Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23
S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

These non soccer athletes do play year round, but they play 8 months of club, and 4 months of high school. why is club soccer 12 months now.

LandRovers need gas year-round, not just during club season!

L
Goal
Goal
L
sd6 - by your posts you seem to have an issue with cesa or their docs. what the deal? we know of gbdawgs issues with cesa but not yours.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

I have a question for you coach. Why are not other HS sports
venues going through these scheduling conflicts. Just soccer. Do you think that it's because non interscholastic sport like soccer is a business first and they need to run year round to survive? Because non intersholastic teams like basketball, baseball, softball are not looking at the money,more about development. These non soccer athletes do play year round, but they play 8 months of club, and 4 months of high school. why is club soccer 12 months now.

I believe high school baseball, basketball, and softball each have the same season in all states, so AAU and travel team leagues/tournaments only have to avoid conflicts during a 4-month period. Since high school soccer is played in fall, winter, and spring seasons across the country, there are no months during the school year when conflicts can be avoided in all states.

B
brace
brace
B
That's part of it, for sure.

The other thing is the way soccer is done in this country. that is, pay to play, with high school programs virtually ignored from a serious recruiter's perspective.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

..why is club soccer 12 months now.

I have been involved with club soccer for 16 years and it has basically been a 9-12 month program since I've been in it. My daughters played for a local club's rec teams in fall and summer seasons up through U12. SCYSA has U13-U14 Select leagues in the spring as well as fall, and ODP in the Spring for all ages. A good many select teams begin practice in June or July for the seasonal year that runs August through July. Of course the regional and national tournaments are in the summer and, when my daughters played, the Super-Y League was in the summer.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

That's part of it, for sure.

The other thing is the way soccer is done in this country. that is, pay to play, with high school programs virtually ignored from a serious recruiter's perspective.

That's not just this country. In most countries, soccer clubs develop players who typically go pro after secondary school. School boy soccer is not taken very seriously in the UK, for example. Soccer is kind of caught in the middle here where players in most US sports (football, basketball, baseball, etc) are developed through the high school to college progression. In most of the world, a soccer player who waits until age 22 to turn pro is well behind the rest of her/his contempories.

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Quote:

Quote:

These non soccer athletes do play year round, but they play 8 months of club, and 4 months of high school. why is club soccer 12 months now.

LandRovers need gas year-round, not just during club season!

If you worry about what the guys at CESA drive you are very pathetic.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
I think you're missing my point. If you take 2 athletes. both are high end athletes D1 recruits. One plays basketball and one plays soccer. Each play for their respective clubs and on their high school team. 100% of the time the club team is going to be much better than the high school team in both sports, that's a given. In Basketball and other youth sports they give the kids a break from the high pressures of club play for a few months, but in soccer they don't now. Are you telling me that a youth soccer player needs 12 months of highly competitive play and basketball only needs 8? That doesn't make sense. Also this past year with the start of the ECNL league is the only time my player had to play year round for the past 3 years in high school my daughter did not have a spring club schedule her freshman and sophmore years. Also as you see in another thread several states forbid playing non interscholastic play during high school season. Bottom line I think these clubs are burning these kids out, probably losing some very good soccer players in the process. I don't think it's just a local soccer club problem, I think it's now nationwide youth soccer problem with the birth of the ECNL.

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Quote:

I think you're missing my point. If you take 2 athletes. both are high end athletes D1 recruits. One plays basketball and one plays soccer. Each play for their respective clubs and on their high school team. 100% of the time the club team is going to be much better than the high school team in both sports, that's a given. In Basketball and other youth sports they give the kids a break from the high pressures of club play for a few months, but in soccer they don't now. Are you telling me that a youth soccer player needs 12 months of highly competitive play and basketball only needs 8? That doesn't make sense. Also this past year with the start of the ECNL league is the only time my player had to play year round for the past 3 years in high school my daughter did not have a spring club schedule her freshman and sophmore years. Also as you see in another thread several states forbid playing non interscholastic play during high school season. Bottom line I think these clubs are burning these kids out, probably losing some very good soccer players in the process. I don't think it's just a local soccer club problem, I think it's now nationwide youth soccer problem with the birth of the ECNL.

Burn out really? How much practice do you think the average AAU/Club Basketball player puts in per week. I would reason to say two to three times the amount any female soccer player puts in. It is not uncommon for a basketball player to play from sun up to sun down. The elite players play/train every minute of every day. I have never heard the word burn out used in basketball over the amount of training a player puts in.

"Duh,WINNING."
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
ilove you just proved my point . the aau player does practise more...BUT NOT DURING HIGH SCHOOL SEASON!Read the whole post!

Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard