Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 23 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Senior trips and proms and campus visits fall during soccer season..I wish the school administration could be more considerate..Spring break just messes everything up..

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
For the last time..32 teams in the VC..Last I heard there were only 13 that went to SA..Assumming all 13 are from SC..There were three or four schools that had 2,3 or more missing that were very competitive schools..What did this do?It evened out the play at the VC..I did not see any outlandish scores and it made the event more competitive for the other 27 schools that attended and provided play for players that otherwise would have had more bench time..
Conclusion? Congratulations again to Hilton Head..

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
Quote:

Senior trips and proms and campus visits fall during soccer season..I wish the school administration could be more considerate..Spring break just messes everything up..

this is exactly why I use a "black and white" rule. an absence is an absence no matter what (excluding illness or family emergencies and such). that way I don't have to be the judge of whose priorities are right.

it kinda sucks that kids are soooo stretched out these days. well, i guess it is cool that they have so many opportunities, but it makes it hard to do any one thing well when over-committed.

Last edited by Jonathan; 03/10/11 03:18 PM.
world cup
world cup
Quote:

this is exactly why I use a "black and white" rule.

Jonathan,

Never referee. We live in gray!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Yes, and in the Columbia area there are two different spring breaks. The Richland county school districts have spring break April 4-8 and the Lexington county school districts have spring break April 18-22. Shame on the school administration.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Life would be boring if everything were black and white.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
WHY'S IT GOTTA BE BLACK AND WHITE?

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

For the last time..32 teams in the VC..Last I heard there were only 13 that went to SA..Assumming all 13 are from SC..

I don't understand this statement. What 13 teams are you referring to that went to SA? Weren't there only 3 girls club teams from SC that went to the ECNL event in San Antonio? I know there were also some players missing from SC high school teams at the VC who were in San Antonio with their North Carolina club teams.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Actually I meant 13 players but that could be wrong..I was thinking of the 17 age group...not giving consideration to younger age groups..Still a small number compared to 32 teams

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The ridiculous view by parents that their child is more important than a team that they (supposedly) want to be a part of.

The decision to attend ECNL wasn't selfishness. They did choose to be part of a team. The difficult problem these girls faced was that they were on two teams.

To a person, I'll wager that every girls would have preferred to attend both events, but they had to pick one. You simply don't like one they selected.

No, I simply don't like a parent who wants to debate that their view is right because they think HS soccer doesn't provide opportunities for their daughter specifically. The result is an elitist attitude that is a detriment to the HS game. If you believe this, fine. Don't post about it in the GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER FORUM. Shut^&Play basically. People that think they're better than others simply because they PAY for club soccer expenses rub me the wrong way. I think that's pretty clear from all my posts in this regard.

shut up you just like to read things into post for the sake of arguing. i feel so bad ( not really) that you think i am a detriment to hs soccer but when it comes to club, hs soccer comes in second. like it or not.the only thing rubbing you the wrong way is shut up & play if you get what i mean. someone told me they thought you were a teacher. it is hard for me to believe some classless a$$ like you is a teacher and that some school would hire you.

Last edited by Hard Headed; 03/10/11 05:34 PM.
Page 13 of 23 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard