Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23
L
goal kick
goal kick
L
How long is this post going to last??? The Viking Cup was a week ago. Games are done and the regular season has started. Can the focus change please?

D
Goal
Goal
D
Coach Chass, I agree with your point, but I'll post a more complete response after the game I have to get to.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Harry why do other states have the non intersholastic rules during prep season. You got my vote with the letter. I'll let you get back to your Club Kool Aide.

world cup
world cup
Do all those other states ban Sunday beer sales?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
F
Throw In
Throw In
F
Quote:

Do all those other states ban Sunday beer sales?

When you buy in case qtys it don't matter...burp

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Coach Chass, I agree with your point, but I'll post a more complete response after the game I have to get to.

Hope the game went well...I think I see your point also. ECNL provides a number of choices of events and the local club that is aware of local conflicting issues decides which ones to attend, presumably choosing the ones that avoid interference with prominent high school competition.

Am I in the ball park?

I've got good news and bad news...
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

no i get your point. but iloves original post was effect of ecnl on viking cup. this is the first year that ecnl has effected viking cup, ecnl is a club event. i'm saying why can't it go back to the way it was when high school players were not required to play club ball in the spring. make youth club soccer an 8 month venue in sc from june-december for high school players.

and in my opinion the the rule needs to be reversed. who do we write? State Congressman?

So you are OK with ECNL conflicting with high school in over 30 other states, just don't interfere with high school soccer in such a large, important, highly populated state as South Carolina?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Leaving ECNL for a moment, SCYSA is the only USYSA state association in Region 3 who decides their state champions (representatives to the regionals) before Christmas. All of the others play their state cups in the spring. I took a team to regionals in 2008 and we didn't know the other teams from the other states in our age group until late May. And in at least five of those states high school soccer is played in the spring (Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Oklahoma, Tennessee). I'll bet they have some real conflicts between club and high school in those states.

I know SCYSA would love to see high soccer moved to the fall in SC so they could move their season to the spring. Then their state champions wouldn't be going to the regionals 6 months after completing their season and playing against other state champions who just finished theirs. But we all know that isn't going to happen because it would conflict with the king of sports in SC, gridiron football.

kick off
kick off
Homer have solution
Make HS soccer all year round!!!!!!
Doh!

Homer no function beer well without
J
Brace
Brace
J
I find this whole discussion amusing. If you look at the money spent for your child to play soccer at an elite level...if you just saved that money, you could pay for an entire college education. It costs thousands for really elite club teams where I live ($5,000+/year) and you have all the travel expenses and lack of time with your other children to factor in. If your child loves to play soccer, good, but understand that if you are looking for a college education out of it it is not worth the money layed out to get them to that level. I played soccer growing up, have a son that is getting to that age to play at a competitive level, and I am not sure I want to go that route. he could easily make any team around here, but I just don't think it is worth it to devote that much time to one sport and one of my three children. Just my opinion though....

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard