Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Should the SCHSL step in and eliminate participation in other sports venues such as club soccer games while the HS player is participating in their HS sport season. There's rules like this in other states, why not South Carolina? It doesn't seem to be a problem in other High School sports, but is a problem with the sport of soccer.

bench
bench
Heck no dawg! I say let dem fools play as much as possble, get cracked up & whacked out! Wat prob u got wit dem fools playin dis game bra? Git real or die tryin MoFo! Peace!

Yes, that's a duck on my face fool!
C
Coach
Coach
C
I think making such a rule would just cause more conflicts that could otherwise be worked out between players, coaches and teams. Very few individual situations can be best resolved by blind blanket rules...there are enough of those monkeying up the works as it is, IMHO.

I've got good news and bad news...
D
Goal
Goal
D
agree... no.

hat-trick
hat-trick
The SCHSL used to have such a rule. A legislator from the Upstate area introduced a bill that was passed and struck down the rule. This rule was in effect when my daughter played at the U14 level and her club team chose to play club instead of JV because this rule would not allow them to do both.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

I think making such a rule would just cause more conflicts that could otherwise be worked out between players, coaches and teams. Very few individual situations can be best resolved by blind blanket rules...there are enough of those monkeying up the works as it is, IMHO.

Right on!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Goal
Goal
So, we don't like something and it should be banned. Sheesh

There are no U15 and up Spring seasons. Don't see what the big deal is

L
Goal
Goal
L
omg- have you gone crazy! wanting SCHSL to tell us where, when, how much a student can play during HS season!
wow, the cesa/ecnl/going to seattle/not playing in college/high cost of playing club ball/missing viking cup to play in encl stuff has gotten to you.
time for therapy

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Should the SCHSL step in and eliminate participation in other sports venues such as club soccer games while the HS player is participating in their HS sport season. There's rules like this in other states, why not South Carolina? It doesn't seem to be a problem in other High School sports, but is a problem with the sport of soccer.

No.

The SCHSL blows enough decisions as it is. The less they do, the better.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

The SCHSL used to have such a rule. A legislator from the Upstate area introduced a bill that was passed and struck down the rule. This rule was in effect when my daughter played at the U14 level and her club team chose to play club instead of JV because this rule would not allow them to do both.

Agree.

In 2000, my daughter could not play JV as an 8th grader because she played U-14 club soccer. Do we want to return to those days? I would think not.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard