Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 23 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 22 23
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

s&p - it really been you and HH that have gotten sideways on this topic. u 2 must have an issue with one another or had a previous run in. otherwise this tread has been ok.

if you look back and read my post i just started out giving my opinionon on the subject. shut up is the one that decided to be a smart a$$. never met the guy or had a run in with him before. i would like to run into him but i bet he wouldnt sit down and talk face to face.

what got this thread going the wrong way was that a lot of people sat on the sidelines until now and just enjoyed watching two idiots go at it rather than giving their opinion. some didnt care, some didnt want to and im sure some were scared of getting bashed because their opinion may not be popular.im sure many on here dislike the idea of kids missing hs soccer for anything to do with club especially if it involves cesa. from the pm's i got there are many who feel the opposite. im not blaming any of you for me and nimrod going at it but if others would of given their opinion early on maybe it would not of went this far. on the other hand maybe it would of been worse.

Last edited by Hard Headed; 03/10/11 09:40 PM.
I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
OK Hard Headed my opinion is that shut^&play is a jerk for attacking you personally no room for that on scsoccer.

"Duh,WINNING."
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
now cmon ilovethisgame you don't even have a kid who played high school soccer and only played club. so we know which way you're leaning. "Can't we all just get along", this verbal abuse get's me very upset.

C
Coach
Coach
C
I think you have to look at the situation from an ethical standpoint...what does the player have to gain/lose vs. what does each team have to gain/lose. In either choice, are we asking the player to sacrifice something that may have major long-term benefits for something that will have a comparitively smaller impact, long-term, on the team? Or is the player going to benefit little from the choice at great consequence to the team?

To me, it's hard to justify demandng that a player make a major personal sacrifice for something that will have a very minor impact on the overall success of the team. It's equally hard to justify allowing a player to make a choice that will create little long-term effect for himself/herself but have a major negative impact on the team.

Another question might be, will the momentary negative impact of a decision be outweighed by the long-term positive benefits the player can bring back to the team through such experiences?

Missing a tournament game to go to a concert, hit the beach, take a vacation, etc.--no way.

Miss a region match or playoff game (or even a non-region regular season match) to play for another team--terrible breach of commitment.

Weighing the team's benefit or loss in a preseason tournament vs. a player's opportunity to compete at a top level, increase chances of recruitment, and hone personal skills that they can then bring back to the team's table...now the ethics seem a little different.

Just one man's opinion...never was one for asking someone else to give up a lot more than what others had to gain from it.

I've got good news and bad news...
I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Quote:

now cmon ilovethisgame you don't even have a kid who played high school soccer and only played club. so we know which way you're leaning. "Can't we all just get along", this verbal abuse get's me very upset.

Nice try gbdawgs my daughter plays HS soccer. I would love to tell u where but coach has a no posting policy.

"Duh,WINNING."
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Then why are you posting?

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Quote:

Then why are you posting?

As long as my posts are generic I see little harm in doing so.

"Duh,WINNING."
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Cmon, you can open up to us. There's only one organization I know of that would call you in to shut you up.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

Quote:

The first 3 events could have been chosen, then no conflicts.

2010-11 ECNL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
ECNL Regular-Season Event #1 Aug. 27-29, 2010 Temecula, Calif.
ECNL Regular-Season Event #2 Dec. 3-5, 2010 Raleigh, N.C.
ECNL Regular-Season Event #3 Dec. 27-29, 2010 Sanford, Fla.
ECNL Regular-Season Event #4 March 4-6, 2011 San Antonio, Texas
ECNL Regular-Season Event #5 May 28-30, 2011 Zarephath, N.J.
ECNL National Championship July 14-16, 2011 TBD

Concerning the first event, maybe the parents feedback was...let's don't take the girls out of school two weeks after it gets started. Of course, the decision also could have been due to the less expensive flights to TX, or that San Antonio offers more to do off the fields, etc.

Bingo! Simplier travel and not impact exams were a huge part of selecting the events. Impacting VC wasn't part of the decision.

D
Goal
Goal
D
That didn't stop them from going to the May event last year, but what they found was that the May event interferes with preparation for Southern Regionals a couple of weeks later, and 3 major travel expense trips in six weeks (NJ, LA, WA) resulted in too much backlash from the paying customers. Conflict with exams? Surely you jest.

Page 14 of 23 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard