Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23
corner kick
corner kick

I'm pretty sure that the hs in question made the players all sit down and write an essay stating what they were going to do regarding ECNL and Viking Cup back in November. So actually, the coach knew all along what the girls' committments were and then agreed to take them onto the team. So I guess it's not that big of a deal afterall.

Harry,
What school does your daughter attend, obviously not Mauldin. The girls were never asked to write an essay. They were asked which event they were going to attend, at which point, they were given a few days to discuss this with their parents. A few girls said the wanted to play in the VC. Unfortunately several girls quit a club team after the fall season and some Mauldin player's went to ECNL to support a depleted club team. I think that team only traveled to Texas with 13 players. I know another girl was asked by a college coach to attend the ECNL event and one other played in VC. As for fitness punishment, that is standard procedure at Mauldin for missing a practice or game for any reason. There is nothing wrong with a little extra fitness if you want to play soccer. That is pretty much the extent of it. Because the girls were "pre punished" all the ECNL girls started last night and we had a successful start to region play.

Only time will tell
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Well, honestly, unemployed wouldn't surprise me.

if that was the case then i couldnt pay all those club fees that you can not stand. i guess then i would be like you and only had hs soccer. nothing wrong with hs soccer. just so you dont read that into my post

I'm involved in both club soccer and hs soccer and see the merit in both. Thanks.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

I'm involved in both club soccer and hs soccer and see the merit in both. Thanks.

And a couple State Championships
Doh!!!!

Homer no function beer well without
J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

The ridiculous view by parents that their child is more important than a team that they (supposedly) want to be a part of.

The decision to attend ECNL wasn't selfishness. They did choose to be part of a team. The difficult problem these girls faced was that they were on two teams.

To a person, I'll wager that every girls would have preferred to attend both events, but they had to pick one. You simply don't like one they selected.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

End of May conflicts with final exams.

Exactly. Events were selected from feedback from parents about trying to avoid conflicts with school and also to simplify travel.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
The first 3 events could have been chosen, then no conflicts.

2010-11 ECNL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
ECNL Regular-Season Event #1 Aug. 27-29, 2010 Temecula, Calif.
ECNL Regular-Season Event #2 Dec. 3-5, 2010 Raleigh, N.C.
ECNL Regular-Season Event #3 Dec. 27-29, 2010 Sanford, Fla.
ECNL Regular-Season Event #4 March 4-6, 2011 San Antonio, Texas
ECNL Regular-Season Event #5 May 28-30, 2011 Zarephath, N.J.
ECNL National Championship July 14-16, 2011 TBD

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

The ridiculous view by parents that their child is more important than a team that they (supposedly) want to be a part of.

The decision to attend ECNL wasn't selfishness. They did choose to be part of a team. The difficult problem these girls faced was that they were on two teams.

To a person, I'll wager that every girls would have preferred to attend both events, but they had to pick one. You simply don't like one they selected.

No, I simply don't like a parent who wants to debate that their view is right because they think HS soccer doesn't provide opportunities for their daughter specifically. The result is an elitist attitude that is a detriment to the HS game. If you believe this, fine. Don't post about it in the GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER FORUM. Shut^&Play basically. People that think they're better than others simply because they PAY for club soccer expenses rub me the wrong way. I think that's pretty clear from all my posts in this regard.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
The real issue regarding a pre-season tourney like the Viking Cup is not if you win it. It is to get your team ready for the season. It's for the players to bond, the new players to mesh and the team to play a lot of soccer to get them ready. Great play against good cross-state competition.

If 1-2, 3-5 or however many players are missing, you will not totally accomplish this.

You do not see High School AAU Basketball having a tourney at the start of HS Basketball season, nor do you have HS traveling baseball Clubs teams playing at the start of HS season, or swimming etc... only soccer.

As I have said before, High School only needs 4 months, if Club can't do theirs in 8 months, well this should be addressed. Club's cannot get enough of your time and your money.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
JAK hit it on the head and Chass has the best overall view of this situation..My daughter has played club ball for ten years and while we are not part of the ECNL..she could have found herself in the same situation as those that chose the event..It's not the end of the world..Why not move on and let this thread die off...That's not a question..It's a request..

L
Goal
Goal
L
s&p - it really been you and HH that have gotten sideways on this topic. u 2 must have an issue with one another or had a previous run in. otherwise this tread has been ok.

Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard