Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Coach Emeritus
Coach Emeritus
C
To Coach Hiller, Coach Quinlan and Coach Savitz congratulations on your efforts on the tournament. It was well run and I feel that everyone had a positive experience from it. Again thank you for inviting us.

Coach D. Smith
T. L. Hanna

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The final was a captivating game considering both teams had played some intense soccer within 24 hours. Irmo showed their class by producing a 5 minute spell of brilliant individual performances that won the game for them. Northwestern surprised a lot of people with there desire, intensity, team spirit and high standard of play. This may or may not be the same teams again in the 4a state final, but for both teams to produce such a good game so early in the season bodes well for South Carolina soccer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't believe there was a high standard of play from Northwestern when one of their players recklessly fouled one of Irmo's super sophs and badly broke his ankle. (Out for the season) He only got a yellow card. Very high standard of play?? Thats a problem with high school that you dont see in high level club ball.
There are many high school guys who have no skill so they try to injure intentionally. In club ball, with more skill and ability, the players know how to avoid serious/dangerous play. I can see why some high level club coaches are against their players playing high school ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember the incident you are talking about 4soccer. In my opinion, the Irmo defender was shielding the Northwestern player from the ball, NOT shielding the ball from the player. The Northwestern player attempted to slide for the ball from the side and fouled the Irmo player. The referee, standing probably about 5 feet from the incident deemed it to be a yellow card. From where I was sitting it appeared an innocuous challenge. It is unfortunate that the player in question got a bad injury.

The player you suggest intentionally tried to injure one of Irmo's players, plays for a good club team at a high level (the top gfc U-18 team, I believe). So I don’t think it was his lack of skill that caused the situation. It is, of course, your opinion that there was not a high standard of play form Northwestern and of course mine that Northwestern’s play contributed to a very good game in which Irmo's better individual players won the game for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4soccer my dear dear friend........ ARE YOU FOR REAL?

SERIOUSLY are you kidding me. So there are no injuries at the highest level? You cannot sit there and tell me that this injury(which I feel bad for the kid) would not have happened in a club game! That is the most absurd, most idiotic,and most random idea I have ever heard! There is no way you can convince me that this injury only happens in HS soccer. Kids are kids and during the "flow" of the game many things can happen. Regardless of club/HS season.

Please explain how you came up with that logic?

Shearer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shearer,
My dear, but poor and misguided soccer friend:
From where I saw the injury it was clearly flagrant, but of course if in the discretion of the ref.... And Shearer, my bosumless buddy, I never said never in club ball are their bad injuries. I just saw this from my angle and I felt it was bad...thats all. Even though jimmie with 5 bellies has informed me that the NW player plays for a great club team, I do still stand by my point that there are many more guys in high school soccer who are more prone to commit the flagrant fouls because of a lack of skill and ability, in comparison to club ball.
I am sure this reply will not satisfy you Shearer.
But don't be too hard on your dear soccer buddy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jimmy,

That was a textbook example of how you reply to a post. Polite, informative, stating your opinion, and ultimately respectful to other's opinion. I look forward to more post like these.

MS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your words were:

Very high standard of play?? Thats a problem with high school that you dont see in high level club ball.

Don't see what? Injuries flagrant fouls? Do you watch a lot of high level soccer? Do you go out to Club games and watch? Have you been to the Sun Bowl, Jefferson Cup ETC? I am guessing not? Do you coach or have a child playing high level club or do they play just HS soccer?
Just wondering? Where are you getting your facts( or lack there of) from?

MR./Mrs Spurrier ,
I hope you have a pleasant day and enjoy the great services of this informative website! I hope the sun shines warmly on your face and may the road rise to meet you. ........ Golly Geez hope that was polite enough !
Yours truly,
Shearer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shearer my former dear friend,
I must admit that I see lots of soccer at all levels. Its just my opinion, dear sir. We all have opinions. I don't mean to propose that my opinions are perfect or even correct all the time. But I am so glad for you that your opinions and thoughts are the correct ones.
And why did you not wish that the sun should shine warmly on my face or that the road rise up to meet me??? I am a bit disheartened and believe I will now go and commit a flagrant foul on someone in my office..........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4soccer,

You must work for a mid-level company because as we all know that sort of thing does not happen at a fortune 500 company!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard