Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23
world cup
world cup
Quote:

Love you Hurst! Like to see you run a sub 30 5k!

cat,
I'm at about 32 minutes right now, give me a few weeks of training now that the weather has improved. Can we do it for charity? Make sure the course isn't real hilly.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
T
kick off
kick off
T
Where at in Colorado are you from if I might ask? I spent 4 years going to school in Colorado Springs. Have tried to get back there to live but work never sent me that way. Now that i am retired, We are counting the days to go back west once my daughter graduates HS.

One important point is that kids need to do what fits in their goals. I have been fortunate enough to have the money to pay for the soccer over the years and to have a daughter that is dedicated and focused. She went the other route this year and continued to play club but said no to HS. This was based on her goals and here academic/classroom work was more important than HS soccer. She wants to go to school where I did, but soccer doesn't have the pull that College football does in helping with admissions, so with only a limited amount of time in the day kids have to make choices.

What smells about this whole argument is that kids with superior talent and abilities are being put down and punished by the very coaches/teams that need their services. These kids don't need to play HS soccer, and if this crap keeps up all of these kids will be gone and then where will the HS teams be. Like I said, ECNL is going to make the decision for their player to not play HS in the next couple of years, either by contract or by schedule.

T
kick off
kick off
T
Hurst, I will be happy to drive the chase golf cart to spur you on, and pick up the pieces if necessary

world cup
world cup
titan,

If it's a hot day, make sure you have a couple cans of Diet Pepsi in the cooler in the cart.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
goal
goal
I guess I don’t spend nearly enough time reading the Girls High School Soccer threads – this has been most entertaining! And, to see harry back on his heels, it’s almost too much for me to handle. But, alas, I feel for the lad. While he has gone off on many tangents that have little to do with any of it, I believe his main point has merit. Harry is one of the best at stirring up crap (as he attempted to do just last week on another one of the boards) but many of his comments have been taken way out of context – even I can tell that he’s really not saying some of the moronic things a few of you are suggesting.

These players made a commitment to one team (club) and played with them, then joined another team (high school) when time came for that season to begin. As long as the second team’s coach and players (parents not required) are aware of the commitments made to the first team, and accept the players onto their team, there should not be any issues.

The players did not cause any of this. They just want to play soccer. I’m sure if they had their preference, there would be no conflicts. The ECNL was created to provide another level of competition for girls. I’m sure if they also had their preference, there would be no conflicts. But this is life and sometimes things just don’t work out perfectly.

When conflict does occur, though, there are numerous people who can either help the situation or hurt it. Some of the coaches have decided to make it more difficult than need be. Obviously, there are also some parents on this board who choose to view it in a negative light (sadly, many of them are vocal in front of their children, which probably does not help on the field, either).

I think the most appropriate comment made here by harry was “I have no problem with the coach setting rules and sticking by them. But the rules have to make sense. ” Why is it that some of the high school coaches were fine with all this, but others had major heartburn?

As usual, Coach Chass seems to make the most sense of it all – perspective...and practicality (I like to call it reality)

But, I would like to know which colleges offer fishing scholarships…

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
The timing/commitment issue is ridiculous. So, now that High School is playing and the players have made a commitment to it, does it carry over through the summer?

So if it does, if High School has an event, say occurring when Regional's occur, the players on the High School teams whose Club teams are going to Regionals could not go?

And regarding rules, any rules a Club coach has regarding his/her team, they must not apply either???

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

The timing/commitment issue is ridiculous. So, now that High School is playing and the players have made a commitment to it, does it carry over through the summer?

So if it does, if High School has an event, say occurring when Regional's occur, the players on the High School teams whose Club teams are going to Regionals could not go?

And regarding rules, any rules a Club coach has regarding his/her team, they must not apply either???

Which came first-the chicken or the egg

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
When does the Club season begin and end?

You go through your season, begin and end State Cup playoffs.

That used to be when it ended. Then, maybe a tournament in summer if you chose to participate or ODP is you chose to do that. Tryouts in May for the next season.

Of course now ECNL, basically year round.

But there are plenty of ECNL events year round that should allow conflicts to be minimal.

Looks like this thread will never end...

Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard