where in the @#$% is that?

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Washington & Lee is in Lexington VA and boasts one of the better law schools in the country.

Last year the women's soccer team went 10-6-2 overall with a 7-3-1 record in the Old Dominion Athletic Conference.

O
throw in
throw in
O
RESCL: They are children who are not of legal age.

Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard